• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Xi Humiliates U.S. and Kerry While Kerry Grovels over "Climate Change"

F1fan

Veteran Member
The burden of proof is on those that want to force changes, not on the preservers of the status quo.
The status quo is what experts study and report so that government officials can make informed decisions about how we manage the future. The burden of proof is now on climate science deniers, who are in the same bad category as Creationists and anti-vaxxers. Jeez even Texas produces about 30% of it's energy from green sourses, which has saved it's citizens from ower outages last winter and this summer as extreme weather has increased. Even Texas knows it needs green energy because fossil fuels are less reliable.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Theoretical data and predictive modeling is an extremely poor way to go about convincing people.

People need to see the actual fire.
Dumb people wait until they experience the crisis before they acknowledge the data has been pointing to the crisis for decades.
It's why there is so much difficulty getting people on board.
Stupidity, and thus far republicans who want to play divisive politics. We all know how Al Gore was vilified for his warnings decades ago, and that just became what republicans do, vilify anything democrats advocate for.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It's right in front of their faces:

NASA Finds June 2023 Hottest on Record – Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
International scientific community consensus > political propaganda paid for by the fossil fuel industry.
Propaganda can be, and is, a two way street.

Too bad science has its funding and grants provided by groups that can be regarded as biased, either as extreme environmentalists or stout captains of industry.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Too bad science has its funding and grants provided by groups that can be regarded as biased, either as extreme environmentalists or stout captains of industry.

So all of the world's scientists - including NASA - all collaborated together on a vast, convoluted conspiracy theory, jeopardizing their carriers and reputations, just for ****s in giggles?

Evolution deniers, vaccine deniers, climate change deniers, spherical earth deniers, etc. are all cut from the same cloth of willful ignorance and intellectual dishonesty. They're more often than not scriptural literalists, where maintaining their beliefs requires them to forgo critical thinking. But as an atheist what's your excuse?

Twilight Hue

So all of the world's scientists - including NASA - all collaborated together on a vast, convoluted conspiracy theory, jeopardizing their carriers and reputations, just for ****s in giggles?

Evolution deniers, vaccine deniers, climate change deniers, spherical earth deniers, etc. are all cut from the same cloth of willful ignorance and intellectual dishonesty. They're more often than not scriptural literalists, where maintaining their beliefs requires them to forgo critical thinking. But as an atheist what's your excuse?
It's sad when fully credentialed individuals have opposing opinions and statements.

Can't tell who's BS ing or telling the truth making one wonder who the benefactors are.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It's sad when fully credentialed individuals have opposing opinions and statements.

Can't tell who's BS ing or telling the truth making one wonder who the benefactors are.

scientific_method.jpeg

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Theoretical data and predictive modeling is an extremely poor way to go about convincing people.

It's why there is so much difficulty getting people on board.
The data is not "theoretical" it is actual and the predictive modeling has been shown to be very accurate to date. It looks as if you do not know what you are talking about.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Now you are going down the conspiracy theory rathole. Sorry ,but they tend to get their money from unbiased groups. They get them from governments that have the best interest of their populations in mind.

Twilight Hue

Now you are going down the conspiracy theory rathole. Sorry ,but they tend to get their money from unbiased groups. They get them from governments that have the best interest of their populations in mind.
Really? Nice to know that government has the best interests of its people in mind.

Twilight Hue

The data is not "theoretical" it is actual and the predictive modeling has been shown to be very accurate to date. It looks as if you do not know what you are talking about.
No doubt I'm just way out of center field far into the parking lot looking for the ball.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No doubt I'm just way out of center field far into the parking lot looking for the ball.
The ball was a homerun. It is no wonder that you cannot find it. Perhaps you noticed that this year we had several days that were the "hottest day even" for that day. One of the predictions of the theory is an every increasing number of record highs. Both local and global. We keep observing that.

And you seem to understand the very basic science. Why do you deny AGW? What aspect of it do you think has not been properly supported? Please be specific.

Twilight Hue

The ball was a homerun. It is no wonder that you cannot find it. Perhaps you noticed that this year we had several days that were the "hottest day even" for that day. One of the predictions of the theory is an every increasing number of record highs. Both local and global. We keep observing that.

And you seem to understand the very basic science. Why do you deny AGW? What aspect of it do you think has not been properly supported? Please be specific.
Home run? Don't make me laugh.

But it did indeed hit 50 plus years of failed climate change predictions as doomsday addiction takes center plate for yet another pitch to throw for yet another cross the fingers inning.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Home run? Don't make me laugh.

But it did indeed hit 50 plus years of failed climate change predictions as doomsday addiction takes center plate for yet another pitch to throw for yet another cross the fingers inning.

You cannot be serious. If you cannot see the differences between your week science denying sources and how real predictions are made by scientists then there may not be any hope for you.

I am also invoking the Gish Gallop rule. When you present a ton of nonsense as evidence in one massive shot refuting one refutes them all. Are you willing to do that? If not pick out your best example and we can compare them.

Otherwise I will pick out one example and refute the whole stack.

Twilight Hue

You cannot be serious. If you cannot see the differences between your week science denying sources and how real predictions are made by scientists then there may not be any hope for you.

I am also invoking the Gish Gallop rule. When you present a ton of nonsense as evidence in one massive shot refuting one refutes them all. Are you willing to do that? If not pick out your best example and we can compare them.

Otherwise I will pick out one example and refute the whole stack.
Do try.

I expect nothing less.

Twilight Hue

Really? I am double checking here. Do you agree that you were less than honest and one refutation refutes them all. Just checking before I do so. I always give people a chance to rethink about what they did wrong.
Your delay tactics are noted.

Please proceed.