• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You are wrong. There is no god.

nazz

Doubting Thomas
Everyone rejects the overwhelming majority of religions (there are 15 000 in the world today) and declare theirs to be the one that is true even though it's just one in fifteen thousand and the only reason they believe in it is because they live in a society where it's present.

Nonsense

Instead of regurgitating atheist propaganda why not try thinking for yourself?

Last edited:

ImprobableBeing

Nonsense

Instead of regurgitating atheist propaganda why not try thinking for yourself?

What is nonsense, that you reject the other 15k religions? Do you believe in all of them?

Do you think that if you had never heard of Christianity and grew up in Zimbabwe where everyone believed in Juju you would have been a Christian?

Can you think outside of your own path for just one second and realize that your faith isn't unique, it's one in about 100 000 of which there remains 15 000 and it has no more evidence than any of the other 15 000 and if it wasn't for where you were born you wouldn't even have believed it?

That is a statement of fact, not propaganda or opinion and in my years i have learned to think for myself, that is why i don't take orders from holy books of any faith nor the corrupted leaders heading churches that the character of Jesus would have called disgraceful or followers, each trying to be more pious and showing it than the other which is against the teachings of Christ.

I am Jewish by heritage and my parents raised me Christian, despite that i think for myself.

ImprobableBeing

That is obvious and I agree with you. Any person that searches for a philosophy ceases when they find one that satisfies them.

Some do, some look for truth.

Some get so comfortable with "their truth" that they cling on to it and will outright deny reality when it comes to that.

I learned that the only thing that matters is what is real, having psychotic fundies for parents will do that to any sane 13 year old.

Akivah

Objective reasoning is available to everyone and when used, pretty much everyone agrees that what we can see, feel, measure and observe in one way or the other is more likely than what we can believe in because someone said we should believe it without any form of evidence.

ImprobableBeing, I think you hit the nail on the head as a major reason for strife. Each of us seeks to find a personal philosophy that we can believe in, using our observations and our reasoning about the world and our life. Problems arise when one person tries to TELL another what they SHOULD believe.

Call_of_the_Wild

It didn't purposefully "create" anything at all

Well, if it didn't purposefully create anything, then all of this specified complexity happened by blind mere chance...which is equivlent to the Boeing 757 being created due to an explosion at a junk yard.

, it's just the result and as great as you think we are we are the epitome of thinking to highly of ourselves, for gods sakes even our sexual organs weren't made for our body temperature and placed so that if we ever were to trip we might just kill our chances of ever reproducing.

If this is design then even the Ford Mondeo is the epitome of an exquisite masterpiece of art in comparison.

How can a blind and mindless process create brains and eyes? Pretty simple question.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
How can a blind and mindless process create brains and eyes? Pretty simple question.
Or oriental rat fleas and harmful serotypes of E. Coli?

There is no credibility in choosing what personally impresses you as some kind of concrete evidence for a benevolent and thinking mind behind biological life. Why not explore the entire biological spectrum? Including deadly bacteria, parasites, survival of the fittest, mortality rates because of disease and plagues throughout history, etc.?

Last edited:

ImprobableBeing

Well, if it didn't purposefully create anything, then all of this specified complexity happened by blind mere chance...which is equivlent to the Boeing 757 being created due to an explosion at a junk yard.

You haven't passed middle school biology and learned about natural selection? Shame on whoever was your teacher, they failed you on this. You will need to read up on the theory of evolution if we are going to have a discussion on this.

If there wasn't us there wouldn't have been us, we are not special, we were not a purpose, we are NOT THE GOAL, hence, if the wind blows the sand into anything what so ever, that is us, if if blows it into something else, that isn't us and equally likely, we are just having this discussion because you think you are oh so special.

It didn't.

Natural selection went from a mishap with photosensitive cell structure in bacteria all the way up to us and if it hadn't, something else would have happened, perhaps super smart jellyfish that would ponder these same things.

You are working from the idea that you are special and the end goal while you are not, you are the result of a process and it's not in the least special. You are not higher evolved than a bacterium, you are not more special than an amoeba, you only think you are because you have been taught that you are but in the biological world you are just another organism on one outer branch of the tree of life.

Call_of_the_Wild

You haven't passed middle school biology and learned about natural selection? Shame on whoever was your teacher, they failed you on this. You will need to read up on the theory of evolution if we are going to have a discussion on this.

Evolution? What is evolution? Ohhh, you mean the idea that long ago, far and wide, when no one was around to witness it, animals began to produce different kind of animals?? It was foolish in middle school and it is foolish now.

If there wasn't us there wouldn't have been us, we are not special, we were not a purpose, we are NOT THE GOAL, hence, if the wind blows the sand into anything what so ever, that is us, if if blows it into something else, that isn't us and equally likely, we are just having this discussion because you think you are oh so special.

We are not so special, yet every living and breathing organism has some type of digestive system that fits its own body. A process that didn't "know" what it was doing gave us a digestive system, and the purpose of the digestive system is to break down food and give the body energy. Now, nothing can continue to live without a digestive system. So we have exactly what it needed to allow us to live, and we get this mechanism from something that is blind and doesn't KNOW a thing??? So we have it, and we need it, but the process that gave it to us didn't know that we was going to need it, but yet it gave it to us and we have it. Ha.

It didn't.

It didn't? Then how did we GET IT?

Natural selection went from a mishap with photosensitive cell structure in bacteria all the way up to us and if it hadn't,

That is the theory. I have my theories too. My theory is Genesis 1:1

something else would have happened, perhaps super smart jellyfish that would ponder these same things.

I am sure.

You are working from the idea that you are special and the end goal while you are not, you are the result of a process and it's not in the least special. You are not higher evolved than a bacterium, you are not more special than an amoeba, you only think you are because you have been taught that you are but in the biological world you are just another organism on one outer branch of the tree of life.

How can a mindless and blind process start making brains and eyes? How can something that doesn't have a mind begin a process that in the end, a brain arises? You don't see the absurdness with that? Would you believe that a blind person sculpted the statue of David? Or that a blind person chiseled Mount Rushmore? Would you believe it? I doubt it. You don't get that kind of specification from something that can't see or think. You just don't. Yet you and others have to believe it in order to continually deny theism.

But hey.

ImprobableBeing

Evolution? What is evolution? Ohhh, you mean the idea that long ago, far and wide, when no one was around to witness it, animals began to produce different kind of animals?? It was foolish in middle school and it is foolish now.

We are not so special, yet every living and breathing organism has some type of digestive system that fits its own body. A process that didn't "know" what it was doing gave us a digestive system, and the purpose of the digestive system is to break down food and give the body energy. Now, nothing can continue to live without a digestive system. So we have exactly what it needed to allow us to live, and we get this mechanism from something that is blind and doesn't KNOW a thing??? So we have it, and we need it, but the process that gave it to us didn't know that we was going to need it, but yet it gave it to us and we have it. Ha.

It didn't? Then how did we GET IT?

That is the theory. I have my theories too. My theory is Genesis 1:1

I am sure.

How can a mindless and blind process start making brains and eyes? How can something that doesn't have a mind begin a process that in the end, a brain arises? You don't see the absurdness with that? Would you believe that a blind person sculpted the statue of David? Or that a blind person chiseled Mount Rushmore? Would you believe it? I doubt it. You don't get that kind of specification from something that can't see or think. You just don't. Yet you and others have to believe it in order to continually deny theism.

But hey.

I just remembered who you are, i have explained ALL of this to you before and so have three others.

You're the retard that thinks that if a monkey is not observed giving birth to a human then evolution is wrong.

Yeah... i went into detail and so did many others and your last reply just showed that you hadn't read a single reply out of hundreds so excuse me while i just dismiss you here.

You can go look at that thread for every answer you want, every single one, just go look in that thread of yours.

Call_of_the_Wild

I just remembered who you are, i have explained ALL of this to you before and so have three others.

I don't have to accept bogus explanations. So all of this "I've/We've explained this to you" crap doesn't do it for me.

You're the retard that thinks that if a monkey is not observed giving birth to a human then evolution is wrong.

And you're the retard that thinks that a mindless and blind process can create brains and eyes. That, my friend, is a retarded idea.

Yeah... i went into detail and so did many others and your last reply just showed that you hadn't read a single reply out of hundreds so excuse me while i just dismiss you here.

Oh, please do. I will speak to others that are more deserving.

You can go look at that thread for every answer you want, every single one, just go look in that thread of yours.

I will continue to reject and refute bogus and outrageous explanations. So keep setting them up, and I will keep knocking them down.

FranklinMichaelV.3

1. Evolution is how traits change as they are passed along from parent to child. I'm sure you agree with this right? You are not a clone of your parents right? You express genes that your parents didn't express right?

2. How can a mindless blind process create eyes and brains? Pressures to survive. The fear of death is a powerful motivator. Remember the 1st part about evolution is how parents can pass on traits, these traits mutations that occur arise because of pressures and can just as easily die off. What exactly is the brain though? Rats have brains, would you say your brain and a rats brain is the same? Or are you curious about the issue of the mind? What's the difference between your eyes and an octopus?

Shrug you don't need to answer these questions because you already believe what you believe. I see nothing wrong or a flaw with that. Humanity has always been like that since the past, it's a good diversity for us.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
How can a mindless and blind process start making brains and eyes? How can something that doesn't have a mind begin a process that in the end, a brain arises?
By having no goal in mind*.

Evolution is the monkeys with typewriters writing Shakespear.

*figuratively "mind"

ImprobableBeing

*figuratively "mind"

Evolution would be nature in action, whatever happens is natures making and there is no end goal to create humanity.

Any other outcome is equally likely which means that any letter the apes print is random.

But not to the fundies it's not, for them every thing is just miraculous, and yet humans life through this 100 000 000 every day. boom, you're dead and you did nothing.

But hey, she died a virgin, that is worth nothing...

Thief

Rogue Theologian
"Alternative"?

Do you think Atheists have the power to choose between immortality and mortality? :confused:

No....but Something Greater than you will do so.
Not that your decisions will have no effect.

Many things are greater than me. It just doesn't look like any of those is supernatural or divine.

Lack of belief in the next life is not a proof.

A chance of what?

Continuance.

Is this supposed to be understood?

and I can't help but wonder....how people fail to do so.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
That is obvious and I agree with you. Any person that searches for a philosophy ceases when they find one that satisfies them.

I did not.

For every question answered, more questions arise.

Satisfaction is a fleeting emotion.
Belief should run a good deal deeper.

allright

*figuratively "mind"

no, evolution would be the monkey writing Shakesphere without a typewriter.

how would a monkey get a typewriter unless an intelligent being created if for him

nazz

Doubting Thomas
What is nonsense

Everything you said. Which was:

Everyone rejects the overwhelming majority of religions (there are 15 000 in the world today) and declare theirs to be the one that is true even though it's just one in fifteen thousand and the only reason they believe in it is because they live in a society where it's present.

First off, starting a sentence with the word "everyone" that doesn't end with "has a belly button" is probably false.

You claim that "everyone" holds to one religion and rejects all others false. That is nonsense. There are many people who consider themselves spiritual but claim no religion. There are many who have constructed their own religion by taking parts from many. There are many people who believe in a specific religion but don't feel all others are wrong. You really need to take you head out of atheist books and get out more.

that you reject the other 15k religions? Do you believe in all of them?
I personally don't believe in ANY of them. I think ALL religions contain some truth but NONE of them is completely true.

Do you think that if you had never heard of Christianity and grew up in Zimbabwe where everyone believed in Juju you would have been a Christian?
Why do you even assume I am a Christian? Do you realize that people raised in places where one religion is predominant or even exclusive change faiths?

I am Jewish by heritage and my parents raised me Christian, despite that i think for myself.
No what you are is a dogmatic fundamentalist atheist. You simply exchanged one form of fundamentalism for another. Folks like you are a dime a dozen on message boards and I have little tolerance for fundamentalists of any variety.