• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You will live as long as Noah...

Shad

Veteran Member
So, citations automatically equate to proof? Couldn't I just make up a citation, and have you believe it?

No as you believe in things I will never believe in.

Citations, are in fact, completely worthless.

Wrong

I created a research paper, where I did basically zero research, and threw together random book sources. I had no idea what I was saying, and I faked my way through and got a B+. A B+ for using footnotes to fudge facts, and claim stuff that I wanted to say. "Putting a footnote when you don't have any facts doesn't really prove anything."[1] This was in fact the first thing we learned in historiography, that writers of history, despite numerous footnotes, cannot be trusted because they may have an axe to grind.

So?

You know what does? Having things work considering what information you are given. So?
  • Thera Eruption is not historically recorded, and it could easily be another cause
Wrong
  • Radioactive fallout and volcanic smog both kill plants. However, areas affected by nuclear radiation possibly shortens life through altering DNA and through stuff like cancer. Volcanic eruptions only cause personal sickness, having no effect on the species.
You are still making a mistake about what a nuclear winter is.
  • There was at this time, apparently a war recorded in Hindu myth using strange weapons that have effects that putrify even water along with tainted food and making hair fall out. This is curiously specific. In fact, let's give the exact quote and you can decide.
So you are taking a myth as evidence while ignoring Thera? Hilarious.
  • "A single projectile charged with all the power in the Universe...An incandescent column of smoke and flame as bright as 10,000 suns, rose in all its splendor...it was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death which reduced to ashes an entire race. The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable. Their hair and nails fell out, pottery broke without any apparent cause, and the birds turned white. After a few hours, all foodstuffs were infected. To escape from this fire, the soldiers threw themselves into the river."
Babble in a vain attempt to make a myth say what you want it say.

• There's a 3-square-miles area of HIGHLY radioactive ash 10 miles west of Jodhpur, Rajasthan where tourists are not allowed to stay for prolonged periods and was never re-inhabited even centuries later (something that generally does not happen). There are several other strange areas that have unusual radiation.
Jeff Rense is babbling about topics he knows nothing about. Also this was the location of a nuclear power station that was shutdown....... drum roll........ due to a radiation leak that exposed 2k people.... to radiation
It is called half-life of the material being used. It is not somehow.