• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You say that there is a god...

ppp

I gave you a chance to have thoughtful serious discussions. Then you kind of flipped out about some word "religion" I think it was. Anyway. I could care less about your opinion.
Thank you for your rant. It has been filed. Appropriately.
Screenshot 2023-07-12 232450.png

F1fan

Veteran Member
With me the Atheists just kind of say they agree my Gods exist, then they look for a Sky Daddy. I’ve got more to show everyone now though, that was like 2013-2015.
I don't think you are being honest here. Atheists will only accept some sort of god exists when the claimant (believer) presents adequate and valid evidence that it exists. Note that the god gas to be well defined so that evidence can be followed to a sound conclusion that the defined claims is true, or at least likely true. Thus far in history no belieiver has been able to do this.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Thank you for your rant.

Ahhh, the hypocrisy is strong with you. Ex christian, right?

Yeah, yeah. Another appropriator who gets annoyed when called out on it. There are lots of thoughtful empathetic theists out there who give serious, considered and deliberate thought to their beliefs. Based on your posts, I don't see how you can be one of them.

Angelical

I didn't think you were joking. I assumed that you were being serious. Which is why I said:

Such rigor.

So I hear from every theist who tries to tell that they know the minds of athests. I am pretty sure I know my mind better tha you do.

Are you about to back pedal to "not all blacks jews women atheists"?
Dummy. I’m not even like a normal Christian. I’m an Angel, I was a Hindu Shaivite my whole life. You should check out my Wife’s Threads account:

We are the Van Kush Family.

Last edited:

ppp

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
That isnt what hypocrisy means. Your response should have been, You are wrong. That wasn't a rant.

OK. That's useful. Thanks

Dangling participle. I am not going to try to guess what that is supposed to mean.

LOL. Dangling participle. That prevents you from understanding things? Have you talked to someone about this rather severe impediment?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
One thing thing that always astounded me about some believers is how they don't consider their own behavior as evidence for their God existing and being an influence on their lives. When believers act disresepectfully, with malice, and show no remore for their hateful statements I can't believe that they have sort of God in their lives. Witht he lack of evidence for any of the many gods humans believe in I would think at least they would behave in a way that indicates they are living an enlightened life.

^ This.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Or you could just tone down on the posturing and provide the object of the sentence.

I do recall something you said to me once which was: {paraphrasing} "Go back and read what I said, if you can't figure it out, then, we're done."

So... what would you call it, when a person makes demands on another person, that they themselves don't hold to require of themself?

Isn't that a hypocrite?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
That isnt what hypocrisy means. Your response should have been, You are wrong. That wasn't a rant.

Dangling participle. I am not going to try to guess what that is supposed to mean.

Ok.

umm, I just went back and re-read... you're not being honest.

I said: "The hypocrisy is, you made a dig at me, it wasn't a rant. I replied in kind, and it was."
You replied: "That isnt what hypocrisy means. Your response should have been, You are wrong. That wasn't a rant."

That means you did read it and understood what it meant.

Then in the same post:

I said: "I replied in kind, and it was."
You said: "Dangling participle. I am not going to try to guess what that is supposed to mean."

Wait a minute. You just contradicted yourself. You clearly understood what I meant. But chose to make a school-teacher petty correction, and claimed you would not try to guess what it meant. But you did, very easily guess correctly. You naturally understood what I said.

In fact, you double dipped on the correction. Correcting once because you understood. Then you double dipped, pretending you couldn't understand, so you could correct me again.

See, this is what I mean.

I gave you a chance to have thoughtful serious discussions.

You don't want to have thoughtful serious discussions. You want to pick nits. At least with me you don't want serious discussions, and it seems to be the case with anyone who is a theist. You're acting like a lover scorned. Theism betrayed you? God turned its back on you? Based on your very negative reaction when we first met, it seems like "religion" is your Satan. Am I even close?

Last edited: