• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

20 Signs that God exist, and Quraan is the word of God

Sabour

Cute. So why does your god need an instruction manual?

Do you mean why we have Quraan or the Injil?

If that is what you meant, it is because God chose to teach us what we need to know that way. When you want to search for how you should live your life, you should have something in your hand to examine.

I think you have done that to certain scriptures no ?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Quraan is not a book of science to say "big Bang" "String theory" "emroyolgy"

It talks about God, righteous, Devil, prophets, divorce, marriage, heaven, hell and everything you need to know to get past this life.

It doesn't replace science. However it shows by some signs.

So your "out of context "argument" doesn't prove anything.

What you are failing to realize here that Quraan was also the word of God for people who lived in the 8th century. Would you expect Quraan to explicitly state Big Bang theory ? Like say Look there is something called big bang

It proves that whoever wrote those translations is full of BULL!

They very obviously DO NOT mean what they are saying they mean.

I have shown that using your own text!

Sabour

It proves that whoever wrote those translations is full of BULL!

They very obviously DO NOT mean what they are saying they mean.

I have shown that using your own text!

Ingledsva: They are out of context
0ne-answer: Quraan is not a scientific book. Quraan doesn't discuss science. It gives signs.
Ingledsva: Okay what about this verse ?
0ne-answer: It means ..........
Ingledsva: They very obviously DO NOT mean what they are saying they mean ( out of context)
0ne-answer: Quraan is not a scientific book. Quraan doesn't discuss science. It gives signs.
Ingledsva: They very obviously DO NOT mean what they are saying they mean ( out of context)

cocokorina

I believe it's Surah 86 verse 5-7: "So let man observe from what he was created, He was created from a fluid, ejected, Emerging from between the backbone and the ribs".

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Not science but it is about facts and signs.

Do you know the Arabic language ?
How can you judge without knowing Arabic ?

Your dependance of what others translated or interpreted doesn't mean that you are right for what you had chose to believe.

That alone disproves Islam and the Quran. How can it be a book for all people in all times if I can't even read it?

Sabour

I believe it's Surah 86 verse 5-7: "So let man observe from what he was created, He was created from a fluid, ejected, Emerging from between the backbone and the ribs".

The correct translation of ‘sulb’ is not backbone, nor does the word ‘tara’ib’ indicate the man’s ribs. Let us review the verse in question:

So let man consider from what he is created. He is created from an emitted fluid that issued from between the sulb and the tara’ib. (86:5-7)
It is understood the verse to mean that both ‘sulb’ and ‘tara’ib’ refer to the male. In other words, the fluid emitted refers to the semen, and it comes out from in between the sulb and the tara’ib. However, the truth of the matter is that the word ‘tarai’b’—according to the Arabic—is actually referring to a female body part. Much like the English word ‘penis’ can only be ascribed to a male, the word ‘tara’ib’ can only be applied to a female.
This is not apologetic modernism or revisionism; the classical works of Quranic commentary throughout the last 1400 years confirm this view categorically. In other words, the sulb belongs to the male, and the tara’ib belongs to the female. This is the view of the Muslims since the last fourteen hundred years, and there is consensus (ijma) on this matter, since the time of the Sahabah (the Prophet’s disciples) until today.

Shaykh `Abd al-Wahhâb al-Turayrî of IslamToday.com writes:
The phrase “m⒠dâfiq” (emitted fluid) is not restricted in meaning to sperm but is used in Arabic for both the sperm and the egg. Ibn Kathîr, in his commentary on this verse, writes: “It emanates from the man and the woman, and with Allah’s permission, the child comes forth as a product of both.”

…The words translated as “backbone” (sulb) and “ribs” (tarâ’ib) are not understood in Arabic to belong to the same person. Arabs understand the “sulb” to refer to a part of the male body and the “tarâ’ib” to a part of the female. Ibn Kathîr states: “It refers to the ‘sulb’ of the man and the ‘tarâ’ib’ of the woman…” He then quotes this interpretation on the authority of the Prophet’s companion Ibn `Abbâs. This same understanding is given in all the major classical works of Qur’anic commentary.
Many non-Arabs misinterpret this verse because they think that sulb and tara’ib refer to different body parts of the male. In reality, tara’ib is feminine, and refers to the female’s body part. For fourteen hundred years, all of the scholars have held this belief, and not a single classical scholar has ever differed on this point. The reason is that the Arabic makes it clear that tara’ib refers to a feminine body part, and not a male one.

Lane’s Lexicon says:
Tara’ib: … most of the authors on strange words affirm decidedly that it (tara’ib) is peculiar to women. (Lane’s Lexicon, p.301)
All of the major commentaries of the Quran confirm that the tara’ib is peculiar to women. Ibn Katheer writes in his tafseer (commentary) of the Quran:

It (fluid) emanates from the man and the woman, and with Allah’s permission, the child comes forth as a product of both. (Tafseer Ibn Katheer)

Tafseer al-Jalalayn says:
Issuing from between the sulb, of the man, and the tara’ib, of the woman. (Tafseer Al-Jalalayn)
Tanwir al-Miqbas min Tafseer Ibn Abbas says:
That issued from between the sulb of the man and the tara’ib of a woman.
(Tanwir al-Miqbas min Tafseer Ibn Abbas)

I hope that you know Arabic and confirm it.

cocokorina

That's the strangest explanation. Why is it that all other translations refer to backbone and ribs ? And even then female doesn't produce a fluid which makes a fetus. Female releases an egg from her ovary which is fertilized by sperm. So where did u get that female fluid meets male fluid to make a baby?
I don't speak Arabic but I was raised muslim. I'm very familiar with quran and islam particularly Sunni islam. I shouldn't have to learn a foreign language to understand God.

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
That's the strangest explanation. Why is it that all other translations refer to backbone and ribs ? And even then female doesn't produce a fluid which makes a fetus. Female releases an egg from her ovary which is fertilized by sperm. So where did u get that female fluid meets male fluid to make a baby?
I don't speak Arabic but I was raised muslim. I'm very familiar with quran and islam particularly Sunni islam. I shouldn't have to learn a foreign language to understand God.

Please read my comment here

Sabour

20 out of many?

Yeah there are still some miracles.

That alone disproves Islam and the Quran. How can it be a book for all people in all times if I can't even read it?

You can read and understand in English.

Quraan clearly says that if it had been written by a man you would have found errors. So this is a challenge. Find errors.

However just please make sure that the error is not because of translation. I think this is doable.

There are names of people who already attempted to find errors in Quraan like Dr Gary miller

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

And millions accepted Islam while not knowing Arabic.

What i am saying is that if one person isn't interested in Islam and don't understand or willing to understand Arabic then how he/she can judge or discuss the quran fairly.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

What i am saying is that if one person isn't interested in Islam and don't understand or willing to understand Arabic then how he/she can judge or discuss the quran fairly.

Then the millions who accepted Islam while not knowing Arabic judged it fairly?.

Sabour

So let man consider from what he is created. He is created from an emitted fluid that issued from between the sulb and the tara’ib. (86:5-7)

The phrase “mâ’ dâfiq” (emitted fluid) is not restricted in meaning to sperm but is used in Arabic for both the sperm and the egg. Ibn Kathîr, in his commentary on this verse, writes: “It emanates from the man and the woman, and with Allah’s permission, the child comes forth as a product of both.”

This means that in Arabic, it may either mean the sperm or the egg.

The words translated as “backbone” (sulb) and “ribs” (tarâ’ib) are not understood in Arabic to belong to the same person. Arabs understand the “sulb” to refer to a part of the male body and the “tarâ’ib” to a part of the female. Ibn Kathîr states: “It refers to the ‘sulb’ of the man and the ‘tarâ’ib’ of the woman…” He then quotes this interpretation on the authority of the Prophet’s companion Ibn `Abbâs.

So let man observe from what he was created, He was created from a fluid , ejected, Emerging (both the sperm or the egg.) from between the backbone (part of the male body) and the ribs (part of the female)".

Why is it that all other translations refer to backbone and ribs ?

Because they were translating word by word. In Arabic words can be given variant meanings. And not all do that, there is the Pickthall translation.

Anyways I was just checking the verse and I saw different interpretations about it. They all date to before year 1400. Like tafseer al Qurtubi, tafseer Ibn Al Qayyem, and others

Yep I understand. I just wanted to tell you to listen to a sheikh on youtube because I think he has answers to the questions you were asking me in the other thread.

Last edited:

cocokorina

Millions accept islam yet how many practice it properly ? And many people are Muslims but don't agree with many Islamic things such as polygamy or sharia. Many also leave islam but cannot declare it as they can be killed for it. Again this just shows all humans will never accept one religion . To Christians, Christianity is the truth . I don't see how one religion can be the truth and those who deny it are going to hell forever

Last edited: