• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your saved as soon as you accept jesus.

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
Jesus, actually. It seems you don't know your Bible, which is no surprise at all. Matthew 5:17-19, Luke 16:17, Mark.7:9-13, 2 Peter 20-21, John 10:35 and many more. But you seem to only pay attention to the parts you like.
You do not understand those scriptures.
Jesus fulfilled the old Law.
The old Law was a shadow. There are no shadows in Christ.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
What teachings of Jesus did you obey? .. You know you were putting God down. ,, I am telling you what my Book says about other gods. If you do not want to know what the Holy Bible says then so be it
You forget that I am blind to the glory of God and of hardened heart. What is Jesus to me? .. If I did, I would not know, all his doing. .. Do you mean - to know what Bible says, I have to buy your book? ;)

Yes

You forget that I am blind to the glory of God and of hardened heart. What is Jesus to me? .. If I did, I would not know, all his doing. .. Do you mean - to know what Bible says, I have to buy your book? ;)
Didn't you say you had obeyed Jesus before?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
That was some other person. You are confused. Why would a Hindu believing in non-duality (meaning no-God), an atheist, follow Jesus, who is claimed to be the Son of God?

Yes

That was some other person. You are confused. Why would a Hindu believing in non-duality (meaning no-God), an atheist, follow Jesus, who is claimed to be the Son of God?
You answered a reply I made to someone else. Why wouldn't I think that you were claiming his same situation?

Yes

Very cryptic .. perhaps you'd like to tell us what that means?
The Jews had the old law with its ceremonial works to make themselves clean to worship God.
Those works were being circumcised, observing special days, adhering to dietary law, doing various external washings, and sacrificing animals. Those things were a shadow of Jesus. Those things were teaching tools to lead us to Christ. NO ONE has to get circumcised in the flesh anymore just to worship God. Since it is no longer a requirement from God, it has become as mutilation of the flesh. Since no one has to adhere to a dietary law anymore, it has become as only a mere diet of choice. Since no one has to do various external washings anymore, it has become only bathing. No one has to sacrifice animals anymore, for Jesus is the Sacrificial Lamb of God who died once and for all for our sins. To sacrifice an animal to God now would be a horrific thing to do. No one has to observe special days anymore, the special days were about Jesus. We are to observe Jesus all day everyday.

Through faith in Jesus' shed blood we are washed. We receive the Holy Spirit and are then circumcised in the flesh. All can come to God through Jesus for salvation.

Madtown

Through faith in Jesus' shed blood we are washed. We receive the Holy Spirit and are then circumcised in the flesh. All can come to God through Jesus for salvation.

Who's "we"? What if you've never heard of Jesus? What if you're a human creation of God, yet God placed you by birth in a corner of the world where Christianity doesn't exist and isn't practiced? How does someone with no concept of the existence of Jesus come to God?

Yes

Who's "we"? What if you've never heard of Jesus? What if you're a human creation of God, yet God placed you by birth in a corner of the world where Christianity doesn't exist and isn't practiced? How does someone with no concept of the existence of Jesus come to God?
If a person dies never hearing God's Truth, then they are like the ones who have not been given much.

Luke 12:48 But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

Leviticus 5:17
"If anyone sins and does what is forbidden in any of the LORD's commands, even though they do not know it, they are guilty and will be held responsible.

Yes

Actually, Jesus has saved everyone. But not everyone accepts this. Jesus didn't die for only a select few.

Jesus chooses whom he will save.

Jesus chooses those he accepts.

Jesus accepts those who obey him, those who fear God and do what is right.

See Acts 15:8, Acts 10:35, and Acts 5:32.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Jesus chooses whom he will save.

Jesus chooses those he accepts.

Jesus accepts those who obey him, those who fear God and do what is right.

See Acts 15:8, Acts 10:35, and Acts 5:32.

You're a Calvinist? God calls everyone, but not all answer the call. God doesn't pick and choose who to save. Salvation is a gift offered to all.

Yes

You're a Calvinist?
No. Calvinism is full of false doctrines.

God calls everyone, but not all answer the call.
That is right.

God doesn't pick and choose who to save.
Of course, Jesus chooses whom he will live with.

I have many scriptures to show us that Jesus chooses whom he will save.

Salvation is a gift offered to all.

Jesus chooses whom he will save and make his home with.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
.. NO ONE has to get circumcised in the flesh anymore just to worship God. Since it is no longer a requirement from God, it has become as mutilation of the flesh. Since no one has to adhere to a dietary law anymore, it has become as only a mere diet of choice. Since no one has to do various external washings anymore, it has become only bathing. No one has to sacrifice animals anymore, for Jesus is the Sacrificial Lamb of God who died once and for all for our sins. To sacrifice an animal to God now would be a horrific thing to do..

This is dogma .. incorrect dogma at that. You won't find all the above in the Bible..

You suggest that Jesus, peace be with him, taught that circumcision was now mutilation, the eating of pigs was no longer 'unclean', the sacrifice of animals (to please God) no longer pleases Him (because Jesus is God), we no longer need to wash regularly etc. etc.

It's corruption .. it's falsehood .. it's wishful thinking, just like those who believe in heaven but not in hell!