• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

1 in 50 Democrats want Donald Trump executed

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
False moral equivalency. "lock her up" does not equate with "execute".

Funny.

When talking about a traitor who tried to incite a coup on live television (who you support): "How could anyone possibly hold a negative opinion of him until he's tried and sentenced?"

When talking about a politician you disagree with who isn't even accused of a crime: "'lock her up!' isn't 'execute.' It's fine."

Shaul

Premium Member
Funny.

When talking about a traitor who tried to incite a coup on live television (who you support): "How could anyone possibly hold a negative opinion of him until he's tried and sentenced?"

When talking about a politician you disagree with who isn't even accused of a crime: "'lock her up!' isn't 'execute.' It's fine."
One, you state things as factual that are not. It is not an established fact in any court that Trump is a traitor nor incited any coup. Two, I don't "support" him. I have stated this repeatedly, I have never voted for Trump, although I could have. I have never contributed to his campaigns. What I do support is the pursuit of truth. It isn't my fault that you, and others here, continue to spout untruths about Trump. I have and will continue to challenge untruths, whether about Trump or anyone or anything else as I see fit.

Holding an opinion is well and fine. But in this context we are discussing Democrats who are of the opinion that Trump is guilt of things he has not been convicted of and also of the opinion that persons who are guilty of such things should be killed. It is entirely conceivable that some among those would take things to the next logical step and act on their opinions. Anyone, even those that hate Trump as you apparently do, should be concerned about such a prospect.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
What part of Trump hasn't been found guilty isn't clear? That means he is presumed innocent. Unless and until he is convicted you want to, dare I say insist on, arguing "what-ifs". In other words, you want to fight straw man arguments. As I wrote before hypotheses non fingo.
This is ridiculous. The poll clearly asks what ought to be the punishment IF TRUMP was found guilty of treason. The poll did not ask whether PPL want to execute Trump before he was actually found guilty, but After the courts had found him guilty at some future date. You do understand the idea of a counterfactual question??
If somebody asks me if I would divorce my spouse if I found he/she is having an affair, the answer can be Yes, and legitimately so ..without implying that my spouse is indeed doing something like that or implying I am planning to divorce my spouse without anything of that sort actually taking place?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
It isn't "dodging". You are in error that execution is the one and only punishment for a conviction of treason. The penalty would depend on the individual cases circumstance. Hence my comment on hypothetical cases is quite pertinent and not any "dodging".
YOU are the only one claiming that execution is the "one and only punishment for a conviction of treason".
Not even your poll makes that mistake.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
This thread and OP in a nutshell. Mental gymnastics.

tenor-2157089287.gif

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
But in this context we are discussing Democrats who are of the opinion that Trump is guilt of things he has not been convicted
Only, and only because you saw fit to omiylt the part where they feel thay way IF he is convicted.

Shaul

Premium Member
Except your poll does not support that anyone wants to execute Trump before he is convicted...

The actual question asked by the pollsters is:

If President Trump is found guilty of crimes associated with attempting to overturn the 2020 election, what, in your opinion, should be his punishment?​
You did note the very beginning of the question:

If President Trump is found guilty
And it does not say only for treason. Yet 2% of Democrats think Trump should be executed if he is guilty of any crimes associated with the 2020 election. That is extremist.

Shaul

Premium Member
Perhaps you should adjust your posts to reflect this claim?
Thus far, they do not support it.
Since I support the pursuit of truth I am obliged to state that your post is feeble and incorrect. Shalom.

Shaul

Premium Member
This is ridiculous. The poll clearly asks what ought to be the punishment IF TRUMP was found guilty of treason. The poll did not ask whether PPL want to execute Trump before he was actually found guilty, but After the courts had found him guilty at some future date. You do understand the idea of a counterfactual question??
If somebody asks me if I would divorce my spouse if I found he/she is having an affair, the answer can be Yes, and legitimately so ..without implying that my spouse is indeed doing something like that or implying I am planning to divorce my spouse without anything of that sort actually taking place?
No it does NOT say if he is found guilty of treason. The poll question asked "If President Trump is found guilty of crimes associated with attempting to overturn the 2020 election, what, in your opinion, should be his punishment?" So it could be for any crime, possibly even misdemeanors. The respondents, in their venom, primarily want him dead and are looking for justifications. Because evil.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
"If President Trump is found guilty of crimes associated with attempting to overturn the 2020 election, what, in your opinion, should be his punishment?"

What's your answer here? Remember the bolded hypothetical, he is guilty.

What, in your opinion, should be his punishment?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
No it does NOT say if he is found guilty of treason. The poll question asked "If President Trump is found guilty of crimes associated with attempting to overturn the 2020 election, what, in your opinion, should be his punishment?" So it could be for any crime, possibly even misdemeanors. The respondents, in their venom, primarily want him dead and are looking for justifications. Because evil.
Lying about an election to such a degree amd extent and to sow distrust and doubt and fraudulently trying to over turn one IS treason.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member

Does attempting to overturn a valid democratic election not fall under treason?

treason
/trē′zən/

noun
The betrayal of allegiance toward one's own country, especially by committing hostile acts against it or aiding its enemies in committing such acts.

The betrayal of someone's trust or confid
ence.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
A sitting president found guilty of the crime of attempting to overturn election results that were against him ......that is as black and white case of treason as I can envisage.