• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Xi Humiliates U.S. and Kerry While Kerry Grovels over "Climate Change"

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
No, you have not agreed to what you need to agree to. You are in effect running away.
OK. Whatever you say.

Don't proceed then.

I doubt you have that absolutely devastating counter argument anyways, considering you simply won't post it in spite of your claim to the contrary.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
OK. Whatever you say.

Don't proceed then.

I doubt you have that absolutely devastating counter argument anyways, considering you simply won't post it in spite of your claim to the contrary.
No, you are missing the point. You used an improper debating technique. If you do not own up to that there is no point in going on. You have failed at being an honest interlocutor. To be that one has to follow reasonable rules of debate. Now technically one could say the same of my refutation, but one improper debating technique justifies one in return.

And now that this has been painfully explained to you your post is in effect refuted. Pointing out how you did not follow the rules of proper debate removes that as any sort of "evidence". Though I am free to point to it as one of your endless fails.

Twilight Hue

No, you are missing the point. You used an improper debating technique. If you do not own up to that there is no point in going on. You have failed at being an honest interlocutor. To be that one has to follow reasonable rules of debate. Now technically one could say the same of my refutation, but one improper debating technique justifies one in return.

And now that this has been painfully explained to you your post is in effect refuted. Pointing out how you did not follow the rules of proper debate removes that as any sort of "evidence". Though I am free to point to it as one of your endless fails.
Good job then. Well done at having absolutely no counterpart nor argument whatsoever here.

I thought as much.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Good job then. Well done at having absolutely no counterpart nor argument whatsoever here.

I thought as much.
No. You screwed up. You were given quite a few chances to correct your post. I offered a compromise and you could not agree to that either. You failed at being an honest interlocutor. One needs to follow the rules of polite debate if they expect anyone to respond to them with posts of substance.

You can do better. I hope. Or do you just know that you are wrong? If so why continue in such a fashion? Your arguments have been mirroring the tactics of creationists and other science deniers.

Twilight Hue

No. You screwed up. You were given quite a few chances to correct your post. I offered a compromise and you could not agree to that either. You failed at being an honest interlocutor. One needs to follow the rules of polite debate if they expect anyone to respond to them with posts of substance.

You can do better. I hope. Or do you just know that you are wrong? If so why continue in such a fashion? Your arguments have been mirroring the tactics of creationists and other science deniers.
Just a bunch of excuses after excuses.

Can't even begin to make a good counterpoint.

Twilight Hue

Don't be silly. The fossil fuel companies acknowledge climate change is real.
However the sense of self preservation hasn't kicked in over it, which makes the question as to just how dire the situation actually and really is.

exchemist

Veteran Member
However the sense of self preservation hasn't kicked in over it, which makes the question as to just how dire the situation actually and really is.
Now that even the oil companies acknowledge it, your insinuation that climate change is being talked up by (un-named) "benefactors" doesn't sand up. Also, if even they acknowledge it, it must be pretty serious and urgent, not just some theoretical risk. In fact it is all around us now, with record temperatures, fires, and floods all over the world.

The actions being taken by governments, including yours, show that self-preservation is kicking in now, in spite of complacent, blinkered people like you.

Twilight Hue

Now that even the oil companies acknowledge it, your insinuation that climate change is being talked up by (un-named) "benefactors" doesn't sand up. Also, if even they acknowledge it, it must be pretty serious and urgent, not just some theoretical risk. In fact it is all around us now, with record temperatures, fires, and floods all over the world.

The actions being taken by governments, including yours, show that self-preservation is kicking in now, in spite of complacent, blinkered people like you.
It that was actually the case of self preservation , I have yet to see these supposed saviors of the world actually lead by example themselves.

In other words, practice what one preaches.

And one wonders why most no one listens to these people.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Our beloved eco warriors of the environment pressing the urgency of climate change and promoting a greener tomorrow.
You can waste your time sticking pins into effigies of the hate objects of your imagination if you like, but it won't change the science or the impetus for change.

It is action by governments and business that will deal with this issue. And governments and business are taking action, on a huge scale. This is not going to stop.

Twilight Hue

You can waste your time sticking pins into effigies of the hate objects of your imagination if you like, but it won't change the science or the impetus for change.

It is action by governments and business that will deal with this issue. And governments and business are taking action, on a huge scale. This is not going to stop.
Good. I want them to start driving electric cars, flying electric planes, sail in electric ships, cook on electric stoves, and live in electric homes to show exactly how serious they personally are on the urgency of the situation.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Good. I want them to start driving electric cars, flying electric planes, sail in electric ships, cook on electric stoves, and live in electric homes to show exactly how serious they personally are on the urgency of the situation.
Your ignorance of the subject is showing, once again. I really suggest you do some homework, or at least think, before you say these silly things.

- Electric cars are already here and becoming popular, in spite of your hatred for them.
- Renewable electricity generation is already here, and growing fast.
- Ships are coming into service fuelled by gas, which has only 60% of the carbon emissions of RFO ( there was a big one next to my ferry to France this summer), and there is a lot of work from ship engine builders on ammonia as a future fuel
- Electric cookers have been a thing for almost a century and ceramic hobs in particular are popular, being responsive to the cook and much easier to clean than a gas hob.
- You may not have noticed it but your home is already electric, as is everyone's, apart perhaps from heating and cooking.

The only thing on your list that has yet to be tackled seriously - and for obvious reasons, if one knows anything about science or engineering - is flying. Before you start crowing triumphantly about that, flying is responsible for ~2% of carbon emissions.

Last edited:

Yerda

Veteran Member
Home run? Don't make me laugh.

But it did indeed hit 50 plus years of failed climate change predictions as doomsday addiction takes center plate for yet another pitch to throw for yet another cross the fingers inning.

This has exactly the same credibility as the Creation Institute's lectures on the failure of evolutionary biology.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Home run? Don't make me laugh.

But it did indeed hit 50 plus years of failed climate change predictions as doomsday addiction takes center plate for yet another pitch to throw for yet another cross the fingers inning.

This is bloody ridiculous. The signs of climate change are all around us now, as predicted, and are becoming more and more stark with every passing year. Over 40C in S Europe now, for the last fortnight.

Do you really think governments, motor manufacturers and fossil fuel companies have all fallen for some sort of leftie conspiracy, on the basis of no real evidence?