• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You will live as long as Noah...

sooda

Veteran Member
Not a good assumption based on the paleontological and archaeological evidence. The evidence clearly demonstrates that humans had shorter lives than now throughout our past history.

Biologically it is nearly impossible that we could live that long unless we evolved through technology with largely synthetic and robotic components.

Yes.. life expectancy in the ME was about 35 years with a few living to very old age of perhaps 70 or 80.

Jeremiah Ames

This is not about a debate if this really happened.

I would have been born in 1069 AD, before the Magna Carta, before Martin Luther King, while Muslims were still in southern spain, before steam trains. Pope Nicholas II was in charge of the Catholic Church. England was still consumed with internal warrings...

It would still have been the Middle Ages. The Crusades had yet to start. Admittedly the likelihood that I would survive all that time to today is nil.

In what I believe is a debatable translation, God eventually shortened the lives of all humans to <120 years, saying, "he would not continue to contend with man...". I think he actually meant he would shorten our lives as an act of mercy. I'm 72 and am close to having had way too much fun. It would be too tearing and heart breaking to live for almost 1000 years.

I'm assuming that all humans had long life spans, but perhaps there were only several men who lived that long, to what end, I wonder.

I think that the shorter life spans caused 'progress' to move faster.

Where is the actual evidence that humans had longer lifespans in the past?

whirlingmerc

There are people addressing what I did not want to. I should have worded this differently. I wanted to talk about what it would feel like to live that long?

I would have been born in 1069 AD, before the Magna Carta, before Martin Luther King, while Muslims were still in southern spain, before steam trains. Pope Nicholas II was in charge of the Catholic Church. England was still consumed with internal warrings...

It would still have been the Middle Ages. The Crusades had yet to start. Admittedly the likelihood that I would survive all that time to today is nil.

In what I believe is a debatable translation, God eventually shortened the lives of all humans to <120 years, saying, "he would not continue to contend with man...". I think he actually meant he would shorten our lives as an act of mercy. I'm 72 and am close to having had way too much fun. It would be too tearing and heart breaking to live for almost 1000 years.

I'm assuming that all humans had long life spans, but perhaps there were only several men who lived that long, to what end, I wonder.

Answering the question in part, I think it felt strange taking longer to build an ark than people would eventually live

I do believe in the lengths of lives claimed and one interesting reason is that
they drop of somewhat exponentially from the pre flood 900 years to the post flood life times. Seems unlikely to just make up

Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 9.06.42 PM.png

Last edited:

Ellen Brown

Answering the question in part, I think it felt strange taking longer to build an ark than people would eventually live

I do believe in the lengths of lives claimed and one interesting reason is that
they drop of somewhat exponentially from the pre flood 900 years to the post flood life times. Seems unlikely to just make up

View attachment 27336

The question was not about whether Noah lived that long, but was about how it would feel to live that long? I worded the OP poorly.

Shad

Veteran Member
The question was not about whether Noah lived that long, but was about how it would feel to live that long? I worded the OP poorly.

Is the question within context of Noah's life thus other humans have a longer life span as well?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yes they do buried them in vally of the kings, the strange thing is no burry sight or evidence of any burrial in side the pyramid. why? because it was never used for that purpose, it was a stellar obseravtory and an energy sourse
Didn't MythBusters put that to rest?

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
This is interesting.

So like I found an article that basically said humans might have lost lifespan through fallout.

The First Global Nuclear War and a Coverup of historical proportions...

Honestly, there are technologies that have gotten lost (cement, Greek fire, central heating) and only some of them got back. So while it doesn't seem plausible, it does account for how there are seven years of famine in Egypt. Or why people suddenly needed to build a ship to get away ("rain"). Or why lifespan suddenly and dramatically decreased from 900 years to 600 to 200 to about 100 tops. Radiation poisoning.

We're living longer lately (or at least aging slower), and inventing new tech in the last 100 years. We're finally recovering. And just stupid enough right now to bomb ourselves out of business again. Nuclear bombs, abortion, sex-changes (sterility), pollution (including chemical aerosols)... yeah if we don't watch ourselves, far from being overpopulated, humans are about to become scarce, all because of suicidal maniacs.

But here's the interesting part. Some timelines place Joseph and his 7-year famine around 2000 BC, and they talk about a worldwide 7-year famine (definitely nuclear winter) due to an "east wind". So, what exactly was going on in around 2000 BC? Well, if you've read Indian literature, you find out about a book of myths called the Mahabharata. You see, Hindu myth is cyclical, and basically describe (in detail, including something as white hot and brilliant as the sun, which kills animals instantly, poisons water and foodstuffs, and hair and nails falling out) the aftereffects of nuclear explosion.

Here's another one. Remember Noah's Ark. Well, there's also a Yamato's Ark. And others. Some event is big enough that it becomes part of the world's myths from Middle East to Polynesia.

Most historical records are destroyed. Coincidence? Or attempt to do away with a tech that hit humans shouldn't be involved in, something that they need to work through?

Twilight Hue

GOSH !!! I wanted to talk about how living that long would feel!!!
I do not intend to have a conversation about, "IF it really happened.
I'm kind of wondering about if that's even possible. Even if you were to live 600 900 years, you're still a lot of things that could have killed you like disease and War and things like that. When people talk about life experiences, I wonder hypothetically what the outlook for person who living to 900 years old could be. I could only think the person might be feeling they seen it and done it all over and over again.

Shad

Veteran Member
This is interesting.

So like I found an article that basically said humans might have lost lifespan through fallout.

The First Global Nuclear War and a Coverup of historical proportions...

Honestly, there are technologies that have gotten lost (cement, Greek fire, central heating) and only some of them got back. So while it doesn't seem plausible, it does account for how there are seven years of famine in Egypt. Or why people suddenly needed to build a ship to get away ("rain"). Or why lifespan suddenly and dramatically decreased from 900 years to 600 to 200 to about 100 tops. Radiation poisoning.

We're living longer lately (or at least aging slower), and inventing new tech in the last 100 years. We're finally recovering. And just stupid enough right now to bomb ourselves out of business again. Nuclear bombs, abortion, sex-changes (sterility), pollution (including chemical aerosols)... yeah if we don't watch ourselves, far from being overpopulated, humans are about to become scarce, all because of suicidal maniacs.

But here's the interesting part. Some timelines place Joseph and his 7-year famine around 2000 BC, and they talk about a worldwide 7-year famine (definitely nuclear winter) due to an "east wind". So, what exactly was going on in around 2000 BC? Well, if you've read Indian literature, you find out about a book of myths called the Mahabharata. You see, Hindu myth is cyclical, and basically describe (in detail, including something as white hot and brilliant as the sun, which kills animals instantly, poisons water and foodstuffs, and hair and nails falling out) the aftereffects of nuclear explosion.

Here's another one. Remember Noah's Ark. Well, there's also a Yamato's Ark. And others. Some event is big enough that it becomes part of the world's myths from Middle East to Polynesia.

Most historical records are destroyed. Coincidence? Or attempt to do away with a tech that hit humans shouldn't be involved in, something that they need to work through?

There is no evidence for a nuclear winter in that time frame. A nuclear winter is an mass extinction level event. The famine idea is linked to the Thera eruption.

Samantha Rinne

The Pyramids are only about 5,000 years old. They have never been underwater.

Have you studied anything about tectonic plates?

Are you talking about energy pyramids like this: (I don't think this is about energy pyramids)

You might want to rethink this statement. The pyramids are older than you think. And they have been underwater.

The Great Pyramids at Giza - When were they Built?

WHEN WERE THE PYRAMIDS REALLY BUILT?

The official Egyptian stance on the subject of when the Pyramids were actually constructed has come under some serious criticism in the last century as evidence builds that the Pyramids are far older than previously thought. Obviously, the Egyptians have many reasons to "keep it in the family" by perpetuating the classic theory of the pyramids being constructed in about 4,300 B.C. by ancient Egyptian kings, and they do have some evidence for this theory, though at this point it seems highly questionable.

Many legends passed down from ancient civilizations mention the Pyramid as a repository of sorts to protect the knowledge of a highly advanced civilization from "a flood." This is significant, and there are records that indicate that before the limestone surface of the Pyramids was stripped away, there was a water line that reached to about halfway up the Great Pyramid - about 240 feet - strongly suggesting that the Pyramids were built before the great flood - which occurred around 10,000 B.C. Inside, when the Great Pyramid was first opened, there were thick salt deposits along the walls to about halfway up. Though some of this salt is attributable to natural weeping by the rocks, some is also consistent chemically with sea salt - another strong piece of evidence for the Pyramids being in existence before the Great Flood. Indeed, modern studies indicate that 10,000 B.C. was a time of massive geomagnetic, climactic and geologic changes, and it is also the time frame that Plato uses to describe the destruction of the great civilization of Atlantis - assumedly from the same catastrophic events. There is some evidence astronomically that coincides with the 10,000 - 12,000 B.C. timeline for the construction of the Pyramids. It has long been strongly suspected that the Pyramids have an integral connection to the night sky, and to the constellation Orion in particular.

The+Great+Pyramid,+Giza,+Egypt.jpg

Look 2/3 up and there is a line and a color change from dark brown to faded. Water line.

Samantha Rinne

There is no evidence for a nuclear winter in that time frame. A nuclear winter is an mass extinction level event. The famine idea is linked to the Thera eruption.

A volcanic eruption? Really?!? Next you're going to tell me gas leaks or weather balloons if I happen to see something in the sky! Btw, are you from FBI, CIA, or some other counterintelligence group? Because that's weak.

A volcanic eruption delivers localized ash and volcanic matter. Very localized in fact. People in Hawaii semi-routinely get eruptions. Their island recovers and areas outside the immediate killzone are usually unaffected. In fact, an eruption usually behaves in the reverse order (famine then massive fertility, whereas biotech plus nuclear tech might account for this). It also provides a legit reason why people stopped living as long. Watch Columbo, where he talks about how people give him "plausible explanations" but unfortunately, they are like puzzles where not all pieces fit. Not all the pieces fit! Why do they talk in the scripture about lifespan lowering? The only Wikipedia also says of it...

Although there are no clear ancient records of the eruption, it may have inspired certain Greek myths.

Lemme ask you something. You're an ancient people with tech only available by the elites. What do you associate a massive sun covering fog with? Pretty much just an eruption, because you're dumb natives. We have an entire continent (Atlantis, according to the Greek myths they probably are referring to) knocked underwater. Eruptions, btw, typically create land, not sink it. In fact, when they STOP ERUPTING is when volcanic islands sink. Btw, the timeline of this sinking of Atlantis and other Greek myths? Guess. Yup, 2000 BC.

If you had read the article, you will find that there is in fact evidence.
  • The Hindus themselves accept that this weapon was a nuke. Look up the word Brahmastra and see what Hindus say about it.
  • The nuclear scientists themselves mentioned when asked about the first atomic explosion, "the first in modern times." Read up on it. Oppenheimer said that. Also, even if he didn't (there are "fact-checkers" who claim it's a copypasted misquote) one thing he is on record saying is,"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds" which is a direct quote from Hindu scripture
  • There are seas of glass in some desert areas. But you say, hot deserts... no. To make glass out of sand requires burning-hot temperatures. The lowest temperature in which air ignites is around 400+ and this is a low flame. A volcanic eruption would account for such heat, except such areas usually have rich volcanic soil and are not barren and solid glass. In fact, nuclear test zones sometimes have this sort of glass.
  • There's an area near Rajasthan, India that is oddly radioactive. If I had to point it out, it's not the city itself (fine) but a small ruined fort called Bhangarh Fort, which is reputedly haunted and visitors are not allowed overnight. It has never been re-inhabited for some mysterious reason.
  • In Gabon, West Africa they found uranium when they were looking for uranium. Only problem? It had previously been spent.
  • Scotland has a few stone ruins that are fused into glass. Remember what I said about making glass. It's one thing if they built them out of that. But they would need at the very least, a blowtorch, and this was wide area.
  • Exact quote:
    The best researchers will all tell you that the radio-carbon-14 dating method isn't truly accurate much past about 4,000 years ago. But they all differ as to why. Even regular Beryllium-10 radiological dating methods often produce wildly fantastic ages that often do not agree with other known dating factors. What is the problem?

The answer is simple.

If the world experienced a global nuclear war, one that produced enough radioactivity to halve the lifespan of man, it also produced enough carbon-14 and Beryllium-10 to completely skew any evolutionary or archaeological time-line that doesn't take this massive influx of carbon-14, Beryllium-10, and other radioactivity into the system into account. The war and its radioactivity introduced so much Carbon-14, Beryllium-10 (and other radiations) into the system that it both poisoned life, and completely changed the natural balance of production and decay of Carbon-14 and Beryllium-10 on Earth. Anything living before this war would appear to be much older than it actually is, because its Carbon-14 levels were much lower than the levels found in organic/living things immediately after the war. Likewise with Beryllium-10 levels in rocks and other inorganic materials. So the whole method is skewed prior to 2000BC...
  • Oh yes, and the scriptue of the Bible and Mahabharata. Btw, they have a picture of the weapon as Arjuna and his opponent are about ready to use it. Yup, the copy of my book had illustrations. It's an "arrow" that has a bright flame to it, and a ring around it.
Arjuna-and-Ashwatthama.jpg

74x12

If you read that in context; it becomes clear that God was saying that man(collectively) had 120 years to repent before the flood came. It's not limiting people's life span.

People's life spans gradually decreased after the flood for an unrecorded reason.

Twilight Hue

It's not about that. The question was: how would you feel if you lived that long?
I couldn't help but think it might be something like Bill Murray's Groundhog Day. Once you know everything there is to know in life, it'll just be repeat repeat repeat.

I think a person might go crazy or do something crazy just to break up the monotony.

sooda

Veteran Member
You might want to rethink this statement. The pyramids are older than you think. And they have been underwater.

The Great Pyramids at Giza - When were they Built?

The+Great+Pyramid,+Giza,+Egypt.jpg

Look 2/3 up and there is a line and a color change from dark brown to faded. Water line.

Words fail me...…

From your website:

Lastly, and this one is certainly debatable but does warrant mention - Edgar Cayce, one of the most noted psychics of our time, correlated the Pyramids to the time of Atlantis and dated them to - you guessed it - 10,500 B.C.........….

sooda

Veteran Member
Santorini (Thera) Volcano is the mostly likely source of the Atlantis myth.

Santorini Volcano Ash, Traced Afar, Gives a Date of 1623 B ...

Jun 07, 1994 · ASH believed to be from a great explosive eruption that buried the Minoan colony on the island of Santorini 36 centuries ago has been extracted from deep in an ice core retrieved last year from central Greenland. Its depth in the core indicated that the Aegean eruption, which may have given rise to the Atlantis legend, occurred in or about 1623 B.C.

Santorini Volcano Ash, Traced Afar, Gives a Date of 1623 B.C.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member

There are people addressing what I did not want to. I should have worded this differently. I wanted to talk about what it would feel like to live that long?

...Or the longer life spans caused progress and technology to move faster.