• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

20 Signs that God exist, and Quraan is the word of God

Sabour

Signs that the Koran is not the word of God:
1. In Surah 4, the rules of inheritance require shares that add up to more than 100%.
2. In Surah 5, it denies that Jesus died on the cross, an event for which there is ample historical evidence.
3. In Surah 27, it declares that the Earth is fixed.
4. In Surah 29, it mentions Noah's flood, which never happened.
5. In Surah 67, the stars are missiles for use against devils.

2-4 are correct

Give me the verses of 1 3 and 5.

Sabour

LOL! And why would I have to verify common sense, and common practice, for you?

How did you think they came up with the meaning of words in ancient texts? They just Guessed?

Have you even looked at a translation of the Qur'an that is a couple hundred years old? Let alone when it was compiled?

You would not be able to read it.

I will also add, that just as with the Bible, there are multiple translations of the Qur'an right now.

Some explanations are that old.

The scientific signs I am referring to were not established as scientific facts. For the 4327809703492709709 time, Quraan doesn't replace science. These are signs.

41:53 We will show them Our signs in the horizons and within themselves until it becomes clear to them that it is the truth. But is it not sufficient concerning your Lord that He is, over all things, a Witness?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Signs that the Koran is not the word of God:
1. In Surah 4, the rules of inheritance require shares that add up to more than 100%.
2. In Surah 5, it denies that Jesus died on the cross, an event for which there is ample historical evidence.
3. In Surah 27, it declares that the Earth is fixed.
4. In Surah 29, it mentions Noah's flood, which never happened.
5. In Surah 67, the stars are missiles for use against devils.

I like that last one. LOL!

67:5 And We have (from of old) adorned the lowest heaven with Lamps and We have made such (Lamps) (as) missiles to drive away the Evil Ones and have prepared for them the Penalty of the Blazing Fire.

GoodbyeDave

2-4 are correct.
Then how do you explain them?

Give me the verses of 1 3 and 5.
4:11-12. Add up the figures.

27:61 "Is not He (best) Who made the earth a fixed abode..."

67:5 "And verily We have beautified the world's heaven with lamps, and We have made them missiles for the devils, and for them We have prepared the doom of flame."

Sabour

67:5 And We have (from of old) adorned the lowest heaven with Lamps and We have made such (Lamps) (as) missiles to drive away the Evil Ones and have prepared for them the Penalty of the Blazing Fire.

Sahih International translation

67:5 And We have certainly beautified the nearest heaven with stars and have made [from] them what is thrown at the devils and have prepared for them the punishment of the Blaze.

outhouse

Atheistically
You only have 20 perceived signs.

Nothing more then faith alone, nothing at all that you can attribute to any deity.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Some explanations are that old.

The scientific signs I am referring to were not established as scientific facts. For the 4327809703492709709 time, Quraan doesn't replace science. These are signs.

41:53 We will show them Our signs in the horizons and within themselves until it becomes clear to them that it is the truth. But is it not sufficient concerning your Lord that He is, over all things, a Witness?

Baloney! You are claiming those ancient texts are about modern science.

They aren't!

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Ingledsva said:

Sahih International translation

67:5 And We have certainly beautified the nearest heaven with stars and have made [from] them what is thrown at the devils and have prepared for them the punishment of the Blaze.

That is one of those altering new translations I was talking about.

The original text uses the word for LAMP, not star, because they thought lamps were hung in the sky. They did not have modern science, and did not know what a star was.

Surah 41:12 also talks about those LAMPS for PROTECTION.

41:12 And He completed them as seven heavens within two days and inspired in each heaven its command. And We adorned the nearest heaven with lamps and as protection. That is the determination of the Exalted in Might, the Knowing.

NOTE that here - Sahih International - has left the word as it actually is - LAMP.

They change the meaning when it suits them.

Last edited:

Sabour

Then how do you explain them?
The question is how you prove what you said

4:11-12. Add up the figures.
Inheritance Distribution as per Islam | general-inheritance-meeraath

This example will show the calculations.

27:61 "Is not He (best) Who made the earth a fixed abode..."

27:61 Is He [not best] who made the earth a stable ground and placed within it rivers and made for it firmly set mountains and placed between the two seas a barrier? Is there a deity with Allah ? [No], but most of them do not know.

Isn't it stable?

67:5 "And verily We have beautified the world's heaven with lamps, and We have made them missiles for the devils, and for them We have prepared the doom of flame

This is the Sahih international translation.

Sabour

The original text uses the word for LAMP, not star, because they thought lamps were hung in the sky. They did not have modern science, and did not know what a star was.

41:12 And He completed them as seven heavens within two days and inspired in each heaven its command. And We adorned the nearest heaven with lamps and as protection. That is the determination of the Exalted in Might, the Knowing.

NOTE that here - Sahih International - has left the word as it actually is - LAMP.

Lol ... yeah ok ...

Just for the record, there is no tranlation in arabic beacuse that is the language the Quraan was revealed 1400 years ago

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Ingledsva said:

Lol ... yeah ok ...

Just for the record, there is no tranlation in arabic beacuse that is the language the Quraan was revealed 1400 years ago

LOL! Why don't you reply to what I posted?

You used - Sahih International - so I did as well, - to show that they know the original word was LAMP, as that is how they translate the same word in 41:12.

This proves altering of the WORDING and MEANING of ancient Qur'an texts, to make it LOOK LIKE they knew modern science.

xkatz

Hello Guys

In my first topic “ why I think there is one right religion”, I made clear that I believe that there is God and that Quraan is the word of God and that the right religion is Islam.

Here we go again...

...I think we need a DIR for these threads...

GoodbyeDave

I do try to be fair, and there are a lot of good Muslims out there — and here! — but if I were to list the world's religions in order of plausibility, I'd put Islam pretty close to the bottom. The Koran is one of the problems, not one of the advantages. The Muslim attitude, to me, is the worship of a book rather than God: a classic case of shirk, in fact.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Well... Hindu cosmology dates to several millennia CE. The Bhagavata Purana, which is said to have been written down between 500-1000 CE, but was orally transmitted much earlier, speaks in no uncertain terms of things modern cosmologists are coming to accept (the bold is mine). These are verses dealing just with a multiplicity of universes:

Every universe is covered by seven layers — earth, water, fire, air, sky, the total energy and false ego — each ten times greater than the previous one. There are innumerable universes besides this one, and although they are unlimitedly large, they move about like atoms in You. Therefore You are called unlimited. Bhagavata Purana 6.16.37

After separating the different universes, the gigantic universal form of the Lord, which came out of the causal ocean, the place of appearance for the first puruṣa-avatāra, entered into each of the separate universes, desiring to lie on the created transcendental water. 2.10.10

Even though over a period of time I might count all the atoms of the universe, I could not count all of My opulences which I manifest within innumerable universes. 1.16.39

What am I, a small creature measuring seven spans of my own hand? I am enclosed in a potlike universe composed of material nature, the total material energy, false ego, ether, air, water and earth. And what is Your glory? Unlimited universes pass through the pores of Your body just as particles of dust pass through the openings of a screened window. 10.14.11.

Because You are unlimited, neither the lords of heaven nor even You Yourself can ever reach the end of Your glories. The countless universes, each enveloped in its shell, are compelled by the wheel of time to wander within You, like particles of dust blowing about in the sky. The śrutis, following their method of eliminating everything separate from the Supreme, become successful by revealing You as their final conclusion. 10.87.41

The layers or elements covering the universes are each ten times thicker than the one before, and all the universes clustered together appear like atoms in a huge combination. 3.11.41

And this from the late Dr. Carl Sagan:

“The Hindu religion is the only one of the world’s great faiths dedicated to the idea that the Cosmos itself undergoes an immense, indeed an infinite, number of deaths and rebirths. It is the only religion in which the time scales correspond to those of modern scientific cosmology. Its cycles run from our ordinary day and night to a day and night of Brahma, 8.64 billion years long. Longer than the age of the Earth or the Sun and about half the time since the Big Bang.”

Now, this is not a snipe, swipe or slap to the Qur'an, nor a promotion of Hinduism; rather, I think it shows that the Qur'an is certainly not the first scripture to come close to modern science. Though I find the comparisons in the first two posts nebulous at best, and a pretty far reach.

Sabour

LOL! Why don't you reply to what I posted?

You used - Sahih International - so I did as well, - to show that they know the original word was LAMP, as that is how they translate the same word in 41:12.

This proves altering of the WORDING and MEANING of ancient Qur'an texts, to make it LOOK LIKE they knew modern science.

The arabic word is مصابيح, it is the plural of مصباح . مصباح is anything that gives light. It was translated to lamp.