• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your saved as soon as you accept jesus.

Goblin

Sorcerer
not consciously. i will weed out every slave tendancy in my psyche.
thats as honest as it gets.
everyone wants to tell you how to live, what to do. id rather tell people how to live, what to do.

there are two people in this world. leaders and followers. masters and slaves, shepherds and sheep. Christs and disciples.

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
not consciously. i will weed out every slave tendancy in my psyche.
thats as honest as it gets.
everyone wants to tell you how to live, what to do. id rather tell people how to live, what to do.

there are two people in this world. leaders and followers. masters and slaves, shepherds and sheep. Christs and disciples.
You cannot stop submitting.

Either you are a slave to righteousness, or a slave to sin.

Goblin

Sorcerer
lucifer isnt a person. hes a christianized version of earlier horned gods.

the horned God is a symbol for the animal urge inside all beings. hence he is half animal, his horns represent the duality of want and wanted, subject and object.
he is the id (in freud psychology) the unconditioned urge, or true will dwelling in the heart of all beings.
in otherwords I AM LUCIFER

christians tend to be so empirical about everything. esoteric beliefs tend to be more symbolized

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I find it interesting that I agree with more and more remarks from Atheist. Especially when confronting this "belief and be saved" crap. Why would God want to create a loophole for horrible people to abuse.

Did you happen to stumble at some point over my hypothesis about the role of atheists in God's plan, if he does exist?

Simplelogic

i dont worship anything. i am everything. try to understand, hopefully your head doesnt explode.
Lucifer is a self promoter. Just like you. I could care less whether you believe in the actually being. You are a horrible person.

Simplelogic

lucifer isnt a person. hes a christianized version of earlier horned gods.

the horned God is a symbol for the animal urge inside all beings. hence he is half animal, his horns represent the duality of want and wanted, subject and object.
he is the id (in freud psychology) the unconditioned urge, or true will dwelling in the heart of all beings.
in otherwords I AM LUCIFER

christians tend to be so empirical about everything. esoteric beliefs tend to be more symbolized
I'm no Christian

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I sure haven't. I would love to see it. You may appreciate this website.

Atheists for Jesus

The guy who started this is a very sincere person who I respect very much.

In a nutshell:

Taking as a premise that atheism is unpleasant to God (the Abrahamic conception of same), how come it exists at all?

Certainly not because he lacks the power to get rid of it. For whatever reason, he accepts its existence even while so many people who claim to be following some of various competing forms of His True Message are convinced that our existence is disrespectful to Him.

Yet, I am an atheist. I know for a fact that I am not a monster attempting to destroy God's work or something like that.

How to reconcile all that? One obvious way is by deciding that God does not exist. Another, perhaps less likely but certainly more interesting to consider, is that regardless of what many people think God does in fact have no particular beef with Atheists. He certainly has no need of our acceptance, at the very least.

One speculative reason why that would be so: God does in fact have a purpose, if not an outright need, for Atheists. And assuming that to be true, the purpose seems to be fairly self-evident. We are the living reminders of the foolishness of listening to dogma without questioning it. Of being attached to words without developing heart and mind. We give our theistic brothers reasons to aim to better understand what a healthy religious doctrine is and what it is not, transcending the dead letter of the text and developing a living understanding in their own persons.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
People think there is some process to go through, but it isn't the case. All one has to do is accept Jesus, and their saved. No magic ceremonies required.

Thanks
I believe it to be a bit more involved. My belief states that a person must turn away from his or her sin (repent) as well. :) You're right, though, no magic ceremonies that I'm aware of.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I believe it to be a bit more involved. My belief states that a person must turn away from his or her sin (repent) as well. :) You're right, though, no magic ceremonies that I'm aware of.
Haha I just realized 'accepting Jesus' means to many people 'not heeding his words'.

Last edited:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Christians are remarkably more reasonable and compelling when explaining religious beliefs they do not personally hold.

Tom

kjw47

People think there is some process to go through, but it isn't the case. All one has to do is accept Jesus, and their saved. No magic ceremonies required.

Thanks

What about these Christians( Matt 7:21-23) at judgement time that hear these words from Jesus---GET AWAY FROM ME-YOU WORKER OF INIQUITY, I MUST CONFESS--I NEVER EVEN KNEW YOU.
Looks to me like some Jaws will drop to the floor, because of beliefs like yours. And Jesus said--MANY.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
What about these Christians( Matt 7:21-23) at judgement time that hear these words from Jesus---GET AWAY FROM ME-YOU WORKER OF INIQUITY, I MUST CONFESS--I NEVER EVEN KNEW YOU.
Looks to me like some Jaws will drop to the floor, because of beliefs like yours. And Jesus said--MANY.

Not sure what your point is. 'accepting Jesus' doesn't just mean saying you accept Jesus.

Last edited:

Simplelogic

In a nutshell:

Taking as a premise that atheism is unpleasant to God (the Abrahamic conception of same), how come it exists at all?

Certainly not because he lacks the power to get rid of it. For whatever reason, he accepts its existence even while so many people who claim to be following some of various competing forms of His True Message are convinced that our existence is disrespectful to Him.

Yet, I am an atheist. I know for a fact that I am not a monster attempting to destroy God's work or something like that.

How to reconcile all that? One obvious way is by deciding that God does not exist. Another, perhaps less likely but certainly more interesting to consider, is that regardless of what many people think God does in fact have no particular beef with Atheists. He certainly has no need of our acceptance, at the very least.

One speculative reason why that would be so: God does in fact have a purpose, if not an outright need, for Atheists. And assuming that to be true, the purpose seems to be fairly self-evident. We are the living reminders of the foolishness of listening to dogma without questioning it. Of being attached to words without developing heart and mind. We give our theistic brothers reasons to aim to better understand what a healthy religious doctrine is and what it is not, transcending the dead letter of the text and developing a living understanding in their own persons.
Well said.

Simply put. It seems that logic and critical thinking have become too inconvenient to most religious institutions. Atheist have filled a void and dared to confront difficult issues. A quality that all people should possess. Though I have run into many "God-hating" Atheist as well who seem to proselytize more than christians do! It appears that any concept which becomes an institution is capable of rejecting critical thinking over time.

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!

That scripture is about our having to repent of our sins to be saved.