• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Complaints About Christianity?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Okay, what do I read in his mind? What were my motivations and what were his and where did he say he didn't?

Really. Stop and think about it.
You said,
"The idea that you may have just wanted to sin doesn't seem farfetched to me."

That is you trying to mind read. He has said something utterly to the contrary, but you think you know his REAL motivations, without any evidence at all.

For whatever its worth ChatGPT lists the following reasons someone raised in the church might leave Christianity. It adds to more than 100% because many people have more than one reason.

1. Intellectual Doubts: Around 20-30% of people who leave Christianity cite intellectual or theological doubts as a significant factor.
  2. Personal Experience: Roughly 15-25% leave due to negative personal experiences such as trauma or perceived hypocrisy.
  3. Moral or Ethical Disagreements: Approximately 15-20% may leave because of disagreements with church teachings on moral or ethical issues.
  4. Cultural or Social Factors: About 10-20% might be influenced by broader cultural or societal shifts towards secularism.
  5. Lack of Engagement: Around 10-15% leave due to a lack of personal connection or fulfillment from religious practices.
  6. Exposure to Different Beliefs: Approximately 10-15% may be influenced by encounters with other religious or philosophical perspectives.
  7. Church Teachings or Policies: About 10-15% leave because of disagreement with specific doctrines, policies, or the handling of controversial issues by church leaders.
  8. Desire for Autonomy: Roughly 5-10% leave due to a desire for personal freedom and autonomy in exploring their own beliefs.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
What if a member om this forum wrote a tread:

Your Complaints About hinduism​

do you really think people would accept that thread?
Yes, I know this post is 6 months old, but I stumbled on it from a jump in my Notices. I don't think a thread on Your Complaints About hinduism would attract much attention or many responses because, while there are approximatley 1.2 billion Hindus worldwide, Hinduism doesn't have the influence on, nor notoriety in most of the world that Christianity does. Many people don't even know the difference between Hinduism and Buddhism. For example, I have small pictures of several Hindu deities in my truck. I was once asked by a service tech (aka auto mechanic) if I'm Buddhist. :facepalm: Most of the West is Christianized; Christianity is very well-known. In the US, for example, many people think the US is a Christian nation, that it was "founded on Christian principles" (it never was and never will be, and it wasn't) . The only officially Hindu nation afaik is India (maybe Nepal too, I don't know). So I really think a thread like Your Complaints About hinduism would be a non-started, it would be DOA.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Yes, I know this post is 6 months old, but I stumbled on it from a jump in my Notices. I don't think a thread on Your Complaints About hinduism would attract much attention or many responses because, while there are approximatley 1.2 billion Hindus worldwide, Hinduism doesn't have the influence on, nor notoriety in most of the world that Christianity does.
Think again. Human nature is human nature. Hindus are not different from Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, or Atheists. I'm going to list just a few things, and it is not my intent to bash Hinduism -- people in this forum know that I respect everyone's right to their religion. But if a no one like me, halfway around the world in California, is aware of what is going on right now in India, you can assume that many others do as well.

India is a religious hotspot in the world. It has been so ever since the Brits left. And the problems seem to be escalating again. I cannot begin to describe the concern I feel for all Indian people. I'm not saying it is only the Hindus or only Muslims. I am quite certain that the Muslims I know would freak out if they knew the stories about kidnappings, rapes, and forced conversions. Are you just as freaked out by the actions of Hindus?

The Indian government has passed policies that have taken existing religious animosities, and amplified them. You have mob lynchings over cow protections. We saw religious riots such as at Gajurat in 2002 in which killed over a thousand people, mostly Muslims. We saw the 2008 anti-Christian riots in Kandhamal, Odisha, where dozens of Christians were killed, and thousands were displaced. Shall I address the horrific events that are still going on in Manipur? I don't want to belabor the point -- it is not necessary to list every atrocity. It just hurts me to see such violence over religion, and it doesn't matter to me which religion is doing the persecuting.

Like I said. I in no way am trying to single out Hindus as terrible evil people and everyone else is good. My point here is simply to say two things. The first is that Hindus are human beings like everyone else, the good, the bad, and the ugly. The second is to say that if I know about these things, I think it would be safe to assume others do as well.

We should all weep for this world.

anotherneil

One complaint or problem I have with Christianity is that its members want to try to convert me to their religion - I'm not interested; I "converted" to being non-religious. It's not just Christians roaming society trying to convert everyone to their religion, BTW; Muslims do the same.

At least I can ignore them or tell them to take a hike, but there's something else that bothers me way more than pesky religious zealots trying to convert me, which is religious zealots trying to use the state to take away my 1st Amendment right to separation of church and state (1st clause prohibiting the state/government from respecting an establishment of religion) here in the US, where I'm from and where I live.

We already have several cases of 1st Amendment infringement, such as adding "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance, governments trying to force religion in public schools in some states (e.g. requiring posters with religious content in every classroom), allowing school staff use school property as a venue to perform religious rituals during sports events, using religious books as hand placement props and having "so help me God" during public servant ceremonies for taking oaths or affirmation for taking their offices, allowing businesses like bakers to refuse services that they offer to the public for religious reasons, "In God We Trust" printed on legal tender, etc. All of that needs to be eliminated; it has no business existing in a nation of freedom from religion.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Do you have any complaints about Christianity?

What are some of the things about Christianity that you personally do not approve of; or accept in the contents of the bible?

Am a person who has limited interaction with others aside from the internet; curious to anyone and everyone and their thoughts on these things here at ReligiousForums.com.
One of my main problems with Christianity is the fact that the Gospels were written several decades after Jesus, by anonymous authors, with the synoptic problem.