• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Xi Humiliates U.S. and Kerry While Kerry Grovels over "Climate Change"

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Politicians aren't individuals?

What they aren't however are scientists.
So much for their trust in science.

I wonder how many climate scientists actually drive EVs, and have gone completely electric themselves , givin the dire and apoplectic times we are in, I'm sure they all do, right? They are not bull****ting people right?

After all , they do have frrontline knowledge and information and are immediately themselves reacting to the seriousness of their own findings right?

Twilight Hue

Not excuses. If a person cannot be honest enough to own up to an error like a Gish Gallop they will not be honest enough to acknowledge a refutation. It is an exercise in futility.
Another excuse.

Everyone sees and knows you already have absolutely nothing to respond with.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
This is bloody ridiculous. The signs of climate change are all around us now, as predicted, and are becoming more and more stark with every passing year. Over 40C in S Europe now, for the last fortnight.

Do you really think governments, motor manufacturers and fossil fuel companies have all fallen for some sort of leftie conspiracy, on the basis of no real evidence?
Speaking oi electric cookers, your hot spell is merely due to some surplus electric hobs that the government plugged in and set on High.

I have sources:oops::oops:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Another excuse.

Everyone sees and knows you already have absolutely nothing to respond with.
No, you screwed up. I offered you a generous solution. You did not take me up on it. You keep confirming my claim. If I ran away after the deal you could make that claim, but you are the one that is running away from the offer after, once again, you screwed up.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Indeed. And why? Because in the past it was not needed. But now, without it, people are starting to die of heat exhaustion. This is just one example of the reality of climate change today. Last summer we had 40C+ in England for a week. That is unheard of. The Alpine glaciers (and those in the Rockies) are retreating at speed. The ski resort I used to take my son to (Morzine) is now almost unusable, due to lack of snow. And so on and so forth.

The evidence is now obvious to ordinary people, all over the world. Yet we have morons who still try to pretend it's all a scam.
Hey!! I told you not to use the time machine that I gave you against me!

Twilight Hue

No, you screwed up. I offered you a generous solution. You did not take me up on it. You keep confirming my claim. If I ran away after the deal you could make that claim, but you are the one that is running away from the offer after, once again, you screwed up.
Yea. Keep repeating that.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yea. Keep repeating that.
That is because you keep running away. You could ignore the posts. I would not keep harping on you. But once again. You screwed up. You used a Gish Gallop. That is very dishonest. You did not even bother to support one of the claims. One dishonest tactic merits another. One refutation refutes the entire list. Or you could just go sulk in a corner. I will not keep bringing it up if you don't.

Twilight Hue

That is because you keep running away. You could ignore the posts. I would not keep harping on you. But once again. You screwed up. You used a Gish Gallop. That is very dishonest. You did not even bother to support one of the claims. One dishonest tactic merits another. One refutation refutes the entire list. Or you could just go sulk in a corner. I will not keep bringing it up if you don't.
Not my fault if you can't back up what you claim.

I'm not running. I'm challenging you to present that devastating response that you can't even produce.

What a joke.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Not my fault if you can't back up what you claim.

I'm not running. I'm challenging you to present that devastating response that you can't even produce.

What a joke.
I can , but since you keep running away I have no need to. I made you an offer. You even pretended to accept it, but i know that some people cannot be trusted for what they seem to say. To prevent future denial you had to clearly agree to the terms. You never did.

And there is no denying that you used a Gish Gallop so that is a loss no matter what. As long as you are running away you lost that argument.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
So much for their trust in science.

I wonder how many climate scientists actually drive EVs, and have gone completely electric themselves , givin the dire and apoplectic times we are in, I'm sure they all do, right? They are not bull****ting people right?

After all , they do have frrontline knowledge and information and are immediately themselves reacting to the seriousness of their own findings right?
So you really do believe that the overwhelming majority of the world's scientists are all somehow collaborating together on a hoax, with everything to lose and nothing to gain by doing so, just for ****s and giggles....and this actually makes sense to you?

Twilight Hue

So you really do believe that the overwhelming majority of the world's scientists are all somehow collaborating together on a hoax, with everything to lose and nothing to gain by doing so, just for ****s and giggles....and this actually makes sense to you?
They don't use electric power themselves, then they are clearly hypocrites and not to be used as an example as to how dire it is.

Twilight Hue

I can , but since you keep running away I have no need to. I made you an offer. You even pretended to accept it, but i know that some people cannot be trusted for what they seem to say. To prevent future denial you had to clearly agree to the terms. You never did.

And there is no denying that you used a Gish Gallop so that is a loss no matter what. As long as you are running away you lost that argument.
Yea , well then you can ride your no trick gish gallop pony into the sunset.

Bye bye.

Twilight Hue

I didn't say anything about people's reactions. Even if every person on Earth was dancing round burning fountains of petroleum it wouldn't change the state of the climate or the science.

:rolleyes:
That's true, the climate has changed. The question is, how dire or bad is it?

If a scientist or politician spouts off the urgency for drastic measures and the need to reduce carbon emissions or whatever, and then goes off and drives off in his or her fossil fuel vehicle, it pretty much shows how serious that person him or herself is taking it.

If they don't take it seriously, and don't seem all that concerned on a personal level by way of their habits in spite of what they are saying to others, then there is absolutely no valid reason why anyone else should either.

Lead by example, or don't lead at all.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Theoretical data and predictive modeling is an extremely poor way to go about convincing people.

People need to see the actual fire.

It's why there is so much difficulty getting people on board.

I don't disagree with the idea that "theoretical data and predictive modeling is an extremely poor way to go about convincing people," however, a lot of the climate change data and modeling is beyond theoretical and the predictions are becoming increasingly real.

Twilight Hue

I don't disagree with the idea that "theoretical data and predictive modeling is an extremely poor way to go about convincing people," however, a lot of the climate change data and modeling is beyond theoretical and the predictions are becoming increasingly real.
Then it's a matter of seeing what those people are actually doing on a personal level to reflect what they are saying.

Yerda

Veteran Member
That's true, the climate has changed. The question is, how dire or bad is it?
This isn't the question. We already know the risks. The question is, what do we do to mitigate the risk?

If a scientist or politician spouts off the urgency for drastic measures and the need to reduce carbon emissions or whatever, and then goes off and drives off in his or her fossil fuel vehicle, it pretty much shows how serious that person him or herself is taking it.

If they don't take it seriously, and don't seem all that concerned on a personal level by way of their habits in spite of what they are saying to others, then there is absolutely no valid reason why anyone else should either.

Lead by example, or don't lead at all.
This is really poor reasoning.

We don't need everyone to stop driving - though moving to low carbon public transport systems would be helpful. People still have to get to work, and the equations involved in personal choices like which car to drive are mostly negligible.

What you should be paying attention to, as a rational adult with some degree of concern about human beings, is the mountains of evidence telling us that the risks are increasing sharply as we approach 2C of heating above the pre-industrial level. And taking steps to ensure that your political leaders factor these risks into decision making. But you're still trapped in denial by ideology.

Twilight Hue

This isn't the question. We already know the risks. The question is, what do we do to mitigate the risk?

This is really poor reasoning.

We don't need everyone to stop driving - though moving to low carbon public transport systems would be helpful. People still have to get to work, and the equations involved in personal choices like which car to drive are mostly negligible.

What you should be paying attention to, as a rational adult with some degree of concern about human beings, is the mountains of evidence telling us that the risks are increasing sharply as we approach 2C of heating above the pre-industrial level. And taking steps to ensure that your political leaders factor these risks into decision making. But you're still trapped in denial by ideology.
No. I'm waiting for people to actually practice what they preach.