• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

‘Jesus was WITH GOD’ therefore Jesus WAS GOD?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
How on earth do you conceive of that? A “Jew” is a “Yehudi”, this is a nisbah-type adjective describing one of the tribe of the progenitor Yehudah. Appearance only after the Babylonian exile? Why, the sojourn in Babylon is where and when the core of the Talmud…the Talmud Bavli…was composed, by Jews (of course) at their “Talmudic academies” in Pumbedita, Sura, and a few other places in Mesopotamia. Indeed, Babylon is where Rabbinic Judaism was born! I cannot fathom how you arrived at this.
I am being convinced at this point in my excursion on the religious forum trip that it doesn't matter to many what and how they think.

YoursTrue

Here’s a short review by my favorite book reviewer:
I would recommend reading the book. I’m not saying that Bloom was right (Black Oxford seems to think not), but it is interesting as all hell, and can but change how you think about scripture.
I'll look at the book.

YoursTrue

We are talking About a Canaanite Priest King MelchiZedek and Abraham - Worshiping and making sacrifices to the Most High God of the Canaanite Pantheon .. EL

Jesus wont walk the Earth for another 1800 years. .. although .. he is of the Priesthood of this Canaanite Priest King .. which is kind of cool that Jesus is joined to that Order. .. makes sense being a son of God and all ..
Here's what I do know though from the scriptures. God communicated with Moses in a way he did not do with Abraham, although the God of Abraham was the God of Moses. And Jesus. And Daniel. And Hosea. He communicated progressively according to His purpose.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
With all due respect, I think that was wishful thinking....
Don't count on others to employ logic just because you do. ;)
I think I knew that from the beginning… it was tongue-in-cheek.

But it SHOULD be a short thread but for the ones who desire fallacies and fantasies as part of their belief.

Sargonski

Here's what I do know though from the scriptures. God communicated with Moses in a way he did not do with Abraham, although the God of Abraham was the God of Moses. And Jesus. And Daniel. And Hosea. He communicated progressively according to His purpose.

So .. Jesus is not God according to you ..

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
GOD appointed Jesus as Heir:

God is not heir to God: A king is not heir to THE KING.

“On many past occasions and in many different ways, God spoke to our fathers through the prophets. but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things.” (Hebrews 1:1-2)

An appointed heir is a lesser person than the one who appointed him to bd heir.

And as an ‘APPOINTED’ heir )different from a NATURAL heir) it is to be understood that there would have been others who POSSIBLY could have been made so BUT WERE REJECTED on account of some failure in their capacity to fulfil the role of being heir.

Sargonski

“On many past occasions and in many different ways, God spoke to our fathers through the prophets. but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things.” (Hebrews 1:1-2)

And as an ‘APPOINTED’ heir )different from a NATURAL heir) it is to be understood that there would have been others who POSSIBLY could have been made so BUT WERE REJECTED on account of some failure in their capacity to fulfil the role of being heir.

Sure -- Hebrews is reflecting the Logos concept... none of the early Church Fathers .. including Paul believed that Jesus was "The Father" .. all were subordinantists .. believing Jesus was subordinate to the Father .. a lesser divinity of sorts :)

Brian2

Veteran Member
Sure -- Hebrews is reflecting the Logos concept... none of the early Church Fathers .. including Paul believed that Jesus was "The Father" .. all were subordinantists .. believing Jesus was subordinate to the Father .. a lesser divinity of sorts :)

They saw Jesus as the Son whose life comes from His Father and who honours and obeys His Father.
That does not go as far as subordinationism because it does not mean that the Son is a lesser divinity. All it means is that the Son submits to the will of His Father.

YoursTrue

GOD appointed Jesus as Heir:

God is not heir to God: A king is not heir to THE KING.

Jesus will turn everything over to the Father after his reign. Do you remember that?

101G

What a clueless response mate .. running around crying "Error error" without stating what the error is.. kind of like when they mess up the computer on Star Trek .. and it just repeats "Does not compute .. does not compute"
get a new computer (smile)
Can't help you mate .. Just telling you modern Scholarship .. El is the God of Abraham .. didn't mean to trigger this "thought stopping" response. Should get that checked out though .. someone got through defenses ... put something into subconscious .. causing this reaction .. need to do an extraction.. remove the poison lizard.
No help is need, El was not the God of Abraham.

101G.

YoursTrue

Jesus is the Son of God. And has been given all authority after his resurrection, by his God and Father. Jesus will then give back everything to the Father when all things are in subjection to him. It takes time and research to understand, along with God's spirit. Look up 1 Corinthians 15:24-25.

Zwing

El was not the God of Abraham.
It was by definition. Hebrew “El” and it’s derivatives “Eloha” and “Elohim” and its cognates eastern Semitic Akkadian ilum, southern Semitic Arabic إِل‎ (ʔil), إِلَٰه‎ (ʔilāh) and it’s own derivative اللّٰه‎ (allāh), as well as fellow northwest Semitic Aramaic אלה‎ (aláh) all descend from From Proto-Semitic *ʾil-, which simply meant “a deity”, “a god”. Since the word “el” meant “God” to a hypothetical (and that’s a whopper of a hypothesis!) Abraham, and YHVH, Baal, ands other contenders were all unknown to him, well then…

Last edited:

101G

Jesus is the Son of God. And has been given all authority after his resurrection, by his God and Father. Jesus will then give back everything to the Father when all things are in subjection to him. It takes time and research to understand, along with God's spirit. Look up 1 Corinthians 15:24-25.
I have a question for you concerning,1 Corinthians 15:24-25. if the Lord Jesus is delivering up the Kingdom to the Father, why is he sitting at the Right hand in Heaven if the Kingdom that is on Earth is to be delivered up unto to the Father?

1 Corinthians 15:24 "Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power." 1 Corinthians 15:25 "For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet." NOTICE THE TWO "HE" HERE IN THE VERSE. is this the same one person or someone else ...... like his Father maybe? .... (smile)

"delivered up" to surrender, i.e yield up, intrust, transmit. if he's giving over the Kingdom unto the Father why is God .... ("His Father making his enemies his foot stool .... until?").

now, knowing that above, question, 1 Corinthians 15:28 "And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all."

now, here's 101G question, how can God be subject to God if EQUAL? now, you said that JESUS is the Son of God .... correct. and all POWER has been Given unto him, (Jesus the Son), and that the Son, give back everything to the Father when all things are in subjection... right. so how can the Son be in subjection with all power..... for as said according to the scripture, "that God may be all in all." now if all in all how is the son Subject to the Father?

will be looking for your answer.

101G.

101G

LOL, LOL, Genesis 17:1 "And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect." and Almighty God is "I AM", H1961 הָיָה hayah (haw-yaw)..... (smile)

101G.

101G

It was by definition. Hebrew “El” and it’s derivatives “Eloha” and “Elohim” and its cognates eastern Semitic Akkadian ilum, southern Semitic Arabic إِل‎ (ʔil), إِلَٰه‎ (ʔilāh) and it’s own derivative اللّٰه‎ (allāh), as well as fellow northwest Semitic Aramaic אלה‎ (aláh) all descend from From Proto-Semitic *ʾil-, which simply meant “a deity”, “a god”.
ERROR
see above. ... (smile)

both of you need NEW computers

101G.