• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Complaints About Christianity?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
IndigoChild5559 I have to ask... Jesus being the "Messiah" is not considered open for debate!?

Matthew 1:1 The Genealogy of Jesus the Messiah
This is the genealogy of Jesus the Messiah the son of David, the son of Abraham:

AND... Jesus being the New Passover Lamb is not considered open for debate!?

Luke 22:20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

Jesus' resurrection is not considered open for debate!?
John 20:26
A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!”
27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”
28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!
Oh yes, Jesus being the Messiah is very much open for debate.

However, your New Testament is not authoritative for me. It is not the word of God and is filled with errors and false teachings. It cannot be trusted. When it quotes from the Tanakh, it quotes it out of context, mistranslates it, and even makes up quotes that don't exist. We could start a whole sub-thread just on that. What I'm trying to say is that the quotes you gave above don't really do anything for me--you have wasted your breath. You need to quote from the Tanakh or use reasoning.

I on the other hand, have the following argument. Jesus is not the messiah because quite frankly he did not fulfill all the messianic prophecies. For example, the messiah will:
1. usher in an era of worldwide peace
2. bring all the Jews back to the promised land
3. will rule from Jerusalem

I am not moved by Christian claims that he will fulfill the rest when he comes back again. *I* could say, "Hey I'm the messiah. I'll fulfill the prophecies next time around." See what I'm saying? So don't even bother with that line of reasoning.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Oh yes, Jesus being the Messiah is very much open for debate.

However, your New Testament is not authoritative for me. It is not the word of God and is filled with errors and false teachings. It cannot be trusted. When it quotes from the Tanakh, it quotes it out of context, mistranslates it, and even makes up quotes that don't exist. We could start a whole sub-thread just on that. What I'm trying to say is that the quotes you gave above don't really do anything for me--you have wasted your breath. You need to quote from the Tanakh or use reasoning.

I on the other hand, have the following argument. Jesus is not the messiah because quite frankly he did not fulfill all the messianic prophecies. For example, the messiah will:
1. usher in an era of worldwide peace
2. bring all the Jews back to the promised land
3. will rule from Jerusalem

I am not moved by Christian claims that he will fulfill the rest when he comes back again. *I* could say, "Hey I'm the messiah. I'll fulfill the prophecies next time around." See what I'm saying? So don't even bother with that line of reasoning.
Being the heretic, I have my doubts about there actually being a "Messiah".:shrug:

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jesus was a human. He died as a sacrifice to his God. That's a human sacrifice.
It;s not quite as simple as that. Jesus was on a suicide mission eg Mark 2:20 ─ that is, his mission was from the start intended to end in his death. Thus instead of escaping he stays in Jerusalem and is arrested. Brought before Pilate he makes sure Pilate won't let him go. So was Jesus a sacrifice to God (who refused to let him off the hook when he prayed in the garden)?

It all sounds very theatrical, very like a planned sales campaign, no?

PureX

Veteran Member
It;s not quite as simple as that. Jesus was on a suicide mission eg Mark 2:20 ─ that is, his mission was from the start intended to end in his death. Thus instead of escaping he stays in Jerusalem and is arrested. Brought before Pilate he makes sure Pilate won't let him go. So was Jesus a sacrifice to God (who refused to let him off the hook when he prayed in the garden)?

It all sounds very theatrical, very like a planned sales campaign, no?
It is a story, after all. And one that intends to convey a number of theological ideals that involve the concept of self-sacrifice. So of course it would include a dramatic enactment of the concept.

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
Why do you criticize christianity but not other religions?

It is Double standars.

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
It is no point creating a tread like that. the tread will not be allowed and i don't like to critize religions

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
It is no point creating a tread like that. the tread will not be allowed and i don't like to critize religions
No?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

(Jesus)Yeshua (son of Mary/Meriam/Maryam) - the truthful Israelite Messiah ( he was not of Judaic descent) was never a "Christian"- a misnomer, it was/is never Yeshua's religion in his teachings as well as in his deeds, right, please?

Regards

I would say that Christianity comes off to me as a human sacrifice religion, which I am dead against.

I don't like how it deals with sin (the human sacrifice and related theology).

Last edited:

Jimmy

Veteran Member
I think Christians secretly think Jesus is alive in the flesh on earth at this very moment, but don’t admit it.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

(Jesus)Yeshua (son of Mary/Meriam/Maryam) - the truthful Israelite Messiah ( he was not of Judaic descent) was never a "Christian"- a misnomer, it was/is never Yeshua's religion in his teachings as well as in his deeds, right, please?

Last edited: