• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You guys may be getting an exodus of LDS

DeanM

I'm happy to see some friendly names that I recognize. Good to know that there is a new home for all my LDS cousins!

millerrod

I am not LDS but i am member of the Body of Christ. I to just came here from CF
Nice to meet you brothers and sister !! Brother Rod

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Wow! We LDS are gonna take over the world after all! :angel2:

Seriously, welcome to all of you -- LDS, non-LDS, ex-LDS. This is a great forum and I can assure you that you'll all be made to feel welcome here.

PureX

Veteran Member
Hey everyone. Its been a while since I posted here. You might be getting a mass exodus of LDS from another site. I believe Katzpur had experience at a site named "Christian Forums". The place used to be a complete nightmare, however it got better over the past year or so. However they just axed all of the new rules that allowed some freedom to us "non-Christians". So we are no looking elsewhere to post. I suggested this site to everyone.
Well, I believe you all would be welcomed, here.

Sola'lor

LDSUJC
Yeah welcome to all you refugees. It will be good to see more LDS and get more opinions than just the few us us who have been here for awhile.

A

angellous_evangellous

***MOD ADVISORY***

Please do not bash other forums. Some posts have been edited.

A_E

Smoke

Done here.
***MOD ADVISORY***

Please do not bash other forums. Some posts have been edited.

A_E
I appreciate your patience so far, though. People do need to vent; I did when I left there. I don't know if it's proper to mention it here, so feel free to delete this if it's not, but Internet Infidels generously provides a thread just for CF refugees to vent in. The thread has split more than eighty times and has well over 5 million posts. People who just have to vent can go to http://iidb.infidels.org/ and search for CF Thread Continuation.

Fluffy

A fool
I went to that forum to discover the cause of the LDS exodus and noticed that what that forum describes as "non-Nicene" groups, including LDS, will be affected. All of them, including the LDS, are very welcome here.

jonny

NOW you guys all come over. I said months ago that you should dump that place and come over here. :)

Welcome everyone. You might be surprised to discover that you're not all evil heretics over here and no one (well, almost no one) questions your Christianity. Don't let that keep you from feeling like you have a home here.

zippythepinhead

Your Tax Dollars At Work
NOW you guys all come over. I said months ago that you should dump that place and come over here. :)

Welcome everyone. You might be surprised to discover that you're not all evil heretics over here and no one (well, almost no one) questions your Christianity. Don't let that keep you from feeling like you have a home here.
Even if J. Golden Kimball is my patron saint?:bow:

Katya

Honey I'm Home!!!!!!!!!!

The difference between RF and CF is amazing. I'm still waiting for the bickering to start.:sorry1:
Think it's gonna take me a while to get use to this. :D

pwsoldier

unapologetic freethinker
I wouldn't really consider myself a refugee since I still post regularly on CF, but I must confess that the main reason I came to RF was the closing of the LDS forum over there. I left the Church a few years ago, but I still enjoy interacting with members online.

DeanM

The situation in CF is currently undergoing a change. It seems that many folks have spoken out, cancelled their donations, and generally created an unrest in suppord of LDS.

The LDS is currently represented only by a debate subforum hidden under the 'unorthodox theology' forum.

Friends of the LDS are trying to get the LDS a congregational forum back which will be hosted by the WWMC until such time as the leadership can be convinced that they were wrong to alienate the LDS forums.

As a member of WWMC in CF, I'd again like to express my admiration of the LDS folks who were removed from CF. You folks held your chins high, as you should have.

I'll be continuing to support the comeback of LDS in CF as long as I can. And, since you folks have a lot of support there, it will hopefully not be too long of a wait to get your home up and running again.

There's a lot of good folks on your side, and a lot of hard work ahead of us.

We won't back down 'til either the LDS has its forums back, or the rest of us get thrown out trying.