• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your username

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
After my mother saw my screenname once, she asked me if I was on drugs.. :p

She actually really thought that was what my name meant :|

Renji

Yeah so I'm SURE this thread has been done before but I was just curious. I always wonder why people have the user name they do.

Mine is CDRaider because my name is Christina D and my schools mascot are the Raiders (we used to have this ugly red headed viking as our mascot but now we are wolves.. sucky mascot huh)

So what about yours?

Lawrence is my username because it is my real name.;)

katiafish

consciousness incarnate
Katia because it is my name, and fish because it seems that every major turn in my life has been connected to the symbol of the fish or somehow had something to do with things that were metaphorically related to fish...

also.. keep on swimming....

nun.gif

Onkara

Onkarah is a variation of Omkara(h) in Sanskrit. It meas the word/syllable Om or aum which has vast significance in Eastern thought. In Punjabi onkara means one, as in one God. Having an interest in both Sikhism, hence the Punjabi, and in Vedanta philosophy, hence the Sanskrit, I opted for the less common spelling to come closer to the Punjabi in the Sikh Mool Mantra whilst keeping a foot in Vedanta and Sanskrit.

The Sikh Mul Mantra is said to summarise the Sikh religion in a short sentance (from wikipedia link):

English: One Universal Creator, the Name is Truth, Creative Being (personified), Without fear, Without hatred, timeless Image, beyond birth, Self-existent, by the Guru's Grace. Punjabi: ੴ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਕਰਤਾ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਨਿਰਵੈਰੁ ਅਕਾਲ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਅਜੂਨੀ ਸੈਭੰ ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥ ISO 15919 transliteration: Ika ōaṅkāra sati nāmu karatā purakhu nirabha'u niravairu akāla mūrati ajūnī saibhaṃ gura prasādi Simplified transliteration: Ik ōaṅkār sat nām kartā purkh nirbha'u nirvair akāl mūrat ajūnī saibhaṃ gur prasād ||

A chilled song version on you tube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3zUYK4YU8M

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Shadow Wolf is a name I've been using online for many years. I then used as a coven name when I followed a more trendy path of Paganism. Allthough I have used it briefly before on RF, I decided to use it again since "Luke Wolf" wouldn't work anymore after I came out.

StevieHummingbird

Singing, Dancing, Living
Stevie, because it is my nickname, I was named after Stevie Nicks, and hummingbird cause it is my spirit animal, and aren't they so pretty?:)