• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Xi Humiliates U.S. and Kerry While Kerry Grovels over "Climate Change"

F1fan

Veteran Member
It's sad when fully credentialed individuals have opposing opinions and statements.

Can't tell who's BS ing or telling the truth making one wonder who the benefactors are.
Then if you aren't informed well enough you should avoid making judgments, and defer to experts. As we see republicans have been exploiting the ignorance of their constituents to create disinformation campaigns against experts. Look at climate science experts being vilified. Look at reproductive care being misrepresented which whipped up the anti-abortion movement. Look at Fauci being vilified and threatened for his work as the national public health expert. Look at how right wing politicans are vilifying historians over topics of racism and slavery, specifially vilifying CRT, and Florida and Texas massaging out the immoral facts of slavery in their public school texts to say "it was a benefit to slaves".

Be careful accusing others of BS when it is clear who is leading the pack.

F1fan

Veteran Member
This is bloody ridiculous. The signs of climate change are all around us now, as predicted, and are becoming more and more stark with every passing year. Over 40C in S Europe now, for the last fortnight.
What is notable about Europe is how air conditioning is not a widespead parts of homes like in the USA. As there is more and more heat building up it could have dire impacts on society.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The burden of proof is on those that want to force changes, not on the preservers of the status quo.
You have no status quo regarding weather any more. If you want to preserve the present before it becomes worse, stop dumping greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. If you want to return to the past and reestablish the world we grew up with as the status quo, then scrub greenhouse gases from the atmosphere.

Your "proof" is already here, but you need something more obvious. Hang in there. It's coming.
Evolution deniers, vaccine deniers, climate change deniers, spherical earth deniers, etc. are all cut from the same cloth of willful ignorance and intellectual dishonesty. They're more often than not scriptural literalists, where maintaining their beliefs requires them to forgo critical thinking. But as an atheist what's your excuse?
He's an American conservative. As you note, conservative disinformation media and creationist disinformation media attract the same crowd. They have the same values and use the same methods regarding imparting information. He's given up one, but not the other.
It's sad when fully credentialed individuals have opposing opinions and statements. Can't tell who's BS ing or telling the truth making one wonder who the benefactors are.
I can.
Nice to know that government has the best interests of its people in mind.
You trust the wrong people. You and people like you keep voting for and electing Republicans. They consider you capital, like a farm animal, slave, or business machine. They just want your labor, taxes, and votes. And you allow them to convince you that those opposing them are your enemies.

Last edited:

exchemist

Veteran Member
What is notable about Europe is how air conditioning is not a widespead parts of homes like in the USA. As there is more and more heat building up it could have dire impacts on society.
Indeed. And why? Because in the past it was not needed. But now, without it, people are starting to die of heat exhaustion. This is just one example of the reality of climate change today. Last summer we had 40C+ in England for a week. That is unheard of. The Alpine glaciers (and those in the Rockies) are retreating at speed. The ski resort I used to take my son to (Morzine) is now almost unusable, due to lack of snow. And so on and so forth.

The evidence is now obvious to ordinary people, all over the world. Yet we have morons who still try to pretend it's all a scam.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
You trust the wrong people. You and people like you keep voting for and electing Republicans. They consider you capital, like a farm animal, slave, or business machine. They just want your labor, taxes, and votes. And you allow you them to convince you that those opposing them are your enemies.
Exactly like tax and spend Democrats with their municipal union cronies and special interest buddies.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

This is bloody ridiculous. The signs of climate change are all around us now, as predicted, and are becoming more and more stark with every passing year. Over 40C in S Europe now, for the last fortnight.

Do you really think governments, motor manufacturers and fossil fuel companies have all fallen for some sort of leftie conspiracy, on the basis of no real evidence?
They don't look too concerned about it.

Twilight Hue

This has exactly the same credibility as the Creation Institute's lectures on the failure of evolutionary biology.
Right. I see tons of people now scrambling to buy electric cars and electric stoves, and buying solar panels en masse to avert the impending doom.

Twilight Hue

This doesn't change the state of the climate. Or excuse posting misinformation.
BS. The misinformation is nobody is reacting like you are insinuating they are.

Maybe try telling the truth for once than being a complete alarmist.

Twilight Hue

You sound like a parody of yourself.
Nothing but ad hominems huh?

Pretty pathetic rebuttal, but its clearly all you know how to do anyways but to make ad hominems as with your ra ra supporters in chorus.

Twilight Hue

It's not an ad hom, it's just an observation about your post. It would be an ad hom if I said it invalidated your argument, but wait, you didn't make an argument.
Like usual. Nothing of substance is posted.

Twilight Hue

@Twilight Hue Why do you allow blind partisanship loyalty to prevent you from weighing evidence objectively like a mature, rational adult?
I dont. I use real actual world evidence via a different way, my canary in the mines, also called the leadership.

It's what the leadership itself does in real life that tells the real truth. Leading by example. Walking the talk in a time of extremes.

How many in government today are actually now using evs, and utilizing electric appliances, and are reliant on solar and wind in their personal lives? So dire now is the situation as people say, so naturally they must be reacting accordingly and quickly in leu of all the reports and scientific findings.

Let's see. Last I heard it was 4 elected officials. Wow! That's a huge number.

You can certainly see for oneself , the absolute urgency and self preservation of the matter, as it is actually demonstrated throughout via the behavior and actions of the l leadership in these *cough* extreme and desperate times.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I dont. I use real actual world evidence via a different way, my canary in the mines, also called the leadership.

It's what the leadership itself does in real life that tells the real truth. Leading by example. Walking the talk in a time of extremes.

How many in government today are actually now using evs, and utilizing electric appliances, and are reliant on solar and wind in their personal lives? So dire now is the situation as people say, so naturally they must be reacting accordingly and quickly in leu of all the reports and scientific findings.

Let's see. Last I heard it was 4 elected officials. Wow! That's a huge number.

You can certainly see for oneself , the absolute urgency and self preservation of the matter, as it is actually demonstrated throughout via the behavior and actions of the l leadership in these *cough* extreme and desperate times.
So when it comes to impact, you're comparing a single individual to an entire industry?

Twilight Hue

So when it comes to impact, you're comparing a single individual to an entire industry?
I don't see politicians suddenly driving EVs and using electric only appliances and equipment. It's certinaly not a single individual as you imaginatively put it. Lol.

If its not that urgent and dire for them, it's simply not urgent and dire for me.

You can continue making your activist doomsday statements, make your activist doomsday signs and make failed doomsday predictions till the cows come home.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I don't see politicians suddenly driving EVs and using electric only appliances and equipment. It's certinaly not a single individual as you imaginatively put it. Lol.

If its not that urgent and dire for them, it's simply not urgent and dire for me.

You can continue making your activist doomsday statements, make your activist doomsday signs and make failed doomsday predictions till the cows come home.
Politicians aren't individuals?

What they aren't however are scientists.