• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

would you marry someone of a different faith as yours?

Maldini

Though I can agree the the premise of your response, the pretentious. way you delivered it leaves me to answer with this.

I'm not saying I'm intelligent at all. But I would call religious people dumber than me that's for sure.

Kalidas

I'm not saying I'm intelligent at all. But I would call religious people dumber than me that's for sure.

I would argue with you, but you are either A. A close minded bigot

or B. A Troll

Either way there is no hope of having an intelligent conversation with you.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
What would make your view (over the opposite view) -- more accurate, besides ego, confirmation bias, and a desire to be affiliated with the "better" group? Why would it be either?

Andal

resident hypnotist
This is an interesting question. Ideally I would marry a Hindu man (or at the very least has an affinity but hasn't committed) and we would create a Hindu home together.

Outside of that I could definitely marry someone with a mystical slant.

I couldn't marry anyone who would try to stop me from worshipping at home and mandir.

Regardless of whom I marry, I want a Hindu wedding. They have to be cool with that ;)

idea

Question Everything
Marriage is about becoming united with someone - one heart & all that... I'm not sure how you could be united and share everything with one another, if you were unable to share religion.

Nymphs

Marriage is about becoming united with someone - one heart & all that... I'm not sure how you could be united and share everything with one another, if you were unable to share religion.

Religion doesn't have to be the number one thing in your relationship, your love should. That's how it should work. If you put your religion above your spouse, you may want to rethink your priorities.

Last edited:

Moishe3rd

Yehudi
Religion doesn't have to be the number one thing in your relationship, your love should. That's how.

Interesting.
I would guess that you are not married?

"Love" is not the determinant factor in any relationship. Compatibility; communication; willingness to listen and willingness to expose oneself to a different point of view than one's own are all very determinant factors.

One can be a very fine individual and love another person whereby their happiness is the most important thing in the world but, that will not guarantee a fine relationship.

Maldini

Religion is an extension of one's morals, how can you share your whole life with someone whose morals don't match yours.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Who ever said you have to marry? :shrug:

I could see myself getting a squish on another girl or guy because I am very neutral when it comes to about everything. Unless a person is religiously aggressive I could easily get a squish on them

Last edited:

Nymphs

Interesting.
I would guess that you are not married?

Married happily for 10 years, TYVM.

"Love" is not the determinant factor in any relationship. Compatibility; communication; willingness to listen and willingness to expose oneself to a different point of view than one's own are all very determinant factors.

Love encapsulates all of that. Without love, you don't have anything.

GoodbyeDave

I've always accepted the definition of an atheist as "someone who can't accept that the universe could hold anything superior to themself". If a woman believed that, how could she accept me? :D