• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

1 in 50 Democrats want Donald Trump executed

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
The most worrying fact about the news posted here is that people who are allowed to vote actually want someone killed.

I think we should generally reconsider everyone’s right to vote.
If we disenfranchise everyone who has ever said something stupid there would be no one left to vote, absolutely no one, not me, and judging by the above post, not you either.

The last thing you need to do is "reconsider everyone's right to vote". You start taking away people's vote because you don't agree with them, you will be living in a fascist state before you can blink.

Shaul

Premium Member
That's depending on how one defines "treason". If convicted for attempting to overthrow the election, would that be "treason"?
No, it doesn't depend on how one personally defines treason. You are making my point. Basing your opinion on your own personal definitions is wrong. As is prejudging a case.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Ha, I would be very happy if only people who agree with me were allowed to vote, but what I suggest is actually to have a mandatory test for everyone. Prove that you value basic human rights (defined in several global agreements) and that’s it, basically.
So you oppose the death penalty in all cases? And you would disenfranchise anyone who doesn't agree with you about that?

Shaul

Premium Member
Mueller decided not to pursue that possible charge, which doesn't mean that he exonerated Trump as the latter claimed.

Mueller report - Wikipedia
No Special Counsel ever "exonerates" anyone. That is beyond the scope of their powers. In other words saying Mueller, or any Special Counsel, didn't exonerate someone is either misunderstanding the powers of a Special Counsel or deliberately distorting things. Special Counsels indict or charge people. If they don't then the person is as before presumed innocent. Trump doesn't need any Special Counsel to exonerate him since if he isn't charged with a crime there is nothing to exonerate him from.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
Ha, I would be very happy if only people who agree with me were allowed to vote, but what I suggest is actually to have a mandatory test for everyone. Prove that you value basic human rights (defined in several global agreements) and that’s it, basically.

So we take people's rights away who don't think the way we like? Who is the group of people who get to decide what "basic human rights" looks like? What that looks like is different depending on where you're at in the world. Don't forget, there are many countries who refuse to extradite those suspected of crime to the USA because of how inhumane we treat our prison population, but to us they receive "basic human rights"

Taking people's rights away for "wrong think" is very Orwellian

So you oppose the death penalty in all cases? And you would disenfranchise anyone who doesn't agree with you about that?

Yes, I would. Because not being killed for whatever reason is a human right and people who don’t respect human rights should not be able to violate them “legally”. It’s fine for me if you disagree with me here, but I actually wonder why anyone should be allowed to violate human rights.

Shaul

Premium Member
But he is charged with many many crimes. Very serious crimes.
We were discussing Special Counsels. Separate indictments have nothing to do with them. But an accused person is also presumed innocent. The charges Trump faces are serious, precisely because they are politically based. And his political adversaries are trying to use the courts because they can't fight him in the ballot box, which is indeed quite serious. It is also another reason that when Democrats in a survey say they want him executed it is quite serious and troubling. And the Democrats that want him executed have no exoneration.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
an accused person is also presumed innocent.
All that that phrase means is that guilt has to be established in court, not innocence. It means that not guilty is the default position if neither guilt nor innocence can be established in court, that the prosecutor has the burden of proof. Defendants are not viewed or treated as innocent. If they were, they wouldn't need lawyers.
The charges Trump faces are serious, precisely because they are politically based.
The charges are based in the indictments handed down by grand juries after hearing and seeing evidence of crimes, which is what prevents purely politically motivated prosecutions from going forward.
his political adversaries are trying to use the courts because they can't fight him in the ballot box
Trump can't win an honest election. He was beaten decisively by Biden in the last election, when Trump had the incumbent advantage and Biden didn't. If they both run again in 2024, that will be reversed, plus Trump is dealing with the stigma of being a defendant and appearing increasingly confused, not to mention a booming economy with record low unemployment, inflation coming under control, gas prices down, and record high stock prices.

And once again, his political rivals can't use the courts unless they can present sufficient evidence of crime to a grand jury to get an indictment. Trump is a thug, which is why grand juries everywhere are indicting him. He's done. Unless he drops dead prematurely, his fate is a given. He will die broke in prison, disgraced, his legacy in tatters, his mind reduced to mush - just like Giuliani.
It is also another reason that when Democrats in a survey say they want him executed it is quite serious and troubling.
You're troubled that people who love their country and its Constitution want the man who defiled it executed by government he attacked? I'm not. That's justice. Like the knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing thugs who attacked the Capitol for him, Trump fooled around and is now finding out.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Yes, I would. Because not being killed for whatever reason is a human right and people who don’t respect human rights should not be able to violate them “legally”. It’s fine for me if you disagree with me here, but I actually wonder why anyone should be allowed to violate human rights.
Personally I am also opposed to the death penalty. But in the U.S. it is actually supported by a majority of people. Are you seriously suggestion that you would take away the right to vote from anyone who supports the death penalty?

We Never Know

No Slack
We were discussing Special Counsels. Separate indictments have nothing to do with them. But an accused person is also presumed innocent. The charges Trump faces are serious, precisely because they are politically based. And his political adversaries are trying to use the courts because they can't fight him in the ballot box, which is indeed quite serious. It is also another reason that when Democrats in a survey say they want him executed it is quite serious and troubling. And the Democrats that want him executed have no exoneration.
"But an accused person is also presumed innocent."

Actually innocence has to be proven same as guilt. Once charged most everyone is presumed guilty by most everyone until proven innocent.
Even when proven innocent some will still believe they are guilty.

IMO the motto anymore is guilty until proven innocent.

Shaul

Premium Member
"But an accused person is also presumed innocent."

Actually innocence has to be proven same as guilt. Once charged most everyone is presumed guilty by most everyone until proven innocent.
Even when proven innocent some will still believe they are guilty.
No, actually innocence does NOT have to be proven. Proving a negative is not reasonable nor possible. That's why innocence is presumed. Furthermore even the accused is presumed innocent according to the Law. The accused is not presumed guilty, he is presumed innocent. No, "most" people do not presume a charged person is guilty. Only the biased ones do. That is why persons who do presume the guilt of the charged are disqualified from being on juries.

We Never Know

No Slack
No, actually innocence does NOT have to be proven. Proving a negative is not reasonable nor possible. That's why innocence is presumed. Furthermore even the accused is presumed innocent according to the Law. The accused is not presumed guilty, he is presumed innocent. No, "most" people do not presume a charged person is guilty. Only the biased ones do. That is why persons who do presume the guilt of the charged are disqualified from being on juries.

I don't know what world you live in but when a person is charged, jailed, has to pay to get out(bond), and have conditions on their bond that sure doesn't scream innocent to me.

Legally its supposed to be innocent until proven guilty but that's not how it is anymore IMO.

In many cases everyone knows the person is guilty, it just hasen't been proven in court yet.