• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your username

Luminous

non-existential luminary
I have seen the light... and i have walked out of the darkness... and the light has made me Luminous. Plus: Buddhism is the Luminous religion.

AlsoAnima

Friend
AlsoAnima is my way of saying "By the way, I'm human too." which people often forget when debating or discussing serious topics with one another.

Clover

Taoist & Shintoist Farmer
Clover is my name, cause I love the 3-leaf Clover, and I am glad ot be part-irish, and I plan on getting a tattoo of a clover on my face, but I might not be able to considering I want to work at a university, and I am pretty sure they would be iffy on allowing someone with one, even though I think that is rather dumb to assume someone is "wrong" for a university job, because of their choice of tattoo.

Amandus

My username is not a reference to the Catholic saint St. Amandus. It is a masculine variant of my name, Amanda. I use variants of my name as usernames, for example, אמנדה (Hebrew), Аманда (Russian) and Amandus (masculine). :)

Venatoris

Venatoris means "Hunter" in latin. Started using it in high school for Fps games and it stuck with me.
My younger sister uses "Venatrix" which is "huntress".

yginny900

My username is yginny.
The reason is like this:y stands for my surname and ginny is my given name.
I am a new member and so i say hi to all of u here.

Dezzie

My user name is Dezzie because that is what everyone calls me at work. My last name is too difficult for some people to say so they either call me Dezzie, Dee, or Dez.

The Neo Nerd

My name is Quaxotic pronounced chaotic kinda like Don Quixote.

I chose that because i'm a chaote and on other forums chaotic has been taken.

-Q

My name was given to me by a Christian friend who found my persoanl views to be antithetical to his reasoning thus he called me the antithesis of reason.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Engyo is my Buddhist name. En means round, or complete; and gyo means practice. I take this as a goal to strive towards, rather than a recognition of something I have already achieved.

Demonic Kitten

My name comes from a few different places and I just decided to stick them all together. I used Demonic because I have been called a demon on a few occasions..as well as evil, spawn of satan, and devil incarnate. Kitten is because while I am a human most people say that I have a cat like personality. I don't know where they get that idea from.. *stops sharpening claws* ^_^

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Yeah so I'm SURE this thread has been done before but I was just curious. I always wonder why people have the user name they do.

Mine is CDRaider because my name is Christina D and my schools mascot are the Raiders (we used to have this ugly red headed viking as our mascot but now we are wolves.. sucky mascot huh)

So what about yours?

Dirty Penguin just sounded cool....

I'm a computer guy so the "Penguin" comes from that. In the computer operating system world there is argument as to which is better (Micro$oft or Linux). The chief mascot for Linux is the penguin...which I'm a big fan of (Linux). It's a free operating system that incorporates a free MS Office style program that is, you guessed it, FREE....

So for me Dirty Penguin represents me....

I know...stupid huh?....Nerdy..huh...?...:D

Ubuntu Home Page | Ubuntu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6uFxxlKa4g&feature=related

Dirty Penguin just sounded cool....

I'm a computer guy so the "Penguin" comes from that. In the computer operating system world there is argument as to which is better (Micro$oft or Linux). The chief mascot for Linux is the penguin...which I'm a big fan of (Linux). It's a free operating system that incorporates a free MS Office style program that is, you guessed it, FREE....

So for me Dirty Penguin represents me....

I know...stupid huh?....Nerdy..huh...?...:D

Ubuntu Home Page | Ubuntu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6uFxxlKa4g&feature=related

I found Ubuntu a couple years ago. I haven't looked back I love free and I really like the Ubuntu operating system.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I found Ubuntu a couple years ago. I haven't looked back I love free and I really like the Ubuntu operating system.

Unfortunately I'm forced to use Micro$oft products at work...but after these holidays are over I think I'm going to upgrade my work laptop to the OS...

Oh... Go check this out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remastersys

I've used it and it is bad action. I used it to move my Ubuntu from one laptop to a new one.

Arkholt

Non-vessel
Mine's just a name I came up with out of my head, when I needed a new name for a MUD (online text-based RPG) I was playing. Then I started using it everywhere.

Pretty boring, I know. :)

LovebirdsFlying

Mrs. Brady
I used to be known as Cruztacean, a play on the fact that my maiden name was Cruz, and that I was born in late June (cancer, the crab.) Then I met and married my soulmate, and felt the need for a new identity. I went from being something soft and vulnerable with a hard outer shell, to something free that flies.

Line Noise

non practicing abs master
It interrupts my thoughts frequently.

To avoid the association from names I've used elsewhere.

referenced for which stories starting with "In my day" follows with grumblings about the complications of the ancient online world.