• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You say that there is a god...

F1fan

Veteran Member
your god is void
So you have decided that you can tell me that I have a god, and what it is?

Sorry, I have no gods.
no mention = void
Gods are not part of Theravada Buddhism. It is you deciding that gods not being part of it is a void, and that this void is a god. That is ll your doing and irrelevant. What is your intioning in misrepresenting Buddhism like this?
the athiest god is void. it's literally true
No, it's you trying to impose the idea of god onto non-belief. I'm not sure what you get from this exercise.

You seem upset that atheists don't assign any personal meaning to any idea of god.
It's not incoherent, you don't understand what words mean or how they are put together into sentences.
You weren't being comprehensible. That is your responsibility if you want to be understood.
Which confirms what I said. You don't understand that I do not worship the god "void" which produces the oblivion you seem to value and look forward to.
I never said you did. And I have no conception of a god "void", that's in your mind. I understand that you are creating a false premise that "void is a god". This is an absurdity at face value, and you haven't explained how it is supposed to make sense. You are also creating meaning for me that I have never written about. What is there for me to understand about your falsehoods? You are also doing this with others in some sort of frustrated campaign against atheists.
Let me make it stupid simple for you.
You really have an inflated belief in yourself. You don't acknowledge being wrong. Character flaw.
You seem to want theists to sit down and shut up be "enlightened" per your imagined ideal. I'm telling you that your ideal of enlightenment is weak ineffective and pointless except for certain select circumstances. And when those circumstances arise, I will easily channel your buddhist-god's vacuous quality because I can. Until then, no thank you. I will not become oblivious per your ideal.
You are a frustrated person. It seems some theists can't deal with the critical analysis of atheists and lash out with personal insults. That is a flaw in character, and you have some things to reflect on. Good luck. Atheists will continue to debate you and other believers over claims of gods existing, and it's your choice to participate, and do so with emotional detachment and integrity, if you are willing.

F1fan

Veteran Member
We understand the word limit differently.
Yup, more of your odd definitions that don't aid in clarity and understanding. It's sabotage if you can't work within the basic, accepted definiions of words.
a point or level beyond which something does not or may not extend or pass
OK, how is this different from what I meant? It isn't. So how is your understanding different? It isn't. Just more drama and deflection.
If knowledge is a human behaviour, then that has a limit where it doesn't extend for what you can say you know.
Just as human moblitiy has a limit. Or any other human behavior.
That is what reason works with, as well as science. So what is the problem?

F1fan

Veteran Member
As soon as they got the power, which
was hundreds of years ago.
Christians lost their political authority so have been using various public disinformation tactics to get that power back. They had the power since the 4th century, after 1200 years of violence and war between competing religions the Enlightenment happened and societies developed secular government to avoid the problems of religious authority and crimes against humanity. Now in the USA the religious right has taken over the republican party and they are using their "secular" authority to impose religious beliefs. And look at the results: the loss of established rights and diversity and equality. The American Taliban, they are called. Doctors are in fear of being jailed if they offer care to pregnant women, which has put many lives in danger. There have been some reported deaths of women because they can't access health care. Will the data that comes out in the next year influence how citizens vote in 2024? Thus far it seems the Christian extremist republicans are digging their own graves, politically.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Yup, more of your odd definitions that don't aid in clarity and understanding. It's sabotage if you can't work within the basic, accepted definiions of words.

OK, how is this different from what I meant? It isn't. So how is your understanding different? It isn't. Just more drama and deflection.

That is what reason works with, as well as science. So what is the problem?

Well, here is the problem.
There is no strong objective evidence for how you ought to live your life. That connects to this:

If we can agree on that, then we don't have to continue.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Well, here is the problem.
There is no strong objective evidence for how you ought to live your life.
Like we ought not murder other people for fun? No objective evidence of law enforcement in your life? I have the reality of law enforcement where I live, and where anyone else you can name lives. So why can’t you recognize law enforcement and laws?

Now i have no primal desire to kill anyone so could that be a problem?
That connects to this:

If we can agree on that, then we don't have to continue.
Science has limits. How many times have you posted this link? We know. Science is limited to real phenomena, not dubious ideas like gods and crystal power.

But that is the crux of these debates, believers thinking there is something that can’t be detected. What is ignored is what is the basis for judgment and belief if gods cannot be detected. No answers to that.

Audie

Veteran Member
Christians lost their political authority so have been using various public disinformation tactics to get that power back. They had the power since the 4th century, after 1200 years of violence and war between competing religions the Enlightenment happened and societies developed secular government to avoid the problems of religious authority and crimes against humanity. Now in the USA the religious right has taken over the republican party and they are using their "secular" authority to impose religious beliefs. And look at the results: the loss of established rights and diversity and equality. The American Taliban, they are called. Doctors are in fear of being jailed if they offer care to pregnant women, which has put many lives in danger. There have been some reported deaths of women because they can't access health care. Will the data that comes out in the next year influence how citizens vote in 2024? Thus far it seems the Christian extremist republicans are digging their own graves, politically.
China ran off the feudal theocracy in
Tibet.
I expect it's the right wing godists
who think this was a terrible thing.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Like we ought not murder other people for fun? No objective evidence of law enforcement in your life? I have the reality of law enforcement where I live, and where anyone else you can name lives. So why can’t you recognize law enforcement and laws?

Now i have no primal desire to kill anyone so could that be a problem?

Science has limits. How many times have you posted this link? We know. Science is limited to real phenomena, not dubious ideas like gods and crystal power.

But that is the crux of these debates, believers thinking there is something that can’t be detected. What is ignored is what is the basis for judgment and belief if gods cannot be detected. No answers to that.

Yeah, you really don't understand the difference in internal and external experinces for some of your cogntion and feelings/emotions.
Now if you want to we can go over the standard relevant defntions of objective and how you confuse that with in some cases your first person subjective experinces of what matters.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Yeah, you really don't understand the difference in internal and external experinces for some of your cogntion and feelings/emotions.
Since all experiences i have are in my mind, what is the difference between internal and external experiences ? Once again, you make comments without clarifying what you mean.
Now if you want to we can go over the standard relevant defntions of objective and how you confuse that with in some cases your first person subjective experinces of what matters.
You constantly seek confusion. Why not just offer what you think are definitions that I don’t use or recognize?

Notice your vague references of experiences yet offer no clarification, then accuse me of being confused. You make this accusation without evidence.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
And yet here you waving your...fantasy questions in my face.

You're fallacious.

I told another member who was responding to the rude behavior of a theist that I believe they are able to rise above juvenile name-calling and false accusations as well as demonstrate a more mature character. And I'm saying the same to you. I've dealt with similar behavior (recently, in fact; see here), so I understand that it can be difficult to remain calm. I know that some members don't utilize the ignore option, but I've found it to be quite effective in lowering the drama on the forum. Of course, it's entirely your decision whether or not to respond, but I've discovered that it's less stressful for me if I don't.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I told another member who was responding to the rude behavior of a theist that I believe they are able to rise above juvenile name-calling and false accusations as well as demonstrate a more mature character. And I'm saying the same to you. I've dealt with similar behavior (recently, in fact; see here), so I understand that it can be difficult to remain calm. I know that some members don't utilize the ignore option, but I've found it to be quite effective in lowering the drama on the forum. Of course, it's entirely your decision whether or not to respond, but I've discovered that it's less stressful for me if I don't.

So you ignore what's being written, but thumb up the posts anyway? Hmmmm.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
China ran off the feudal theocracy in
Tibet.
I expect it's the right wing godists
who think this was a terrible thing.
You like that Tibet was stolen and conquered. Of course you do.

What did Tibet do wrong? Were they hurting anyone? Did they threaten anyone?

You are in favor of unprovoked invasion and war.

Your true colors are shining through.

I see no one thumbed up that post. At least there is some decency in this forum.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I believe what you should have realized was that God not giving you a bicycle meant you did not need one or it might lead to bad things happening to you. I lost a friend in high school when he was hit by a car on his bicycle.
As if people don’t die in cars either. If God existed and cares for humans living why did he create cancers and genetic defects? You can’t have it both ways.