• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your username

Trey of Diamonds

I can't remember if I posted mine or not so here you go. Trey of Diamonds is a reference to the tarot deck. Trey of Diamonds translates to the three of pentacles which is for teamwork.

pents031.jpg

Daemon Sophic

Hi everybody,

This is my first post in this forum. :namaste

As for the topic.....I have used Daemon (ghost, spirit, god, demon, etc....) and Sophic (sage, smart, thoughtful, smart-alecky, wisecracker, etc....) in several forums. My first (and still main) online forum I used a different name, and have often thought to change that one over to Daemon Sophic too. But then I would lose all my seniority cred. :cover:

P.S. - Y'all have a GREAT selection of smilies here. :woohoo:

Mine was totally random.
I have lots of usernames.
Most common is cheMicAL vaMpiReSs OR cheMicAL aNgEL because of the music band; mY cheMicAL roMaNcE or just My Chemical Romance.
My username is always something to do with that band, like a song name or lyrics:angel2:

rageoftyrael

Veritas
kind of random, i used it for an email, thought it was cool. just like angel names, think they are cool, and the idea of an angel's rage seems pretty cool too. basically, not a whole lot of thought put into it, i just thought it sounded cool, cool!

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
kind of random, i used it for an email, thought it was cool. just like angel names, think they are cool, and the idea of an angel's rage seems pretty cool too. basically, not a whole lot of thought put into it, i just thought it sounded cool, cool!
Made me think of the game Diablo :D

Seven

six plus one
I would have just used my name (Cody) but it was already taken. For some strange reason Seven was the first word that sprung to mind.

verecund

I like words. I like words that aren't often used, even if the meaning is known (indubitably, superfluous)... and words with lesser known meanings (defenestration). Some words, I just like how they sound, or how they look, or I like the combination of letters.

I stumbled upon "verecund" a while back. It's an old word, one that I don't think is used today, and it means bashful/modest. I like the letter v and don't see a ton of words that start with it. And I like the "And I'm modest, too!" jokes. (Also, once upon a time "modest" was a word often used to describe me... but it wasn't really fitting, because I wasn't modest, I was self-hating. I have a more realistic view of myself now, so I'm neither of those, but I'm still very much bashful!)

Muffled

Jesus in me
I have to link to my friend Gnostic's website, Timeless Myths for this answer. When I came online in about 1993 or so I wanted a name that stood out from others, so I went through the Prose Edda of Snorri Sturrleson, The Poetic Edda and the Nibelungenlied for some thoughts on the matter.

GF was a guild (or merry band) of pixel killers in the original Diablo universe from Blizzard. I maintained all my accounts through Diablo II under this name and now it has stuck. Trust me, frosty giants are not so bad, even if perhaps they have ice-water in their viens. :badger: (The guild was House of the Golden Falcon or HotGF).

Love the story MdmSzWhtGuy. That is the stuff legends are made out of!

Ymir won hands down. They claim he was "evil" but frankly he was your basic marshmellow, although he can get pretty testy over the mention of Loki and the boys. :yes:

At least it isn't HelGF. Frosty giants are nicer. It seems my wife is related to some of those mythical persons. Do you have any idea what Yngling means?

Muffled

Jesus in me
I came to this site because I was frustrated with other sites that cut me off from posting for simply being a Christian and telling the truth.

I would change it here but my experience is that Christians aren't very welcome here and some of my posts get deleted.

I am more often asked about the Icon than the name. I am thinking of changing it.