• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You are a bad Christian

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
You can be a true Christian and not ever know what a bible is. The bible says so. However you cannot be a true Christian without practicing Christianity. It also says that. I think that is fairly easy to look up in scripture.
I'm not sure how you're using that. Since you say it's fairly easy to look up, can you offer a scripture that backs up what you're saying?

YoursTrue

Yep, as Jesus said all the was necessary was to follow his Two Commandments: love of God and the love of all. We read much the same in Jesus' Parable of the Sheep & Goats, whereas the latter are condemned because they didn't abide by the latter.
so can you love your neighbor by killing him by dropping bombs on him even if he's not armed and you don't know him, and you might be killing pregnant women? what do you think? All's fair in love and war??

YoursTrue

Yep, as Jesus said all the was necessary was to follow his Two Commandments: love of God and the love of all. We read much the same in Jesus' Parable of the Sheep & Goats, whereas the latter are condemned because they didn't abide by the latter.
Do you believe Jesus said those words, and lived as recorded? And how should "love" be applied?

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not sure how you're using that. Since you say it's fairly easy to look up, can you offer a scripture that backs up what you're saying?
"You can be a true Christian and not ever know what a bible is. The bible says so. "
[Jhn 13:34-35 NIV] 34 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."​
[Rth 1:16-17 NIV] 16 But Ruth replied, "Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. 17 Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the LORD deal with me, be it ever so severely, if even death separates you and me."​
[Psa 133:1-3 NIV] 1 A song of ascents. Of David. How good and pleasant it is when God's people live together in unity! 2 It is like precious oil poured on the head, running down on the beard, running down on Aaron's beard, down on the collar of his robe. 3 It is as if the dew of Hermon were falling on Mount Zion. For there the LORD bestows his blessing, even life forevermore.​

"However you cannot be a true Christian without practicing Christianity. It also says that. "
[Gal 5:13-14 NIV] 13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. 14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."​
[Gen 4:7 NIV] 7 If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it."​
[Rom 7:16-22 NIV] 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. 21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God's law;​

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you agree that Baptism and Taking Communion defines your Christian Identity?
I partially agree, but what is called communion today barely counts as communion at all. We are all divided. What we call baptism is rarely the same to us all. We don't give up our egos.

YoursTrue

"You can be a true Christian and not ever know what a bible is. The bible says so. "
[Jhn 13:34-35 NIV] 34 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."​
[Rth 1:16-17 NIV] 16 But Ruth replied, "Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. 17 Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the LORD deal with me, be it ever so severely, if even death separates you and me."​
[Psa 133:1-3 NIV] 1 A song of ascents. Of David. How good and pleasant it is when God's people live together in unity! 2 It is like precious oil poured on the head, running down on the beard, running down on Aaron's beard, down on the collar of his robe. 3 It is as if the dew of Hermon were falling on Mount Zion. For there the LORD bestows his blessing, even life forevermore.​

"However you cannot be a true Christian without practicing Christianity. It also says that. "
[Gal 5:13-14 NIV] 13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. 14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."​
[Gen 4:7 NIV] 7 If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it."​
[Rom 7:16-22 NIV] 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. 21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God's law;​
In order to be Jesus disciples you kind of have to know about him, don't you, and how he showed love. Ruth's mother in law knew her God was the God of the Israelites.

YoursTrue

My x
I partially agree, but what is called communion today barely counts as communion at all. We are all divided. What we call baptism is rarely the same to us all. We don't give up our egos.
There will certainly be those in the resurrection who were not baptized and never heard of Christ. They will have the opportunity to learn about God.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I don't call myself "queer" and you shouldn't be using it unless the person call themselves such, as it's still widely seen as an insult and I suspect that's how you're actually using it (you're not fooling me with the silly Wiki link). Other than that, you can fly a kite.

I wish you peace and happiness in your life, Saint Frankenstein. ☮

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
In order to be Jesus disciples you kind of have to know about him, don't you, and how he showed love. Ruth's mother in law knew her God was the God of the Israelites.
The least expected people turn out to be the most productive sometimes. Someone had to be David's grandmother. Ruth is an example of a replacement, but had she been a rotten daughter another would have been David's grandmother. Her knowledge was only relevant because of her love. She was known by God, and that was more important than knowing about God.

[Mat 1:5-6 NIV] 5 Salmon the father of Boaz, whose mother was Rahab, Boaz the father of Obed, whose mother was Ruth, Obed the father of Jesse, 6 and Jesse the father of King David. David was the father of Solomon, whose mother had been Uriah's wife,​
[Rom 11:21 NIV] 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.​
My x

There will certainly be those in the resurrection who were not baptized and never heard of Christ. They will have the opportunity to learn about God.
Knowledge is convenient, but it does not build churches.
[1Co 4:20 NIV] 20 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power.​
[1Co 8:1-3 NIV] 1 Now about food sacrificed to idols: We know that "We all possess knowledge." But knowledge puffs up while love builds up. 2 Those who think they know something do not yet know as they ought to know. 3 But whoever loves God is known by God.​

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Real communion follows the general principles of Judaism: treaty, forgiveness, sharing a fun and peaceful time together diversely as represented in Aarons Ephod. As Paul our only apostle and only connection to Jesus and the other apostles has said: One Lord, One faith, One baptism, one body with different parts, many people having different gifts some with and some without an understanding of the mysteries. As Jesus says forgive and you shall be forgiven. As Paul says: We were not baptized into the name of Paul, and as Paul says: Whoever thinks he knows *anything* does not yet know as he ought to know.

Therefore real communion is to face and love those who disagree with us but are willing to countenance us and supp with us. Whoever refuses is like Judas, abandoning Jesus to betray him and sitting in judgment against Christ.

That is: things in Christianity are so bad right now that we think a prayer and a snack is communion. It is not as far as I can tell.

Elihoenai

Real communion follows the general principles of Judaism: treaty, forgiveness, sharing a fun and peaceful time together diversely as represented in Aarons Ephod. As Paul our only apostle and only connection to Jesus and the other apostles has said: One Lord, One faith, One baptism, one body with different parts, many people having different gifts some with and some without an understanding of the mysteries. As Jesus says forgive and you shall be forgiven. As Paul says: We were not baptized into the name of Paul, and as Paul says: Whoever thinks he knows *anything* does not yet know as he ought to know.

Therefore real communion is to face and love those who disagree with us but are willing to countenance us and supp with us. Whoever refuses is like Judas, abandoning Jesus to betray him and sitting in judgment against Christ.

That is: things in Christianity are so bad right now that we think a prayer and a snack is communion. It is not as far as I can tell.
What you describe as Communion is what 2.2 Billion Christians in Christendom are doing in the Churches having a Fun Time. In addition to taking the Bread and Wine they are Fellowshipping having a Fun Time. Are you saying they are Not having a Fun Time in the Churches?

Last edited:

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Jesus did indicate there would be fake ones. Matthew 7:21-23

Actually this a prophecy.
How did Jesus know there would be ones doing “powerful works,” even thinking they were “expelling demons,” ‘in His name’ but obviously without his help?

Christianity was hijacked a long time ago… when leaders of Christendom began saying it was ‘alright to kill your (spiritual) brothers’ because of geography or politics or whatever.

John 13:34,35; Matthew 5:44.

2 Peter 2:1-3; Titus 1:16.

Last edited:

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
Christ is not a book. Nor is Christ a religion. Christ is the reality of a human being choosing to embody the divine spirit of love, forgiveness, kindness and generosity within him (as best he can). So anyone can be a "Christian" regardless of their religiosity. Even an atheist.

And no one will be able to do it perfectly.
That’s fine up to the part about even an atheist.

Eternal life depends on them believing inthe only true Godand in Jesus Christ whom [the only true God] sent [to preach the revelation about the one true God]’

Doing good is not the sole definer of godliness… even an evil man can do good to his family or friend. Even a Heathen can help the poor of his community.

Thus … Even though one may do great works in imitation of the spirit of YHWH God of the Spirit of Christ Jesus, Jesus might still say to them: ‘I do not know you!’.

But we are not to be judges, ourselves, of such a matter.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I believe it all works through Jesus. Trying to get it to work through yourself will only lead to failure.
John 15 works real good with your statement. But the faith that I have was birthed by Him and needs to be motivated by His love that works through His body, you and I.

incites

I left Christianity (partly) because I came to the conclusion that I couldn't practice the true Christianity of the Bible and remain a moral person. If you don't practice true biblical Christianity, how can you call yourself a Christian?
Christians are not equipped to speak on the truth as they are convicted by themselves already by what they do n what they do is reason jesus died n a pastor wont let u know what u need to know to properly speak on the topic amongst any other abrahamic religions concerning god as the pastor doesn't know how to use the words let alone be trusted as he never took time to learn the words to make him more accurate in what he says so Christianity is not properly equipped enough to provide a world a religion so islam was given world religion now as u will find that from Christianity u will be directed towards islam in light of ur folly being recognized by the world n islam being able to properly provide for those that are searching for the truth as they cant go to judiasm as u cant make urself a jew cuz u have to be born jewish to be a part of whats spoken n promised as its bloodlines that bring the jews promises they were given in former times so u have a choice u can trust in the truth which is Yah by thouroughly searching the torah for it or u can revert to islam which will support u in light of u not being able to be jew in that it will provide u understanding on the topic of god in better way n even in all the ways u wete not finding in Christianity but i tell u no lies as if u can notice that i have nothing im trying to prostylize u by but only that u consider what others say in search for sny truth him may be saying but put down ur offenses by accepting the truth n trusting in it n in none other by not equating ANYTHING to god but by accepting the truth cuz u found it true by what scriptures tells u of it n not what a man tries to compell u or convice u persuade u or even try to convict u of as not one human knows another humans sin as only god knows ur sins cuz he alone is finding offenses in what u did as only he can forgive u but if he protects u n provides for u then may u trust that he is true n that he will not mislead u or put a burden upon u without him provideing relief to or way to find escape by as the god i believe in us good n most trustworthy cuz if u put ur trust in what truth i speak of u will find blessings u did not see before as he has blessed some woth more intellengence than others as some aremire stronger than others so it may not be just but im certain its balanced but justice u will find the means by which ur wrongs are made right n u may understand that the reason whats roght is right its cuz of the truth that u trust in through whatever scriptures u find to see him by but dont stop looking tor thr truth n when u find it use it for whats good that u may savor the joy of being right n even knowing where others dont in light of u taking time to find the truth as its very easy the truth but lies u will find complicated to hear

incites

I think he’s talkin bout the Christian belief that Homosexuality is a sin. He doesn’t realize that one can believe that and still have respect for Gay people. A lot of people mix that up imo
whats the truthfullness of the church??? do u think Christianity doesnt have a agenda as its a buisness establishment that uses its position to pay the pastor himself as these pastors pay themselves for their service to god but if i sat here n said all the things u didnt see happen in christinity but i made u aware by telling u then not only are u responsible for the truth but in hereing u will reconixe the easiness of how truth is that u can not complicate it or confuse it as truth is very simple eady to hear n accurate in its words n effect it has on those that hear n use it that they may not twist it or add any lies to it but that it retains strength n durability when challenged by falsehood as the truth will never be too difficult for even children to understand but it is when a man uses ur trust to make u believe what he believes as its pastors sole purpose to make u believe what he says despite him not being with the authority to use concerning god in truth cuz he won't acknowledge truth when its said let alone accept it n use it cuz it is. against him n he knows he will not be found right cuz we know of all the lies he follows

incites

Exactly.

Its your own personal Jesus. Nobody else's.
if u want to be true believer than dont trust others to tell u what scriptures say but read them for urself that way u understand what they say n will reconixe when someone lies to u concerning what the scriptures say but if u dont read them to understand them for urself u may miss the honor for which glory is so good n be found against whats true in light of u not putting in the effort to participate fully to fully understand the things that trusting in the one n only truth by which u stand will bring into ur reach that u may not only hear the truth but see the truth......the day they see the truth is the day they recieve it as it will be a day when justice is not perverted by money or position but used by people who know how to use it properly for just cause as it will be a day when u will be told that Yah is the truth which is the god of abraham with whom if u teust u will not find loss in as the victory is just close enough to say but to see the truth is what will make them all know it as even the disbelievers n non believers willnot be able to refute it that day n all disputes concerning god are settled when the truth comes n nobody will. be able to use their lies against it but will find loss by it if they not know it.....so the one truth I use that gives me confidence of success is in believeing in Yah from what the tanak says of him as i only trust in Yah n no others that not use the god of abraham as its truth cuz trusting in it will allow u to bless prophet abraham which will make u blessed by god of abraham as u can call him by any name but theres only 1 god so to trust in that god n to reconize what he does by what it says of him is to take a super step torwards it as its starts by u trusting in the source of the belief then once it happens then u will know of it n. not need to rely of belief to retain but have knowledge of but right now i label every human a true agnostic in that they dont know but when messiah bin david comes they will no longer need to believe as they will know god at that point n wont be able to deny the truth as he will show u what god has given him in ability beyond any others of his times as messiah is highest human title to be attained as its just one human man that is given more in ability than any other as until one comes to fulfill order that messiah position is open to any that can aquire it truthfully as that. human man will be given to what he was promised according to bloodlines as he willbe the one that does what scriptures speak of him to do when he comds as it will be in a peaceful time n he will assume the throne of david according command by order in sight of world n not one at that time will be able to deny what he does n the reasons he does it as he will be to the world what u say is the gentiles entering the fold in right manner as he will be supported by scriptures in that it speaks of him who is to cone to us in god timeing that u may know that god is truthful to his words n if u see israel no longer occupied by the ones it was promised to then in that day Yah is forgotten by a world that didnt know him nor trust in him but i suspect Israel prevails rest of abrahamic religions as its with most truth concerning the god i speak of as its a religion i not part of but Yah i believe in however i not obligated to follow any prophets but to find for myself what they only spoke of in times that are beyond days but like i said find the truth n trust in it alone n not to trust in any man but exercise ur
understanding on it that will give u victory in that u never imgained as it just takes right one to find the truth n learn how to use it that makes it so effective in its purpose as it will remain true n not change from truth but keep it close enough to find the goodness of that truth in light that most dont know n many dont care that they dont know nor are they intrested in it to even see it used in way that they can learn n exercise in light of a world covered is such lies that people not even reconize what they do that one tells them n then they repent of their evils cuz the truth is with more power in the e event u need to see it prevail n overtake all those that thought they know as they kept true to the lies those before them told them of n they kot reconize what they do unless one tells them of what they do n why not to do it that they may learn n do whats good n not do evils that effects others cuz the bedt of deeds in honor of whats true is to not let ur evils effect others as evil is over in death as in death u will not be effected by others evils anymore like in this life but next life u will address ur sins if any