• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Writer claims Trump raped her

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That is not dishonest at all, what is dishonest is saying that posting a valid and accurate graph based on valid IPCC approved data is dishonest. You really are a case...

No, you used an improper method of using the data. I explained your error to you.

Can you admit that you screwed up and that there was no hiatus? If real scientists screwed up that way others would jump all over them. Or you could always try to learn. As it is you keep showing that you are merely a science denier. I don't think that you really want to be that.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Haha,,,,there is no improper method of using that tool to investigate global temperature, that what it is for, the graph is 100% real, it is just a fact.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Haha,,,,there is no improper method of using that tool to investigate global temperature, that what it is for, the graph is 100% real, it is just a fact.
Tools can always be misused. And yes, there are improper methods. You have heard of the criticism of cherry picking so you should know that I am not the only one that pointed this out. First it is always improper to pick extremes just because they match your agenda. I could do that just as well and make it look like the "alarmists" are grossly understating warming. One needs to find the long term trend and pick, a small blip in the record is not evidence of anything.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Tools can always be misused. And yes, there are improper methods. You have heard of the criticism of cherry picking so you should know that I am not the only one that pointed this out. First it is always improper to pick extremes just because they match your agenda. I could do that just as well and make it look like the "alarmists" are grossly understating warming. One needs to find the long term trend and pick, a small blip in the record is not evidence of anything.
Yada yada...

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Just in case why the investigations into the charges of spying on the Trump campaign are a joke one can read more here:

Opinion | The Truth About ‘Spying’ on the Trump Campaign

If you want the TLDR version it is that Trump's reported activity with Russians, especially in regard to how he reacted to the breakins on the Democratic emails justified a FBI investigation. It is highly hypocritical to perform actions which would generate an investigation and then to complain about the investigation, even if one did nothing wrong.

The only correct and legal action to take if offered information by a foreign power on one's opponent is to call the FBI and turn over the evidence. I am not a fan of Al Gore, but unlike Trump he did the right thing:

When Al Gore's Campaign Received Illegal Election Material, He Turned It in to the FBI

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
@ben d , I was a life long Republican until Trump came along. I was culturally liberal, but fiscally conservative and I used to think that the Republicans were at least fiscally conservative but they lost the ability to claim that some time ago. I also used to oppose the concept of AGW, which is why I understand so many of the flaws in the arguments against it.

That is why I ask you why support Trump?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It seems you are trying to get this thread locked, give it a break and get some sleep, sweet dreams...

Not really. I just want honest replies to real questions. But have a good night. Ask me questions tomorrow. If they are not silly "gotcha" questions I will try to answer them for you.

Milton Platt

This was written in New York Magazine, Writer for Elle says she was raped. Here's the video. Do yall think there's truth in it , if so what should happen to the President?

Trump claims he's never met rape accuser despite apparent picture of them together

Steven Colbert's take:
“Let me put it this way,” he said. “If one person in your life accused you of pooping in their kitchen sink, I could be persuaded to believe that that is a lie. But if over the course of the 73 years of your life, 22 separate people came forward with detailed accounts of times you had pooped in their kitchen sinks, I’m going to start to think you’re a sink pooper. There’s no difference here.”

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Metis, we have been through this before, you know my opinion of National Geographic, it is a disreputable left wing rag when it comes to science, sadly it was not always so, I used to subscribe to it once.
So, is that why actual scientists contribute to it and have done so for many decades? NG is not a political magazine-- it's a scientific one for mass consumption that's respected the world over.

We have also been over the 97% claim, bogus then and bogus now, no one believe it except the agw true believers.
Again, just because you are so unwilling to actually use actual science sources, instead preferring to use opinion pieces representing right-wing authors, you shoot yourself in the foot because you simply do not understand how actual scientists do their job. I'm a scientist, now retired, and what you are believing and posting is not science-- not even close.

Btw Metis, I notice that these days you are calling yourself...Catholic-- liberal & ecumenical, di you convert from Judaism?
Yes, as of last September, thus finalizing a process that took over two years.

Wandering Monk

Remember the women that claimed Clinton raped or assaulted them? Or what about Anita
Hill's claims about Clarence Thomas?

Plenty of hypocrisy in both parties on this issue.

ecco

Veteran Member
Ah, Dr. Judith Curry. The darling of the AGW deniers. She is like the "scientists" tobacco companies dragged out to explain that nicotine was not addictive.

So, you have not shown that she is not an excellent climate scientist..

I see you intentionally missed the gist of my comment.

But, since you are the one who trotted her out, it is your burden to show that she is "an excellent climate scientist", which you have not done.

In any case, she is like the "scientists" tobacco companies dragged out to explain that nicotine was not addictive.

ecco

Veteran Member
ecco
That leads me to wonder if anyone has done a study to determine how many Evolution deniers are also AGW deniers. I'm guessing that there would be a significant correlation.​

Yes, it has long been suggested by some observers that the agw belief system is akin to a cult, who is to say?

Where do we see rational people being referred to as cultists? What cults do rational people belong to?

On the other hand science deniers, 911 conspirators, Evolution deniers, AGW deniers, certainly can be relegated to cult status.

Does my comment about a correlation of AGW deniers and Evolution deniers apply to you?

Wandering Monk

Steven Colbert's take:
“Let me put it this way,” he said. “If one person in your life accused you of pooping in their kitchen sink, I could be persuaded to believe that that is a lie. But if over the course of the 73 years of your life, 22 separate people came forward with detailed accounts of times you had pooped in their kitchen sinks, I’m going to start to think you’re a sink pooper. There’s no difference here.”

When an idea is popularized, it becomes the new meme, picked up and floated by others to discredit a person.
Yeah so? Guess what? I enjoy shopping at Bloomingdale's. That doesn't mean I'd like to be raped there.

I'm so sick of this nonsense.

20+ Women have accused Trump of some type of sexual harassment or another. I mean, at what point do we start believing them when they all say the same thing that Trump himself previously said he does, on tape? But nope, we're still all just sitting here beating up on the person who says she was raped. Some things never change I guess. How revolting.

Clinton was accused many times of the same things. Were those claims defacto true then also? Cue the tap-dance.