• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

1 in 50 Democrats want Donald Trump executed

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What part of Trump hasn't been found guilty isn't clear? That means he is presumed innocent.
But he has been found guilty by tens of millions of us. I'm one. You're referring to the legal system. He isn't officially a felon or a convict until a jury convicts him, but nobody need wait for that to judge Trump guilty informally.

You're reminding me of a former acquaintance named Jack, now deceased, who was a retired attorney, a devout Catholic, and also a Trump apologist, and who made these same arguments in 2017 in a local email group that discussed current events. He also insisted that all citizens were obliged to withhold judgment until a jury agreed with them, and I gave him the same answer I'm giving you. Rules for jurors don't apply to the rest of us until we find ourselves on a jury.

I had enough evidence then to know that Trump was a criminal (grifter, sexual predator). I have more now. Even if Trump is somehow acquitted on technicalities in every jurisdiction in which he has been and will be indicted (yes, it looks like there are more state level election tampering charges to come from Nevada, Arizona, and others to come), I will know he was guilty. You seem to object to people holding that opinion like Jack did.
It is not an established fact in any court that Trump is a traitor nor incited any coup.
That's why he's not officially a felon or a convict YET. That's why he isn't in prison YET. But that doesn't matter when it comes to citizens making moral and legal judgments.
Democrats who are of the opinion that Trump is guilt of things he has not been convicted of
You seem to object to people holding that opinion like Jack did. You have no say there.
It is entirely conceivable that some among those would take things to the next logical step and act on their opinions. Anyone, even those that hate Trump as you apparently do, should be concerned about such a prospect.
Why should somebody like me be concerned if Trump is killed? I'd be disappointed - I'd prefer ten or twenty years in prison first - but otherwise unfazed. He's a stochastic terrorist himself.

Shaul

Premium Member
You did in the very post the post you replied to is in reply to.
No. What I wrote was that someone else was in error for stating that. I wrote, "You are in error that execution is the one and only punishment for a conviction of treason." Sorry you misunderstood or lack comprehension.

We Never Know

No Slack
Also, the Heartland Institute is known for severe right wing bias and lack of credibility...

However the Rasmussen Reports is high credible

• Overall, we rate Rasmussen Reports Right-Center biased based on polling that tends to slightly favor the right and High for factual reporting due to a clean fact check record.

Shaul

Premium Member
What's your answer here? Remember the bolded hypothetical, he is guilty.

What, in your opinion, should be his punishment?
That is precisely the point. One shouldn't prejudge but let the courts decide. That is my opinion. It is a matter for a court. A person who states that a specific penalty applies for a crime displays a bias. Such a bias would be sufficient cause for disqualification from being on a jury.

Shaul

Premium Member
Lying about an election to such a degree amd extent and to sow distrust and doubt and fraudulently trying to over turn one IS treason.
That would be something for a court to decide. President Trump has never been found guilty of anything like that in any court. Indeed his conduct was investigated by Congress (twice) and they did not claim he committed treason nor recommend he be tried for treason. Accusing someone of treason when they haven't committed it is slander or libel.

Shaul

Premium Member
Does attempting to overturn a valid democratic election not fall under treason?

treason
/trē′zən/

noun
The betrayal of allegiance toward one's own country, especially by committing hostile acts against it or aiding its enemies in committing such acts.

The betrayal of someone's trust or confid
ence.
Yet Congress, which investigated President Trump, did not charge him with treason. President Trump has not been charged with treason in any court.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Guess what?

49 out of 50 Democrats do not agree with that 1 of 50. Myself included. I do think it disturbing but not overwhelming. I'm kind of disappointed in them.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
That is precisely the point. One shouldn't prejudge but let the courts decide. That is my opinion. It is a matter for a court. A person who states that a specific penalty applies for a crime displays a bias. Such a bias would be sufficient cause for disqualification from being on a jury.

Your poll stated IF a person was guilty what should be done.

So if someone is guilty of treason, execution is reasonable.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
No. What I wrote was that someone else was in error for stating that. I wrote, "You are in error that execution is the one and only punishment for a conviction of treason." Sorry you misunderstood or lack comprehension.
How about a screen shot:
geqrwrgqerf.JPG

As we can see here, what was actually said is:

...since execution is indeed considered a punishment for people...​
What you claimed was said and was in fact ONLY said by YOU is:

You are in error that execution is the one and only punishment...​
So not only did I not misunderstand or lack comprehension,
I have shown for a third time your posts do not reflect your claims of wanting truth.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Except that the whole legal system has specific punishments listed for specific crimes.
Which means the whole legal system, according to you, is bias.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Yet Congress, which investigated President Trump, did not charge him with treason. President Trump has not been charged with treason in any court.

That's not what he was under investigation for during his impeachment inquiries.

But even so, You can be charged for same incident as a seperate crime, using differing statutes and laws, if never convicted.

Last edited:

Shaul

Premium Member
How about a screen shot:
View attachment 85777

As we can see here, what was actually said is:

...since execution is indeed considered a punishment for people...​
What you claimed was said and was in fact ONLY said by YOU is:

You are in error that execution is the one and only punishment...​
So not only did I not misunderstand or lack comprehension,
I have shown for a third time your posts do not reflect your claims of wanting truth.
It is considered A punishment, not the one and only. I was quite correct in acknowledging that execution is one potential punishment. But I did NOT write that it was the one and only. Because it is one among the potential punishments I used that to justify a question. So no, for a third time, I did not ever write that execution was the one and only punishment for treason and, no, you have not shown even once that I have. You are misunderstanding and lack comprehension of the plain English I wrote.

Shaul

Premium Member
Except that the whole legal system has specific punishments listed for specific crimes.
No, the "whole legal system" does NOT have specific punishments for specific crimes. With some few exceptions, in our legal system the law specifies punishment guidelines for particular crimes. And specifically in the case of treason there are several proscribed possible punishments and execution is NOT a required punishment for treason.

Shaul

Premium Member
That's not what he was under investigation for during his impeachment inquiries.

But even so, You can be charged for same incident as a seperate crime, using differing statutes and laws, if never convicted.
In the articles of impeachment drafted against President Trump they referenced the laws they considered which included the laws about treason. They considered whether he had committed treason and did NOT charge him with treason. That is a fact.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
That would be something for a court to decide. President Trump has never been found guilty of anything like that in any court. Indeed his conduct was investigated by Congress (twice) and they did not claim he committed treason nor recommend he be tried for treason. Accusing someone of treason when they haven't committed it is slander or libel.
As far as I'm concerned, guilty verdicts have been rendered against others in relation to it. Trump is behind it all, and with his speech telling his supporters to keep fighting just before his defeat was officiated, he is a treasonous pig, may he eternally freeze in the coldest, lowest depths of Hell.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
In the articles of impeachment drafted against President Trump they referenced the laws they considered which included the laws about treason. They considered whether he had committed treason and did NOT charge him with treason. That is a fact.

Even so.

I never said he was charged with treason. I stated he wasn't charged with it, but could be regardless of the final impeachment decision.

And...
IF he is CONVICTED of treason he should be executed. That's the extent of the law. Just as a murderer can be given the death penalty as the extent (max) of the law.

We Never Know

No Slack
"Except that the whole legal system has specific punishments listed for specific crimes."

The sentencing/punishments for equal crimes vary by great margins.

Ive seen for DWI cases 2nd offense one get 4 years in prison, one get 3 years probation.

I wish it were 'this is your crime, this is your punishment, equal across the board no matter of wealth or status.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
It is considered A punishment, not the one and only. I was quite correct in acknowledging that execution is one potential punishment. But I did NOT write that it was the one and only. Because it is one among the potential punishments I used that to justify a question. So no, for a third time, I did not ever write that execution was the one and only punishment for treason and, no, you have not shown even once that I have. You are misunderstanding and lack comprehension of the plain English I wrote.
I posted a screen shot of you saying it.
So yeah, no longer able to take you seriously.

Have a nice day.