• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Complaints About Christianity?

Jimmy

Veteran Member
I hear you and see. Are you conflicted regarding whether or not Jesus came and died, or do you not believe the Bible to be true?
I believe all of existence rises and falls with the birth and death of one man, in an endless cycle, who is living on earth right now.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I think Christians secretly think Jesus is alive in the flesh on earth at this very moment, but don’t admit it.
If you are going to accuse anyone of deliberately deceiving, you had better have ample evidence of their deceit, such as catching them when they think they are alone and they admit to the opposite.

You can't pretend that you read their minds. When anyone says, "You don't REALLY think/feel/believe that, you really think/feel/believe this other thing," that's abusive. In fact there is a very nasty, nasty slang term that labels this, but TOS prevent me from stating it.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
If you are going to accuse anyone of deliberately deceiving, you had better have ample evidence of their deceit, such as catching them when they think they are alone and they admit to the opposite.

You can't pretend that you read their minds. When anyone says, "You don't REALLY think/feel/believe that, you really think/feel/believe this other thing," that's abusive. In fact there is a very nasty, nasty slang term that labels this, but TOS prevent me from stating it.
Not accusing anyone nor am I “abusing” anyone. I’m stating what I think in general about a large group. It’s all good if you believe Jesus rose 2000 yrs ago. I’m cool with it.

tbrady_11

I believe all of existence rises and falls with the birth and death of one man, in an endless cycle, who is living on earth right now.
Do you mind if we continue this conversation, or would you just like to keep it to the discussion of the thread? I am just interested in learning what you think about and seeing how my views compare to yours.

tbrady_11

I think you should reconsider, since the both of you will get along like a house on fire.
What is so bad about having dialogues and trying to understand another's viewpoint? We must try to understand one another if we are ever going to see why one believes what he or she does.

GoodAttention

What is so bad about having dialogues and trying to understand another's viewpoint? We must try to understand one another if we are ever going to see why one believes what he or she does.

Do you see that envelope looking icon between your name and what appears to be a non-denominational liberty bell?

You can use it to communicate with other members privately, rather than inappropriately in a thread that never asked for it.

Thank you kindly.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Not accusing anyone nor am I “abusing” anyone. I’m stating what I think in general about a large group. It’s all good if you believe Jesus rose 2000 yrs ago. I’m cool with it.
It's really no different than Christians who dismiss us apostates and wave away what we went through. They don't really want to hear us out and they insist we were never really true Christians to begin with and we just wanted to sin. So if we suffered it doesn't matter. It could never be harmful doctrine, it's fake Christians and bad understandings of the Bible.
You're doing that same "this is what they really believe" thing and setting yourself up to wave away objections.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Wonderful. Would you say that you believe in a God, or maybe see the need for one because of the Creation around us?
My God is the infinite universe from which all wisdom flows and all things exist and is more important than anything.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
It's really no different than Christians who dismiss us apostates and wave away what we went through. They don't really want to hear us out and they insist we were never really true Christians to begin with and we just wanted to sin. So if we suffered it doesn't matter. It could never be harmful doctrine, it's fake Christians and bad understandings of the Bible.
You're doing that same "this is what they really believe" thing and setting yourself up to wave away objections.
I disagree.

I Am Hugh

Researcher
It's really no different than Christians who dismiss us apostates and wave away what we went through. They don't really want to hear us out and they insist we were never really true Christians to begin with and we just wanted to sin.

Isn't that true, though? I don't know your personal story that well, I didn't know that you were once Christian. For me, it was true. I just wanted to sin and I did. I couldn't change Christianity to suit me. I mean, I'm reading your sig. The idea that you may have just wanted to sin doesn't seem farfetched to me.

So if we suffered it doesn't matter.

I mean, I don't want to see anyone suffer but I would have advised you to be yourself. That doesn't mean to make someone else into you or you into someone else, it means be yourself.

It could never be harmful doctrine, it's fake Christians and bad understandings of the Bible.

I don't know what this means. modern-day Christianity morphed into something else, and it certainly has a history of destructiveness, but it was also destroyed in a sense when people changed it into something else.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Not accusing anyone nor am I “abusing” anyone.
You absolutely did accuse and were abusive. You said, and I quote, "
I think Christians secretly think Jesus is alive in the flesh on earth at this very moment, but don’t admit it.

I’m stating what I think in general about a large group.
And you have not a shred of evidence that what you are saying about them is true. Heck, I'm not even a Christian, and *I* am offended by this.
It’s all good if you believe Jesus rose 2000 yrs ago. I’m cool with it.
It's also good if you don't believe Jesus rose from the dead 2000 years ago. I'm cool with that.