• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Best Shot

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Do you think they might be persuaded as to choosing one? After all, they are driving a rather clapped-out old wreck of a saucer! :D

If they have he tech to zoom between solar systems i cant see them being enamoured with ancient belief systems.

But id put them in touch with a good mechanic to service their old wreck.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
If they have he tech to zoom between solar systems i cant see them being enamoured with ancient belief systems.

But id put them in touch with a good mechanic to service their old wreck.

.. but don't bother with the religious one down the road since they are not that scientific. :D And they'll try to sell you a prayer wheel or other stuff .......

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
.. but don't bother with the religious one down the road since there are not that scientific. :D

My mechanic is a true magician, he was even persuaded to set foot inside the local church for the first time in more than 50 years... to repair the bells.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I'll obviously be persuaded by that ......................................................................................................................................... NOT. :rolleyes:
The word ignore is obviously associated with the concept of ignorance....read my first post to you and try and reply in a logical manner...

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
The word ignore is obviously associated with the concept of ignorance....read my first post to you and try any reply in a logical manner...

Nope still doesn't make any sense. Speculation is not evidence. Am I supposed to accept your beliefs as being true?

Last edited:

Fiohatari

I wouldn't argue. There are hundreds of religions and they all claim to be the rightful one. I believe that as individuals we have different spiritual needs and we have the right to fulfill those needs as we please, no one should have the right to push his/her beliefs into anyone. What I would differ from religions anyway (as someone who doesn't follow one) is that variety should set the path for tolerance and respect, yet is this type of situations (arguing about which is the true religion) what ultimately seems to turns people into each other.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I wouldn't argue. There are hundreds of religions and they all claim to be the rightful one. I believe that as individuals we have different spiritual needs and we have the right to fulfill those needs as we please, no one should have the right to push his/her beliefs into anyone. What I would differ from religions anyway (as someone who doesn't follow one) is that variety should set the path for tolerance and respect, yet is this type of situations (arguing about which is the true religion) what ultimately seems to turns people into each other.

True - and if, as I would propose, one just didn't ask such questions, then we wouldn't get into such a mess. :rolleyes:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Atheists only exist on non space faring planets. They do not know what they really are....ignorance!

You keep saying this stuff but it is only your opinion. :rolleyes: Unless you are an alien residing on Earth now?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
When you tire of your confinement to planet Earth, please feel free to go deeper into understanding of what and who you really are in the larger context of Kosmos..God Bless

And for you, chum - never needed any religion ta very much - there lies the way into the morass - so what exactly was it made you choose one particular path over another?