• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your username

Rhizomatic

Vaguely (Post)Postmodern
I use a different name on most of my other forums, and decided I would try something new when I got here. Rhizomatic (in addition to being a word whose aesthetic value has grown on me very significantly) is a reference to the model of analysis used by Deleuze and Guattari. It's also the thinking behind my avatar.

Lajila

Earth Child
A new friend of mine invited me to a Hindu Temple near him one time, it was the first time I had ever been and I was pretty nervous and awkward, so he gave me the Hindi name Lajila, which means shy :)

Boethiah

Penguin
"Boethiah" is a Daedric prince in the video game universe known as The Elder Scrolls. The game has a complex universe to it. The Daedric Princes are a group of Gods that have their own realms and sometimes like to mess with the affairs of those in the mortal realm. Boethiah is the Daedric prince of deception, rebellion, and the unlawful overthrow of authority. I like him best. :D

Twig pentagram

High Priest
Yeah so I'm SURE this thread has been done before but I was just curious. I always wonder why people have the user name they do.

Mine is CDRaider because my name is Christina D and my schools mascot are the Raiders (we used to have this ugly red headed viking as our mascot but now we are wolves.. sucky mascot huh)

So what about yours?
Twig is my nick name, and I love the pentagram symbol. It has so many different meanings and I've never heard one that I did'nt like.

When I joined my first forum, back in 2006, it was honestly not for the purpose of posting. I had been following a particular thread that I had stumbled upon accidentally, and had gotten curious about the people in it. The only way to look at a profile, of course, was to join... so I did. And chose a deliberately innocuous name. I had never seen a forum before, and had to learn how they work,etc. Ultimately, I ended up posting for about two years there, before deciding that the nastiness involved with an unmoderated forum far outweighed any good to be found. When I joined other boards, I decided to take my username with me, as other I knew had also joined, even though I was not thrilled with the name - too vague, it really says nothing about me. And even though none of my old posting friends know me here, I am now so used to it that it has become part of me. But who knows? Some may follow me here, which would not be a bad thing.

Just_me_Mike

I journeyed long and far, went through many names and identities. At the end of each day though, I was still just me. A man who likes to question everything I can, and try not to make the mistake of immortalizing my personal experience, as something more important than any of yours.

Just_me_Mike

Punnchy

I'm Punnchy because i beat up some kids back when I was in scouts like in the 6th grade and its stuck to me ever since.

luckybamboo92

I'm lucky bamboo because I have one, and have kept it living for more than a year now. Also, last year was a great year, and although it seems silly, I kinda associate the two with each other.

6Michael6Bennett6

At The Left Hand Ov God
666 represents that I am a satanist; even though I am atheistic, 666 is commonly referred to as the number of satan.
And the rest is just my name...

Dezzie

Dezzie is what my co-workers call me. My last name is difficult for some people to pronounce so they just call me Dezzie for short. I just got married though so my last name changed. lol So much for that nickname! :D

Orias

Left Hand Path
Orias is the demon who chose me to proclaim his self evidence.

This is so simply because of the ritual my cousin (Baal) and I preformed. A list of names written on individual papers (which was based upon our characteristics and personalities) was cast into the flames.

Only the outter edges of the paper burned, hence Orias choose me.

I am a very fond reader and follower of Anton LaVey, yet I do travel a separate path from Him.

So I guess you could say that I am Atheistically Theistic.

Ahanit

Ahanit is one part Of my magical name, it is Kemetik and means female warrior

I like this name it shows much of my life and my way forward in self created future ;)

Klaufi_Wodensson

Vinlandic Warrior
Klaufi: I went online to an old norse name generator haha, and this was the name I got. I happen to love the name, so I chose it.

Wodensson: Son of Woden, pretty self-explanatory.

Misty

Misty is just one of many of my usernames I use on forums. I came up with it when looking out of the window I saw a mist.