• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

20 Signs that God exist, and Quraan is the word of God

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
This argument is beneath me.
I concur. I almost decided to address some of the more ridiculous nonsense in these 20 points, but couldn't muster up the effort to do so. Some of us here on RF have argued these points many, many times over the years - but then some excited new Muslim wanders in and promotes this junk thinking as if it were fresh, new and meaningful - as if they were making rational claims. It's more sad than impressive.

Perhaps if the Muslim world spent as much time doing real science as they do looking for obscure references to non-Muslims scientific discoveries within the warped verses of the Qur'an, the Muslim world just might get somewhere - eventually.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
The arabic word is مصابيح, it is the plural of مصباح . مصباح is anything that gives light. It was translated to lamp.

LOL! That is the point!

It is the same word in the other one where they CHANGED it to SUN!

EDIT - Forgot to say it is NOT "anything" that gives light.

Last edited:

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Aren't the 20 signs I mentioned worth considering that Quraan may be the word of God ?

NO! Because you can't even prove that they originally meant what you are saying they mean.

A LAMP is nor a SUN.

There is no barrier between fresh and salt water, etc.

Sabour

In what world?

could mean a line of clouds Sky furnished with clouds? clouds are formed
could mean a rainbow Sky furnished with rainbow? Rainbow doesn't always appear
could mean the invention of airplains Furnished with airplains?
could mean men traveling to the moon ... Men traveling to moon :areyoucra
could mean a bird flying away furnished with birds ?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
"By heaven furnished with paths;"

No relation to string theory ?

6:101 He is the Originator of the heavens and the earth. Doesn't this suggest that our universe has a starting point ?

78:7 Mountains as stakes

Isn't this how exactly plate tectonics describe the mountains? the only difference is that they didn't use the word stakes

As has already been explained - NO - plate tectonics does not have mountains as stakes.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Aren't the 20 signs I mentioned worth considering that Quraan may be the word of God ?
No. The understanding behind the assertions is so deeply flawed as to make the possibility of divine authorship virtually nil. However, the good news is that the 20 points makes for an excellent example of confirmation bias.

Confirmation bias

Last edited:

Sabour

No. The understanding behind the assertions is so deeply flawed as to make the possibility of divine authorship virtually nil. However, the good news is that the 20 points makes for an excellent example of confirmation bias.

Confirmation bias

Well Dr Gary Miller will be very disappointed to hear that

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Hello Guys

1- String theory ( first studied in the late 1960s)

51:7 "By heaven furnished with paths;"

In physics, string theory is a theoretical framework in which the point-like particles of particle physics are replaced by one-dimensional objects called strings. In string theory, the strings may be open (forming a segment with two endpoints) or closed (forming a loop like a circle) and may have other special properties.

OK! Lets take down another one.

First off, - they thought things in the sky followed paths; such as the sun. Nothing to do with String Theory.

Also it is a single sentence taken out of context.

Note that I am using Sahih International's translation - even though we KNOW they FUDGE meaning!

Sahih International 51:6 And indeed, the recompense is to occur 51:7 By the heaven containing pathways

and 51:8 Indeed, you are in differing speech

Kept in context it is VERY CLEAR that it is NOT talking about String Theory.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
For those who rejecting the idea that (God does exist).

May i ask a question about the human body.

Do you think the human body and its interacting systems work in scientific way or in an arbitrary way.

If you believe that our bodies work in scientific way then any smart man had to know and realize that such bodies need an intelligent mind and not stones to bring it out to life.

The nature is unconscious and has no intelligence at all "0" intelligence,and then you think that this amazing universe which constructed according to the cosmic laws and all the creation (according to atheists) have been all done due to one thing and which is billion billion of years and which i call the rubbish science.

I think only laymen who know nothing about anything may believe this nonsense which some atheists preachers trying hardly to let people think that this amazing universe doesn't need God.

The atheists stereotype answers which show their weakness.

:facepalm: ,we have evidence,read some books, go to school,what do you know about science,google for it,prove that God does exist,why your God why not Ceres ..etc

xkatz

What do you mean by these threads ?

You are not the first one to come onto this forum and essentially argue that b/c there are verses that can possibly be interpreted as agreeing with and predating modern science, that the Quran is a divine book and Islam is the only true religion.

Unfortunately this topic has been beaten like a dead horse and this material seems to be regurgitated ad infinitum.

FunctionalAtheist

Hammer of Reason

Do you think the human body and its interacting systems work in scientific way or in an arbitrary way.

If you believe that our bodies work in scientific way then any smart man had to know and realize that such bodies need an intelligent mind and not stones to bring it out to life.

The nature is unconscious and has no intelligence at all "0" intelligence,and then you think that this amazing universe which constructed according to the cosmic laws and all the creation (according to atheists) have been all done due to one thing and which is billion billion of years and which i call the rubbish science.

I think only laymen who know nothing about anything may believe this nonsense which some atheists preachers trying hardly to let people think that this amazing universe doesn't need God.

:facepalm: ,we have evidence,read some books, go to school,what do you know about science,google for it,prove that God does exist,why your God why not Ceres ..etc
IMO, it is only the laymen who know nothing about anything who may believe the nonsense some theist preachers lay down trying to convince people that this amazing universe needs some divine spark. It is amazing that every argument you put forth is nothing more than "any smart man must realilze" Really? That's all you can come up with after all this time?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
IMO, it is only the laymen who know nothing about anything who may believe the nonsense some theist preachers lay down trying to convince people that this amazing universe needs some divine spark. It is amazing that every argument you put forth is nothing more than "any smart man must realilze" Really? That's all you can come up with after all this time?

Prove otherwise.

Show us your evidences that God doesn't exist.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

The fact that we are challenging the ridiculous notion that ancient Qur'an texts talk about modern science - does not necessarily mean we are not theists.

We have gone to school, and we read books, which is why we can logically refute what he is saying.

McBell

Admiral Obvious

Interesting how you completely ignore when you are told point by point why you are wrong.

Seems to me that fact says something about your sincerity?

Or perhaps you can start bringing something other than the atypical run of the mill forer effect "proofs" you are so fond of?