• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your saved as soon as you accept jesus.

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram deciple ji

What if I said I could accept Jesus for what I think he is saying , ...but that I canot accept the Bible (which to me having grown up in a christian educational system seems to be quite contradictory in places) ?

personaly I feel that one would have to more than just accept Jesus , ...but that one would at least have to try to live by what he taught ?

Simplelogic

16And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. Matt 19: 16-17

25And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? 26He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? 27And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. 28And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live. Luke 10: 25-28

If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have
kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love John 15:10

"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. John 14:15

In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, 1John 5: 3

And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love. 2 John 1:6

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work (anomia) lawlessness. Matt 7: 21-23

14Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. Rev 22: 14

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
well everytime christians say this they mean you must accept mainstream pauline christianity & you are saved.
christians tell me i dont really believe in jesus because i dont believe in jesus the way paul tells us to.
Paul preaches what Jesus teaches.
You just do not understand Paul.

Draka

Wonder Woman
What do we need saved from? Honestly? If Jesus is saving people what is it from? The only thing I can see is perhaps from his own sadistic vindictive father. So here's this son of a god, telling people to be his friend and listen to him and he'll smooth things over with his Pops for them?

The issue with this is that if you don't believe in this sadistic vindictive god then you really have no inkling that you need to be saved from anything. You simply don't need it, so why bother seeking it out?

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
People think there is some process to go through, but it isn't the case. All one has to do is accept Jesus, and their saved. No magic ceremonies required.

Thanks

You can keep him... I have no need to be saved from nothing. Thanks though

Goblin

Sorcerer
What I say is relevant. What I am talking about is God's Truth.

Jesus saves us when he accepts us. We have to accept Jesus. Our faith alone is not enough to be accepted. We must have faith with obedience. Faith with obedience is alive. Faith without action is dead..

Goblin

Sorcerer
Paul preaches what Jesus teaches.
You just do not understand Paul.

jesus was pretty vague. paul preached a codified worldview and religion based on the worship of jesus. making loving thy neighbor secondary to idolizing christ.

paul is a guy who never met jesus, he gains his "authority" from hanging out with peter for 15 days.
but on that note i dont even think peter understood jesus let alone paul.

far far from loving thy neighbor Peter is the guy who got angry at a slave/messanger and cut his ear off. just cause he didnt like the news he brought.
peter and paul werent exactly saints. i dont think they could comprehend jesus' message.
peter was a thug & paul was a superstitious pagan.

Yes

jesus was pretty vague. paul preached a codified worldview and religion based on the worship of jesus. making loving thy neighbor secondary to idolizing christ.

paul is a guy who never met jesus, he gains his "authority" from hanging out with peter for 15 days.
but on that note i dont even think peter understood jesus let alone paul.

far far from loving thy neighbor Peter is the guy who got angry at a slave/messanger and cut his ear off. just cause he didnt like the news he brought.
peter and paul werent exactly saints. i dont think they could comprehend jesus' message.
peter was a thug & paul was a superstitious pagan.
You are merely picking and choosing what you want to believe out of the Bible, and then judging those whom Jesus has chosen.

Goblin

Sorcerer
no im just picking jesus words. and ignoring those who arrogantly decided what jesus meant. like paul.
i dont know what jesus meant, but have some ideas, thats up to everyone to interpret.

paul is not the messiah, he just some guy who joined the early christians.

Yes

What do we need saved from? Honestly? If Jesus is saving people what is it from? The only thing I can see is perhaps from his own sadistic vindictive father. So here's this son of a god, telling people to be his friend and listen to him and he'll smooth things over with his Pops for them?

The issue with this is that if you don't believe in this sadistic vindictive god then you really have no inkling that you need to be saved from anything. You simply don't need it, so why bother seeking it out?

Jesus opens our eyes and turns us from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God.

Goblin

Sorcerer
the gnostics had an interesting view.

sometimes God is all love, and sometimes God is all vindictive and jealous.

maybe the vindictive jealous God is an impostor, like an angel or demon