• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you date an overweight man or woman?

Would you date an overweight man / woman?

• Yes

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • No

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
I could, and very possibly would, date someone who was slightly overweight. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be interested in dating someone who was morbidly obese.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
If I may quote a great American philosopher:

So Cosmo says you're fat, well I ain't down wit dat!

Sir Mix-A-Lot

I like 'em chunky, personally. If I want to bang someone who looks like a 14 year old boy, I'll buy Michael Jackson's dating guide.

Define chunky.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I could, and very possibly would, date someone who was slightly overweight. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be interested in dating someone who was morbidly obese.

Picture for slightly overweight and picture of a little bit beyond my scope :D

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
My girlfriend is slightly overweight and I actually like it. I love the squidgyness in the right places.

Me Myself

Back to my username
My girlfriend is slightly overweight and I actually like it. I love the squidgyness in the right places.

I can actually get that :D

Rarely, but sometimes I think it may fit (for me, personally)

As long as they have the "good" curves ;)

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
If I may quote a great American philosopher:

So Cosmo says you're fat, well I ain't down wit dat!

Sir Mix-A-Lot

I like 'em chunky, personally. If I want to bang someone who looks like a 14 year old boy, I'll buy Michael Jackson's dating guide.

Hilarious. :D

Wirey brings up a good point. What is considered acceptable in weight for women is the equivalent of a female with hips of a 12 year old boy with extra large breasts to make her look even more lopsided and weird.

Me? I would date an overweight man or woman. It's the conversation, the smile, the sense of humor, the wit, and the confidence that drives me wild. Physical attraction for a male for me is the hands and shoulders. Physical attraction for a woman is that she has hips. I love hips on a woman. That physical attraction offers a range of weight that a man or woman can be in that doesn't necessarily have to be within a certain number or BMI.

BTW, I have dated and been intimate with larger men and women. Two of our sons have dated larger women, and in fact one of them is a plus-sized model. So, it really comes down to what people offer as priorities to what is important to them.

What's interesting to note is that my husband LOVES when I'm putting on a few pounds so that I'm more in the "normal" range and not underweight. I remember when he came back from being overseas, and I was around 100 pounds, but sinewy like a dancer tends to look, and when he met me at the airport, he looked at me in horror and said, "Honey, that is WAY too skinny." He then tried his best to make sure I ate extra helpings at every meal to put some weight on me. :eek:

Me Myself

Back to my username

Wirey brings up a good point. What is considered acceptable in weight for women is the equivalent of a female with hips of a 12 year old boy with extra large breasts to make her look even more lopsided and weird.

I dont remember the name of the feminist who said this in a youtube conference I saw, I remember I saw various stuff about her, I was very curious about it.

I havenoticed in a lot of US media you have very noncurvy women, I wondered if you really find that sexy?

I mean, how on Earth did Fat=== became an insult? from where I am from, "fat" may be an insult, but having a big butt for a woman is an outstandingly good trait.

I personally love a woman who actually looks like a woman. You NEED curves for that. Hips are SEXY. I mean, I dont like belly fat, but wide hips are SEXY.

Who on Earth doesnt like wide hips? :thud:

Titanic

Me? I would date an overweight man or woman. It's the conversation, the smile, the sense of humor, the wit, and the confidence that drives me wild. Physical attraction for a male for me is the hands and shoulders. Physical attraction for a woman is that she has hips. I love hips on a woman. That physical attraction offers a range of weight that a man or woman can be in that doesn't necessarily have to be within a certain number or BMI.

BTW, I have dated and been intimate with larger men and women. Two of our sons have dated larger women, and in fact one of them is a plus-sized model. So, it really comes down to what people offer as priorities to what is important to them.

What's interesting to note is that my husband LOVES when I'm putting on a few pounds so that I'm more in the "normal" range and not underweight. I remember when he came back from being overseas, and I was around 100 pounds, but sinewy like a dancer tends to look, and when he met me at the airport, he looked at me in horror and said, "Honey, that is WAY too skinny." He then tried his best to make sure I ate extra helpings at every meal to put some weight on me. :eek:

Well if you like hips then Shakria would be the woman for you. Like I said before fit women can have big breasts and wide sexy hips.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I dont remember the name of the feminist who said this in a youtube conference I saw, I remember I saw various stuff about her, I was very curious about it.

I havenoticed in a lot of US media you have very noncurvy women, I wondered if you really find that sexy?

I mean, how on Earth did Fat=== became an insult? from where I am from, "fat" may be an insult, but having a big butt for a woman is an outstandingly good trait.

I personally love a woman who actually looks like a woman. You NEED curves for that. Hips are SEXY. I mean, I dont like belly fat, but wide hips are SEXY.

Who on Earth doesnt like wide hips? :thud:

I dunno. But I find the beauty standard in the U.S. to be....well.....unrealistic and plain weird. I don't like it at all. I prefer women who actually look like women, not children with implants. I would feel like a sicko if I thought that was hot.

Well if you like hips then Shakria would be the woman for you. Like I said before fit women can have big breasts and wide sexy hips.

Oh, yes. Shakira....Her hips don't lie. :cool:

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
I dunno. But I find the beauty standard in the U.S. to be....well.....unrealistic and plain weird. I don't like it at all. I prefer women who actually look like women, not children with implants. I would feel like a sicko if I thought that was hot.

I dont understand the mainstream western view of beauty or hotness. Who decides what is hot and what is not?

Huey09

He who struggles with God
I dont understand the mainstream western view of beauty or hotness. Who decides what is hot and what is not?
I think it has to do with the unattainable standard. And because it is UNattainable the people who severely hurt or in some cases kill themselves to fit this standard are raised up as an example. For example in a country where food is scarce a woman who is very obese is considered a pillar of beauty. After all how could one look so full in a land of starving people? Lets apply the same concept to the US. In a land where fatty unhealthy foods are not only plentiful but cheap maintaining such a figure is almost impossible without a constant maintenance. Does it makes sense? Hell no and I'm still trying to cope with it myself and constantly remind myself that I can only be me and that rule goes with everyone.:yes:

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
I was even playing Mass Effect and realized everyone in there has the same body shape.

I notice that the chicks in mass effect 2 had similar body shapes, but they seemed to be on the curvier side. Characters in Dragon age and Dragon Age 2 seemed to vary in shape. None really overweight though.

Premium Member
I notice that the chicks in mass effect 2 had similar body shapes, but they seemed to be on the curvier side. Characters in Dragon age and Dragon Age 2 seemed to vary in shape. None really overweight though.

They do have the hips but definitely not overweight. Underweight if anything.

Premium Member
I think with the elves and that, the look works for what they are meant to be. With the humans, most of them are at a healthy weight I think.

Possibly, though the exact same weight. Video games are different though, you can only program so much.