• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your username

elmarna

My User name is actually a statement.
El Amarna was the attempt of Akhetaten to reform & mold egypt into how he wanted it with no regaurds to the larger scale of things. This was a mistale.
SOoo...I wrote purposely the name wrong.
While the "feels good"period sounds like a good idea. Selfishness is never finding the great spirit of things in a good way.
Hope it is understood . By the way - it is still fitting to me in the fact lately I am makeing mistakes and striving to overcome!

kepha31

"kepha" (me), not Kepha (St. Peter) . It's Aramaic for my real name: Peter. Everybody knows Aramaic:sarcastic "Kepha" is rock in English. Since there is no gender in the Aramaic language, "Peterella" would be a conflicting term. :D

Yeah so I'm SURE this thread has been done before but I was just curious. I always wonder why people have the user name they do.

Mine is CDRaider because my name is Christina D and my schools mascot are the Raiders (we used to have this ugly red headed viking as our mascot but now we are wolves.. sucky mascot huh)

So what about yours?
FreeTHinker4eva=I believe we are to question religious authority-Jesus did. I do not accept human doctrine nor ego-driven words over Jesus' words-'eva'-To be called a heretic in Jesus' name is an honor and a label I wear with confidence knowing I Am in Divine Company
:faint:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
FreeTHinker4eva=I believe we are to question religious authority-Jesus did. I do not accept human doctrine nor ego-driven words over Jesus' words-'eva'-To be called a heretic in Jesus' name is an honor and a label I wear with confidence knowing I Am in Divine Company
:faint:
So you're a freethinker and a Christian?

Interesting. Not many Christians self-apply the label "freethinker"... or vice versa.

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
My username comes from a nickname I gave my cat.

His name was Phish, so named by his previous owner. He was a small maine coon cat (which means he was a regular sized cat :D), and as a result of his lounging outdoors (which was his favorite place) his long mane turned into dreadlocks.

So, at some point I randomly called him "dread phish."

He was either slightly not-there mentally (he had been hit by a car once) or slightly enlightened (hard to tell the difference sometimes :D ) , but he was never aggressive in any way, and was friendly to everybody, regardless of species. He also once acted as a mentor to a young homeless cat that started coming around.

There was definitely something special about him.

Walkntune

Walkntune has a two fold meaning.I am a guitarist and I walk in tune with music and with the Spirit of God.

Vasiel

The Seeker
Vasiel = Romanian variation of my first name. (William). Usually spelt Vasile, but I spell it the way I do to be... unique :p

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
I used to go by another name on the myspaz forums ( Chapter IX ). I found out one day that a band had it already when some kid emailed me asking if he could use lyrics in a report or something. I didn't like the band after researching them and figured they might find out I was "using" their name. I couldn't figure a new name out. So I asked my girlfriend and she was stumped, creativity level was low in us both. Her little sister came up with Viker which was short for "viking biker" because at the time I had a healthy beard and a Harley ( still got the bike :p ). I absolutely loved it and it stuck. It's even gone into my personal life. :p

Drax

Independent
It is a shortened variation of a name/title I was given when I first entered the LHP. The original name/title means... 'Dragon of Death' or 'Dragon (with) Death'.

Averroes

Yeah so I'm SURE this thread has been done before but I was just curious. I always wonder why people have the user name they do.

Mine is CDRaider because my name is Christina D and my schools mascot are the Raiders (we used to have this ugly red headed viking as our mascot but now we are wolves.. sucky mascot huh)

So what about yours?

I named myself Averroes because he was one of my favorite thinkers during his time and I believe in large part, a lot of my current beliefs resemble his. Averroes' actual name is ʾAbū l-Walīd Muḥammad bin ʾAḥmad bin Rušd.

Muslims may disagree, but I believe Averroes was the greatest Muslim philosopher (of course second to their Holy Prophet Muhammad).

Sgloom

sgloom, sundaygloom is also my xbox360 and PS3 tag.
i got it from a song called gloomy sunday originally composed by a hungarian pianist by the name of Rezso Seress. Its been remade and remixed countless times by various artist of various genres of music. The first version i heard was by billy holiday many many years ago, ive since listened to every version available, my favorite electronic producer venetian snares even remixed the billy holiday version. some take from it different meanings, depending on whose lyrics you go by, but the melody is always haunting

payak

mine is my nickname at the thai boxing camp i train at in Bangkok, It means tiger.
However they call me payak cow, white tiger.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Viker fits so fell with vaquero under it's right pronunciation and usage, it suits me. I like it and would consider naming one of my own after it.