• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Xi Humiliates U.S. and Kerry While Kerry Grovels over "Climate Change"

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
You seem to have forgotten that a pandemic was underway. Just to remind you, the shutdown of businesses began long before Biden was even elected:

Sorry, but that is just confirmation bias. We know how the economy is running by several measurable key economic factors. Mayb3 you are confused what it means when inflation is down. Inflation always exists, Deflation only occurs under very bad economies. The rate of rise is measurably down too.
All I see are the boarded up and vacant businesses and lost jobs in my neck of the woods. Nary a Republican in sight that actually this to people. While other states lifted restrictions the Democrats here refused to budge, and quite intentionally killed even more businesses and jobs.

So forgive me if I don't think highly of Democrats and the left in general with some exceptions.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
All I see are the boarded up and vacant businesses and lost jobs in my neck of the woods. Nary a Republican in sight that actually this to people. While other states lifted restrictions the Democrats here refused to budge, and quite intentionally killed even more businesses and jobs.

So forgive me if I don't think highly of Democrats and the left in general with some exceptions.
Then blame Trump. It started under him. Yes, many Republican led states did not care above the lives of their citizens and lifted such bans early. Republican denial of science also resulted in more of them dying. Or was that a Democratic conspiracy too?

You don't want facts and statistics. You just want to listen to lies from the right.

jbg

Then blame Trump. It started under him. Yes, many Republican led states did not care above the lives of their citizens and lifted such bans early. Republican denial of science also resulted in more of them dying. Or was that a Democratic conspiracy too?

You don't want facts and statistics. You just want to listen to lies from the right.
Somehow the Red States still have plenty of living people. What you call "science denial," in some cases, is refusing to join a mutual admiration society or engage in confirmation bias.

F1fan

Veteran Member
This is known as a "reality check."
And you didn’t pass.

Did Hilary have a magic wand? I voted for her but just as I don't think people can change the weather, I don't think people can magically stop a virus either.
No, she had the intelligence and experience to do the work. Remember the Obama administration had a pandemic response team that Clinton would have maintained, but Trump disbanded it. That meant his administration was already unprepared to deal with the pandemic, snd on top of denying it would affect Americans. Total chaos from Trump. I can’t believe conservatives haven’t acknowledged he is inept and corrupt.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Dumb people believe blended models, not actual data. This is a screenshot from the NY Times weather page from July 27, 1969

View attachment 79918

The second column from the left has an entry called "temperature data" and the "normal temperature" is 78°. This is compiled from the average in the 1930's, 1940's and 1950's. The like figure, using temperatures for 1991-2020 for that date has a low of 70° and a high of 85°. Rounding upwards from the mean of 77.5° one winds up with a figure of 78°, exactly the same as 54 years ago. That date was rather cool. Just ten days earlier, in the midst of a heat wave, the high was 96° and the low 76°.

The reason I am a skeptic is that basically a New York City summer is a New York City summer.
Complete unadulterated nonsense. Maybe check out the actual science on this from NOAA, NASA, NAS, etc.

jbg

Complete unadulterated nonsense. Maybe check out the actual science on this from NOAA, NASA, NAS, etc.
Science is a mantra. If the science doesn't check out against actual temperatures it's not valid.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I find both sides to be incredibly incapable, self serving, and indifferent to the needs of the people they represent. That's why I'm privy to other parties, and have hopes to join one that can restore the best the country can give to its people.

wellwisher

China’s Xi Rebuffs Kerry’s Call for Faster Climate Action (link). China has no interest in provoking their populace to revolt by lowering their living standards, despite "record heat." See As China Bakes in Record Heat, Kerry Presses Beijing on Climate Change (link, excerpt below):

I am ashamed that our country's leaders grovel to China to seek that they do things they obviously won't. China promises to reach its peak emissions by 2030. If they decide not to stop growing what are we going to do, send in the troops?

Meanwhile, the U.S. and much of the rest of the West, or at least their leaders and elites, are jumping up and down like eager chimps to lower their population's standards of living.
We are living in the time of the year called the summer, when it gets hot. But for some reason, summer is now being spun by the media as being due to climate change, as though nobody ever lived through a summer heat wave before. The marketing of even weather as climate change is getting over bearing and annoying. China knows the game and is not buying the swamp land.

The 25 million acres and counting, of burnt forest this summer in Canada, gave off as much CO2 as the world fossil fuels for a year. Plus there is now this huge loss of carbon fixation due to all those burnt trees. Does man made get blamed or does natural get credit? Depends on who is data stacking.

China, historically, has never been an imperialist country. They tend to stay to themselves over the centuries. Their leaders have a responsibility to that tradition. The USA on the other hand, is the least Imperialism superpower in history, but it is currently run by the Swamp, which is very deceptive and has installed an injustice system to cheat and avoid the justice due.

This version of America makes the world and China nervous, since you cannot trust con artists, hypocrites and bullies. How many scams have they been caught doing? They double down on lying. You don't think this same cast of characters can shake down science, like they did to social media and COVID science; censor opposing views? There is a currently a Court order for them to stop colluding, which may have made China take a pause.

China may be reading the writing on the walls in terms of the US upcoming elections. China may not be willing to get abort the USS Kerry, since a big iceberg is coming.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
We are living in the time of the year called the summer, when it gets hot. But for some reason, summer is now being spun by the media as being due to climate change, as though nobody ever lived through a summer heat wave before. The marketing of even weather as climate change is getting over bearing and annoying. China knows the game and is not buying the swamp land.

The 25 million acres and counting, of burnt forest this summer in Canada, gave off as much CO2 as the world fossil fuels for a year. Plus there is now this huge loss of carbon fixation due to all those burnt trees. Does man made get blamed or does natural get credit? Depends on who is data stacking.

China, historically, has never been an imperialist country. They tend to stay to themselves over the centuries. Their leaders have a responsibility to that tradition. The USA on the other hand, is the least Imperialism superpower in history, but it is currently run by the Swamp, which is very deceptive and has installed an injustice system to cheat and avoid the justice due.

This version of America makes the world and China nervous, since you cannot trust con artists, hypocrites and bullies. How many scams have they been caught doing? They double down on lying. You don't think this same cast of characters can shake down science, like they did to social media and COVID science; censor opposing views? There is a currently a Court order for them to stop colluding, which may have made China take a pause.

China may be reading the writing on the walls in terms of the US upcoming elections. China may not be willing to get abort the USS Kerry, since a big iceberg is coming.
Wow, wrong right at the offset. No, it is the pattern of new record highs everywhere that the media point out. You might not know this, but the world is spherical in shape and has an axial tilt. That results in it being winter in as much of the world as it is summer. So when they speak of "hottest days in the world" it is not because it is summer.

jbg

Wow, wrong right at the offset. No, it is the pattern of new record highs everywhere that the media point out. You might not know this, but the world is spherical in shape and has an axial tilt. That results in it being winter in as much of the world as it is summer. So when they speak of "hottest days in the world" it is not because it is summer.
My impression is that the record highs of July 1936 and other Dust Bowl records have not been approached.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
My impression is that the record highs of July 1936 and other Dust Bowl records have not been approached.
Your impression would be wrong. And your reference to the Dust Bowl tells us of a possible source. You may just be looking at US highs. That is a rather small part of the globe. You need to consider temperatures all around the globe. Not just the highs. Or the Flat if you are a flerf.

Do you understand that even if a local temperature is not even a record high that one has to consider it when measuring to see if the Earth as a whole is the hottest ever?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Home run? Don't make me laugh.

But it did indeed hit 50 plus years of failed climate change predictions as doomsday addiction takes center plate for yet another pitch to throw for yet another cross the fingers inning.

A series of "news" articles? That's what your presenting as "fifty plus years of failed climate change predictions" ... ??
No wonder you're so confused. Good grief, I implore you to seek out better sources of information.