• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

1 in 50 Democrats want Donald Trump executed

PureX

Veteran Member
That is according to a Rasmussen poll. The poll also found:
44% of likely voters think former President Trump is guilty for crimes related to the January 6th 2020 events and want him to be in prison,
7% of them think he should be imprisoned for life, and
3% want him exiled.

Among Democrats:
72% want him in prison,
12% think it should be for life, and
2% of Democrats want him executed.

Democrats Want Harsh Punishment for Trump

We live in troubling times.
Everyone has a right to hope.

RestlessSoul

From the article.

The survey of 1,085 U.S. Likely Voters was conducted on November 30-December 6, 2023 by Rasmussen Reports and The Heartland Institute. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence.
What's 3% less than 2%? :tearsofjoy:

Don't know how the margin of error works in this case, but 1,085 is a very small sample anyway, so I don't think the poll should be taken too seriously on it's own merits.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I presented the results of a survey that was done. It is being widely reported by many media outlets. Instead of "shooting the messenger" why don't you address the 2% of Democrats that want to kill Donald Trump?
Any such position is unethical; thus, I am not defending them. But your utter hypocrisy by rightfully blaming the 2% while not blaming the "Lock her up!" chants is very telling.

Shaul

Premium Member
Can you explain......what is wrong with people wanting execution for a person under the condition that he was found guilty of the highest form of treason...which is attempts to overthrow a democratic election by planning an attack on the parliament.
If only Hitler was executed, instead of imprisoned, when he tried doing that, we would have avoided the 2nd World War. If surprised why so few people chose execution actually.
Hypotheses non fingo.

Shaul

Premium Member
Any such position is unethical; thus, I am not defending them. But your utter hypocrisy by rightfully blaming the 2% while not blaming the "Lock her up!" chants is very telling.
If "lock her up" is considered unethical then the percentage of Democrats who think Trump is guilty without any conviction are unethical too. It is telling you don't condemn them. Yours is the "utter hypocrisy".

metis

If "lock her up" is considered unethical then the percentage of Democrats who think Trump is guilty without any conviction are unethical too. It is telling you don't condemn them. Yours is the "utter hypocrisy".
He already has been found guilty dealing with his misrepresentation of his finances, but then if you get your "news" mainly from Fox, I wouldn't expect you to know that.

And did you listen to any of the January 6th Committee testimony? Fox wouldn't cover it-- whatta surprise! o_O

Shaul

Premium Member
He already has been found guilty dealing with his misrepresentation of his finances, but then if you get your "news" mainly from Fox, I wouldn't expect you to know that.

And did you listen to any of the January 6th Committee testimony? Fox wouldn't cover it-- whatta surprise! o_O
Trump is appealing the case about his finances. Furthermore such a putative misrepresentation is not an executable offense. :rolleyes:

Again with FoxNews? As I told you in the thread "Trump Sues CNN for Defamation Over 'Persistent Association' to 'Adolf Hitler and Nazism' in $475 M" that I don't watch FoxNews. So you should already know that I don't get my news from it. I would expect you to know that, since I have already told you that. Your weird, irrational "thing" about FoxNews isn't my problem. It is yours.

Shaul

Premium Member
You are dodging. You assumed that asking for Trump's execution if he is found guilty is treason is somehow morally outrageous. I am asking you to justify this...since execution is indeed considered a punishment for people who commit high treason.
It isn't "dodging". You are in error that execution is the one and only punishment for a conviction of treason. The penalty would depend on the individual cases circumstance. Hence my comment on hypothetical cases is quite pertinent and not any "dodging".

metis

Trump is appealing the case about his finances. Furthermore such a putative misrepresentation is not an executable offense. :rolleyes:

Again with FoxNews? As I told you in the thread "Trump Sues CNN for Defamation Over 'Persistent Association' to 'Adolf Hitler and Nazism' in $475 M" that I don't watch FoxNews. So you should already know that I don't get my news from it. I would expect you to know that, since I have already told you that. Your weird, irrational "thing" about FoxNews isn't my problem. It is yours.
Then where do you get your news from? I am more than willing to give you my sources.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Don't know how the margin of error works in this case, but 1,085 is a very small sample anyway, so I don't think the poll should be taken too seriously on it's own merits.
And given the "if found guilty" means following the rule of law I don't see the problem. That's the opposite of storming a government building and wanting to hang the Vice President.
Trump, I just wonder when his diet and lack if exercise is going to do him in. It can't be much longer.

Shadow Wolf

Don't kill the guy I want to be president.
Did you even read the thread? Two percent of Dems want him dead if he's found guilty in a court of law.
Amd truth be told, Trump made me realize I'm not entirely against the death penalty like I thought.

Shadow Wolf

Comma needed, between guy and I.
No, it's not dividing any clauses bit rather splitting a complete thought. That would be a comma splice.
Best not to pick on grammar though. Even our resident, card carrying Grammar Nazi makes mistakes.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It isn't "dodging". You are in error that execution is the one and only punishment for a conviction of treason. The penalty would depend on the individual cases circumstance. Hence my comment on hypothetical cases is quite pertinent and not any "dodging".
You admit that it is one acceptable form of punishment for high treason in general according to US law?

Definition: In Article III, Section 3 of the United States Constitution, treason is specifically limited to levying war against the U.S., or adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort.[2]

Penalty: Under U.S. Code Title 18, the penalty is death,[4] or not less than five years' imprisonment (with a minimum fine of $10,000, if not sentenced to death). Any person convicted of treason against the United States also forfeits the right to hold public office in the United States.[5]

Do you admit that the citizens who want death penalty for Mr Trump if found guilty of treason is actually wanting a perfectly legally permissible punishment for that sort of crime?
So what justifies your moral outrage?

Shaul

Premium Member
You admit that it is one acceptable form of punishment for high treason in general according to US law?

Definition: In Article III, Section 3 of the United States Constitution, treason is specifically limited to levying war against the U.S., or adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort.[2]

Penalty: Under U.S. Code Title 18, the penalty is death,[4] or not less than five years' imprisonment (with a minimum fine of $10,000, if not sentenced to death). Any person convicted of treason against the United States also forfeits the right to hold public office in the United States.[5]

Do you admit that the citizens who want death penalty for Mr Trump if found guilty of treason is actually wanting a perfectly legally permissible punishment for that sort of crime?
So what justifies your moral outrage?
What part of Trump hasn't been found guilty isn't clear? That means he is presumed innocent. Unless and until he is convicted you want to, dare I say insist on, arguing "what-ifs". In other words, you want to fight straw man arguments. As I wrote before hypotheses non fingo.