• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yet Another Study Finds a Reduction in Opioid Deaths with Legalization of Cannabis

youknowme

Whatever you want me to be.
I don't suppose your "point" is worthy of speaking in a complete sentence, is it?

Perhaps you could even try answering the questions I asked (in complete sentences): So you still know of no human studies having statistical power that have demonstrated cannabidiol is effective in achieving any of the results of the studies cited in the OP, or for treating anxiety disorders. Correct?

So what is your anxiety about cannabis? I bet you don't disapprove of alcohol being legal. Do you?

Statistical power is merely the like-hood of detecting an effect when there is an effect to be detected. It is not really a conformation tool; it is more of an exploratory tool. It will not explain what you detected or how to interpret those results. It is mainly used in determining sample sizes and it is also highly contextualized to the subject of interest. The merits of a study depend on a lot of different aspects in which the subject of interest plays a large roll. What may be considered "significant" in one area may not apply to another area. Determining the value of a study takes a lot more than just looking at the statistical power.