• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your opinion please about Islam.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I were to post the list of Islamic wars throughout the centuries it would take up so much space on this thread.
Are you at all familiar with the history of Christendom?
I can't be bothered with a list of the crimes against humanity Christians have committed either. I don't much care about religion and tend to think in terms of cultures. So no, I don't think Islamic culture is particularly more violent than Christian culture.
Tom

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

kaoticprofit

Are you at all familiar with the history of Christendom?
I can't be bothered with a list of the crimes against humanity Christians have committed either. I don't much care about religion and tend to think in terms of cultures. So no, I don't think Islamic culture is particularly more violent than Christian culture.
Tom

It impresses me that one could so deceived as to say.

I don't think Islamic culture is particularly more violent than Christian culture.

You're living in the past. Do you even watch or read the News? Christians NO LONGER commit these crimes and really haven't for centuries. If you want, I can post the list of people who have died in Ireland. That list is minuscule compared to even ONE Islamic attack!

Here's one anyway...
In fact, 19 Muslim radicals killed more innocent people in just two hours on September 11th than the number of non-combatants killed over Northern Ireland in three and a half decades.

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/articles/ira-islam.aspx

Islamic Terror
in Europe
(Since 2001)

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/europe-attacks.aspx

Take a look at this list!
List of Islamic Terror:

This list would take up about 3 pages of content! If the page wasn't copyright, I would post them all!

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/attacks.aspx?Yr=2015

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Who do you think attacked the USA on Sept. 11, 2001, Christians!
The Muslims we had been attacking for decades prior.

Usonian people like to believe that 9/11 was the beginning of a war, but it wasn't. It was only a battle that the Muslims, uncharacteristically, got the best of.
Compare it to our invasion of Iraq.
Tom

idav

Being
Premium Member
I also wonder, though... don't the people who have religions with sacred texts and authorities consider following those to be quite logical? At the very least, these traditions must make sense to them or they would not follow them, right? Islam makes sense to Muslims, and all that. Parts don't make sense to outsiders, yeah... that's to be expected I think. Lots of people don't get the alcohol prohibition, I imagine, but I'm totally on board with that and probably for completely different reasons... lol.
It will always be logical in the sense that, this book is the truth with a capital T, therefore it follows that it should be the law of the land. However plenty of people I presume believe their sacred texts to be true which is where freedom of religion comes into play. Believing a sacred text to be true doesn't necessarily mean that said Truths are logical outside of the religious paradigm. It comes down to not being able to satisfy everyone so no religion will get special treatment when it comes to the law of the land. If something is true then it should be easy enough to convince the masses without even resorting to religion or religious text.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
It will always be logical in the sense that, this book is the truth with a capital T, therefore it follows that it should be the law of the land. However plenty of people I presume believe their sacred texts to be true which is where freedom of religion comes into play. Believing a sacred text to be true doesn't necessarily mean that said Truths are logical outside of the religious paradigm. It comes down to not being able to satisfy everyone so no religion will get special treatment when it comes to the law of the land. If something is true then it should be easy enough to convince the masses without even resorting to religion or religious text.

Hmm. Sounds sensible enough, to this one's biases. But being the overthinking person I am, I then go "but wait... sciences are a huge part of my religion and science books are like religious texts to me... WHAT NOW?!?!" :eek:

Talmai

This religion claims 2.1 BILLION adherents.
Only 15% engage in and/or support violent jihad.
(What is 15% of 2.1 billion anyway?)

According to this April 2015 article Islam has 1.6 billion adherents.

I did the math; if 15% of Islam's adherents engage in and/or support violent jihad then that is 240,000,000 people. The US population is currently numbered a little over 324,600,000 people.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
According to this April 2015 article Islam has 1.6 billion adherents.

I did the math; if 15% of Islam's adherents engage in and/or support violent jihad then that is 240,000,000 people. The US population is currently numbered a little over 324,600,000 people.

Wow!
That is a lot of supporters of violent jihad!

http://www.centerforsecuritypolicy....uslims-shows-thousands-support-shariah-jihad/

World Public Opinion: 83% of Egyptians approve of attacks on American troops.
26% of Indonesians approve of attacks on American troops.
26% of Pakistanis approve of attacks on American troops.
68% of Moroccans approve of attacks on American troops.
90% of Palestinians approve of attacks on American troops.
72% of Jordanians approve of attacks on American troops.
52% of Turks approve of some or most groups that attack Americans

19 million Muslims for jihad…and that’s just in Indonesia

I'm not going to bother copy/paste all the polls are reports.
You can do that for yourself if interested.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Being anti-Islamic is most often synonymous with TRUTH! I can't help it if facts expose the truth about the religion of Islam.
You will be hard pressed to find a more strident critic of Islam on ReligiousForums.com than I. Again, I urge you to resist relying on sources that are mired in hatred, inaccuracy and distortion. That is the low-hanging fruit. Trust me, if you learn about Islam from authentic Islamic sources you will have more than enough ammo to continue your personal jihad against Islam.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Wow!
That is a lot of supporters of violent jihad!

http://www.centerforsecuritypolicy....uslims-shows-thousands-support-shariah-jihad/

19 million Muslims for jihad…and that’s just in Indonesia

I'm not going to bother copy/paste all the polls are reports.
You can do that for yourself if interested.
That's the quirk of polls though, you can get them to say pretty much anything you want depending on how the questions are asked. I'm fairly confident that you would get comparable numbers from people in the "western" world who would be happy with carpet-nuking Muslim countries back into the stone age.... as long as the fallout could be minimized, of course - if indeed the enthusiastic supporters of carpet-nuking understand what fallout is, that is.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
What do expect when "American troops" have either been bombing the crap out of them or supplying, arming, and propping up the people trying to kill them?

jeager106

Premium Member
About 10 years ago in one North African Muslim dominated country, there was a contest for youth as to who could recite the most verses from the Koran correctly. The 3rd place winner got and AK-47. The second place winner got and AK-47 and some cash. The first place winner got an AK-47, some cash, and two shinny, brand new hand grenades!

Sadly this is promoted by Islam everywhere.
I wish I had an AK-47.
OH! I DOhave three AR15's and thousands of rounds of ammo.:D
And a couple 1911 type .45 autos, .357 magnums, sniper rifles, and.....................................well you know.

Sadly no grenades.
But I DO have explosives.:D
Sadly to comply with Federal regs I have a bit under the legal 40 pounds.
I know how to make boomers.
Trained in bomb schools you see.
Legal bomb schools.
I made explosives when younger in a powder mill.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Hmm. Sounds sensible enough, to this one's biases. But being the overthinking person I am, I then go "but wait... sciences are a huge part of my religion and science books are like religious texts to me... WHAT NOW?!?!" :eek:
Haha, those sort of sacred texts don't have to rely so much on just their word.

jeager106

Premium Member
What do expect when "American troops" have either been bombing the crap out of them or supplying, arming, and propping up the people trying to kill them?

Qualify that with verifiable citations to back up a mere statement of opinion please.