• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your saved as soon as you accept jesus.

Servant_of_the_One1

Lol we muslims already accept Jesus and love Jesus peace be upon him.
But u ask from us to accept idolatry and worshiping others beside Allah. That is something we wont accept and willl continue to reject until Allah comes with a judgement.

[Quran 16:123] Then we inspired you (O Muhammad) to follow the religion of Abraham, monotheism; never was he an idol-worshiper."

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Though I have run into many "God-hating" Atheist as well who seem to proselytize more than christians do!

How is that even possible? At first glance the means seem to be lacking, as are the motivation and the receptivity.

Perhaps I am not quite understanding what you mean here?

It appears that any concept which becomes an institution is capable of rejecting critical thinking over time.

That is certainly true, but I'm not sure that it applies. It is certainly drammatically more dangerous to uncritically hold a belief in God than to uncritically lack it.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Jesus opens our eyes and turns us from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God.
There is no Satan, and if your god exists it seems it covers far more of "Satan's" territory than anything good. Sorry, but in regards to that mythology I already have my eyes wide open. That's precisely why I don't follow it.

Simplelogic

How is that even possible? At first glance the means seem to be lacking, as are the motivation and the receptivity.

Perhaps I am not quite understanding what you mean here?

That is certainly true, but I'm not sure that it applies. It is certainly drammatically more dangerous to uncritically hold a belief in God than to uncritically lack it.
What I mean is that there are sincere people who are Atheist. They are honest in their pursuit of truth and they ask difficult questions. There are also many wannabe Atheist who simply parrot the institutionalized dogma's of Atheism which they have never truly searched out themselves. They are no different then most christians.

kjw47

That scripture is about our having to repent of our sins to be saved.

This is what I see-- this is judgement time scenario--and Jesus said--MANY-- all of those powerful things they accomplished for Jesus, I would say they--THOUGHT AND WERE CONVINCED-- they had a powerful love for Jesus. and were surely called Christian( no others do those things in Jesus name)-- told were saved or born again by men who have 0 clue as to who can endure till the end( Matt 10:22)
they were not taught to accomplish this-John 4:22-24-Jehovah.
So final judgement---GET AWAY FROM ME--you worker of iniquity--I must confess-- I--NEVER-- even knew you.

Jaws will drop.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
What I mean is that there are sincere people who are Atheist. They are honest in their pursuit of truth and they ask difficult questions. There are also many wannabe Atheist who simply parrot the institutionalized dogma's of Atheism which they have never truly searched out themselves. They are no different then most christians.

I truly don't know what you are talking about. Or maybe I just care considerably more about the dangers of blind belief.

Simplelogic

I truly don't know what you are talking about. Or maybe I just care considerably more about the dangers of blind belief.
If you do, you should understand what I am talking about. There are many Atheist who hold blind belief to institutional dogmas without searching it out.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
If you do, you should understand what I am talking about. There are many Atheist who hold blind belief to institutional dogmas without searching it out.

Uh, no, I truly have no idea of what you are talking about. Or even how that could possibly happen.

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
There is no Satan, and if your god exists it seems it covers far more of "Satan's" territory than anything good. Sorry, but in regards to that mythology I already have my eyes wide open. That's precisely why I don't follow it.
Why is it that you can say that and your post remain, but if I say that my post will be deleted?

Yes

You are a slave to sin. That is proof enough.

Yes

This is what I see-- this is judgement time scenario--and Jesus said--MANY-- all of those powerful things they accomplished for Jesus, I would say they--THOUGHT AND WERE CONVINCED-- they had a powerful love for Jesus. and were surely called Christian( no others do those things in Jesus name)-- told were saved or born again by men who have 0 clue as to who can endure till the end( Matt 10:22)
they were not taught to accomplish this-John 4:22-24-Jehovah.
So final judgement---GET AWAY FROM ME--you worker of iniquity--I must confess-- I--NEVER-- even knew you.

Jaws will drop.
Why don't you believe what Jesus says? Jesus says they are workers of iniquity. Iniquity is sin. We are not saved because we cast out demons in Jesus' name. We are saved by repenting of our sins and obeying Jesus.

kjw47

Why don't you believe what Jesus says? Jesus says they are workers of iniquity. Iniquity is sin. We are not saved because we cast out demons in Jesus' name. We are saved by repenting of our sins and obeying Jesus.

Yes, living to do Gods will , Jesus taught there-- these enter Gods kingdom( be saved)--
Repentence = the stopping of the doing of sin--like these two lists-1Cor 6:9-11--Galations 5:19-21--- there are other major sins one does not ever practice besides these two lists as well. One does this-Matt 16:24--and this is how one is actually born again in a sense--Ephesians 4:22-24--- strip off the old personality( worker of iniquity) and put on the new personality( righteous)- with our whole heart,soul, mind, and strength. 24/7 365( this is Gods will)

AllanV

Satan is the name given to what goes on in the personality. It is difficult so see own self as others do. The self, the part of a person that is ruled somewhat by prompting and temptation to do things against conscience. The worst things of narcissism may be resisted but generally some are given into and they become the person. While interacting with others we learn to react or counter or agree and it all becomes automatic and then we become impure as we express off the heart. A personal belief evolved from life experience is projected from inside a person as an energy that can be read. Body language and actions then proceed to agree with the inner workings of consciousness. All behavior and the feeling and emphasis in speech is ruled by Satan. Everyone lives in the kingdom of Satan.
His aim is to disrupt God's plan for the earth by destroying it and everything on it. What motivates people to invent some of the things they do? What makes them so destructive? What makes them manipulate and control?

AllanV

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

The big problem is believing and then expressing this from a pure heart. Every person is ruled in their minds and their hearts are defiled. This is what needs to be overcome. How does a person purify the heart?

Christians so called are deceived into thinking in their own minds and heart that it is all done for them automatically. But are they like Jesus? Does God indwell with power?

Draka

Wonder Woman
Why is it that you can say that and your post remain, but if I say that my post will be deleted?
What about it would cause deletion? I didn't insult you, call you a name, nothing. You would be free to say much the same kind of comment, though apparently you would not say exactly what I did as you actually seem to believe in Satan.

You are a slave to sin. That is proof enough.
I am not a slave to sin. There us no such thing as sin. I can't be a slave to something that doesn't exist. One may consider themselves a slave to the state perhaps if they don't like the idea of taxes, but there are no actual slaves here. No one is owned, certainly not me.

AllanV

What about it would cause deletion? I didn't insult you, call you a name, nothing. You would be free to say much the same kind of comment, though apparently you would not say exactly what I did as you actually seem to believe in Satan.

I am not a slave to sin. There us no such thing as sin. I can't be a slave to something that doesn't exist. One may consider themselves a slave to the state perhaps if they don't like the idea of taxes, but there are no actual slaves here. No one is owned, certainly not me.
Sin means to not measure up or to miss the mark. Adam and Eve took on a rebellious nature with a consciousness to match and were then kept away from the tree of life and immortality. It was hidden from them and everyone else by genetics. They missed the mark to being immortal by not measuring up. Any person has an opportunity now to recover what was lost. But this requires a nature change that is mind altering because people are full of all manner of personality traits that are not helpful.
Some people like to think that they are already immortal in a spiritual sense. That is not what I understand.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Sin means to not measure up or to miss the mark. Adam and Eve took on a rebellious nature with a consciousness to match and were then kept away from the tree of life and immortality. It was hidden from them and everyone else by genetics. They missed the mark to being immortal by not measuring up. Any person has an opportunity now to recover what was lost. But this requires a nature change that is mind altering because people are full of all manner of personality traits that are not helpful.
Some people like to think that they are already immortal in a spiritual sense. That is not what I understand.
Well,whether or you understand something or not is not the basis for what really is or is not. Your inadequacy does not determine reality. Fact is, you could be wrong. About everything, about part of it, about something. You don't know, you believe. That's why they are called belief systems. Your beliefs have no real consequence upon mine nor mine upon yours and neither can be empirically proven.

Last edited: