• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you date an overweight man or woman?

Would you date an overweight man / woman?

• Yes

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • No

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Like look at someone like actress Sara Rue. Not only is the overweight version of her a good example, I also personally think she looks horrible without the weight.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I'd say vote yes. I'd also so this doesn't look extremely accurate based on many people I know around 30bmi who, on this, would fit "slightly overweight".

That'd be partly because musle weights more than fat. I would assume some women with good muscle in legs and but would be very healthy and look fit.

I do think there is such a thing as a lot of muscle though, but in general, some biceps, triceps and back dont need at all to be unsexy to me, as long as it is not what I find visually excessive I might even find it ore sexy than a woman not so fit. I do love abs in women :D though all of these would be kind of complementary, like good spice. Face is first and general "hourglass" figure is the best first and foremost indicator of sexyness in a woman's body for me.

Like look at someone like actress Sara Rue. Not only is the overweight version of her a good example, I also personally think she looks horrible without the weight.
sara_rue_beforeafter.jpg

She looks well all around :D

I think my favorites do would be around 30 and 40 lbs lost, but I would totally date her if I find some chemestry. I like her smile a lot :D

she has a very sexy face.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I certainly don't have a bias for attraction to overweight women, but with her I just like her as a big girl far more haha.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I certainly don't have a bias for attraction to overweight women, but with her I just like her as a big girl far more haha.

I can totally relate to not having a prefered body type. I have some attributes I tend to like, but I find a lot of women with very different bodies be very atractive to me.

With that I mean different shapes of breasts I find attrative in different women, the same with general body figure "matching" face. though it makes it sound as if I rated by body parts, but in general it is a whole body thing.

Unless she is like flat either in breass or butt, or has an ugly face and everything else I find appealing. Then I say "why couldnt she only have *x physical attribute different* " :cover:

:eek: :D

BeckyRose1998

PICKLES THE KID
I'm not shallow. It's not the weight, it's the person.
I'm overweight, so, you know, who cares? (I refuse to listen to Michelle Obama and her plea for everyone to be skinny. I think she's shallow.)

Me Myself

Back to my username
I'm not shallow. It's not the weight, it's the person.
I'm overweight, so, you know, who cares? (I refuse to listen to Michelle Obama and her plea for everyone to be skinny. I think she's shallow.)

Meh.

This shallowness cryings tend to fall in terribly false dichotomies.

We all have our checklists and they tend to include a few "shallow" points here and there. Many women have as a point that the man has a job or even thathe earns more or less the same or more than her.

It's a matter of personal preference.

A boyfriend and a girlfriend fulfill several needs, one of which is sex (when it comes to talking about a sexually exclusive relationships). In the matters of sex, all of us that are heterosexual or homosexual are at least somewhat shallow.

Would you feel sexually attracted to a smart beautiful, witty, funny woman which you love and have a deep spychological conection with? Maybe you would just be friends right? maybe this is because of her body being that of a woman, no?

That is "shallow" too, but I wouldnt say you are as a whole "shallow" as a person.

I find it so ironic the shallow judgements made upon who is shallow for what :D

BeckyRose1998

PICKLES THE KID
Meh.

This shallowness cryings tend to fall in terribly false dichotomies.

We all have our checklists and they tend to include a few "shallow" points here and there. Many women have as a point that the man has a job or even thathe earns more or less the same or more than her.

It's a matter of personal preference.

A boyfriend and a girlfriend fulfill several needs, one of which is sex (when it comes to talking about a sexually exclusive relationships). In the matters of sex, all of us that are heterosexual or homosexual are at least somewhat shallow.

Would you feel sexually attracted to a smart beautiful, witty, funny woman which you love and have a deep spychological conection with? Maybe you would just be friends right? maybe this is because of her body being that of a woman, no?

That is "shallow" too, but I wouldnt say you are as a whole "shallow" as a person.

I find it so ironic the shallow judgements made upon who is shallow for what :D

I wouldn't mind if she was a woman. I like people for who they are.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
A little overweight, say from 1-25 pounds more than their healthy weight? I have no problem with that. It's not a big amount and some people (especially women) look nice with a little extra curves (if it falls in the right places).

Really big? No... Sorry but physical attraction is important to me (not as much as personality and intelligence). I need to have a desire for that person to be able to be aroused. I don't find very fat or very skinny attractive. Besides it's healthier and I'd be concerned for that person all the time.

Kerr

Just wondering for some honest opinions, no judgement. Say you like someone's personality, have fun, but the person is overweight. We are talking you can tell there's weight but we aren't talking morbidly obese or even close. How much does it weigh on your opinion of a relationship? Some people are repulsed by the overweight straight off the bat, some think overweight is far to small and prefer obese partners, some don't even care. Advertising and entertainment certainly have us chasing anorexic women and muscular men, but some are less affected than the constant propaganda than others.

ADDITION:
For sake of example, take someone of around 5'4'' and 160 - 210 pounds.
Cannot say I am attracted by someone being overweight. That said, I would be a fool to not date someone I like just because she has too much weight :p.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Cannot say I am attracted by someone being overweight. That said, I would be a fool to not date someone I like just because she has too much weight :p.

Power to you, I honestly would prefer a woman whom has chances to outlive me if I die of natural causes.

I would probably grow very attached to wife, and I wouldn't like to die of sorrow like my grandma.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I'd say vote yes. I'd also so this doesn't look extremely accurate based on many people I know around 30bmi who, on this, would fit "slightly overweight".

It's not accurate at all. I'm built more like the 24-26 guy, but my BMI is about 34. But the BMI is for the average person who gets little to no exercise and carries little to no extra muscle.

Wirey

Fartist
If I may quote a great American philosopher:

So Cosmo says you're fat, well I ain't down wit dat!

Sir Mix-A-Lot

I like 'em chunky, personally. If I want to bang someone who looks like a 14 year old boy, I'll buy Michael Jackson's dating guide.