• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

20 Signs that God exist, and Quraan is the word of God

Sabour

Dude, you're not going to convert anyone with this nonsense, so you might as well give up. It's not fooling anyone.

Although I have to say I am disappointed to read this sentence. But I don't expect anyone to convert because of these.There are 6234 verses in the Quraan. That is not all. I am only saying that there is something worth considering.

Man I am not doing magic. I am putting Quraanic verses, and some scientific discoveries. I am not trying to match blue and red and say that they are the same color.

If you didn't read the signs please just take a look at the topics.

And I have to tell you that I don't feel happy when I am in this forums and being attacked indirectly or even directly.(I am not talking about you am talking about others). I would rather sit and do nothing. I have no personal gains. I even don't know anyone of you.

FunctionalAtheist

Hammer of Reason
Hello Guys

In my first topic “ why I think there is one right religion”, I made clear that I believe that there is God and that Quraan is the word of God and that the right religion is Islam.

As you all know, Quraan was revealed 1400 years ago. And I am saying that it a word of God. But most of you say that God doesn't exist. Others say that God exists, but Quraan is not the word of God. So to prove both of that points, I will highlight twenty scientific miracles (or signs) that Quraan is the true word of God. I think that this would firstly prove that God exists, because the creator is the best who knows about what he created and at the same time those miracles or signs can’t be known (1400 years ago) by any men ( or most of them if you think that some were already known). Note that these aren’t all the signs. Why I chose this method to prove it? Because of this verse

41:53 We will show them Our signs in the horizons and within themselves until it becomes clear to them that it is the truth. But is it not sufficient concerning your Lord that He is, over all things, a Witness?

1- String theory ( first studied in the late 1960s)

51:7 "By heaven furnished with paths;"

In physics, string theory is a theoretical framework in which the point-like particles of particle physics are replaced by one-dimensional objects called strings. In string theory, the strings may be open (forming a segment with two endpoints) or closed (forming a loop like a circle) and may have other special properties.

2- Source of iron

57:25 We have already sent Our messengers with clear evidences and sent down with them the Scripture and the balance that the people may maintain [their affairs] in justice. And We sent down iron, wherein is great military might and benefits for the people, and so that Allah may make evident those who support Him and His messengers unseen. Indeed, Allah is Powerful and Exalted in Might.

Modern astronomical findings have revealed that the iron on Earth came from giant stars in outer space.

3- Life of the sun

13:2 It is Allah who erected the heavens without pillars that you [can] see; then He established Himself above the Throne and made subject the sun and the moon, each running [its course] for a specified term. He arranges [each] matter; He details the signs that you may, of the meeting with your Lord, be certain.

The above verse shows that the life span of the Sun will run for a "specified term." Scientific analysis regarding the end of the Sun describes it as consuming 4 million tons of matter a second, and says that the Sun will die when that fuel has all been consumed.

4- Embryology

77:20-23 Did We not create you from a liquid disdained?, And We placed it in a firm lodging, For a known extent. And We determined [it], and excellent [are We] to determine.

The above verses about the creation of human beings contain fundamental information from the field of embryology. The description of the womb as ‘a secure receptacle” indicates an important feature that has been better understood through modern science. (Allah knows the truth.) The process that begins with the zygote, produced by the sperm and egg cells coming together and continues until the emergence of a complete human being, made up of trillions of cells all working in harmony, takes place in the mother’s womb. This place, where the embryo completes its 9 months of development is, as the verse tells us, ‘a secure receptacle.’
The word "mekiynin," translated as ‘firm’ above, also suggests such meanings as ‘unshakeable, sound, resolute, powerful, fixed and safely put in place.’ The word "kararin" translated as “lodging” also means ‘location, stability, permanence and place of settlement.’ These words very wisely describe the womb as a sound and safe location.

5- Great explosion

6:101 He is the Originator of the heavens and the earth.

Until the mid-20th century, the prevalent view across the world was that the universe was infinite, had existed forever and that it will continue to do so for all time. According to this view, known as the "static universe model," the universe had no end or beginning. As we stated earlier, the conclusion that astrophysics has reached today is that the entire universe, together with the dimensions of matter and time, came into existence as a result of a great explosion that occurred a long time ago.

6- Expanding of the universe

51:47 And the heaven We constructed with strength, and indeed, We are [its] expander.

The word "heaven," as stated in the verse above, is used in various places in the Qur'an. It is referring to space and the wider universe. Modern research, observations, and calculations carried out by means of modern technology have revealed that the universe in fact had a beginning and that it constantly "expands."

7- Shape of the earth

39:5 He created the heavens and earth in truth. He wraps the night over the day and wraps the day over the night and has subjected the sun and the moon, each running [its course] for a specified term. Unquestionably, He is the Exalted in Might, the Perpetual Forgiver.

The information given in the verse about the day and the night wrapping each other up includes accurate information about the shape of the world. This can be true only if the Earth is round. This means that in the Qur'an, which was revealed in the 7th century, the roundness of the world was hinted at.

8- Earthquakes
99:1-2

1When the earth is shaken with its [final] earthquake

2And the earth discharges its burdens

Earthquake is any sudden shaking of the ground caused by the passage of seismic waves through the Earth’s rocks. Seismic waves are produced when some form of energy stored in the Earth’s crust is suddenly released,

9- Describing the mountains

21:31 And We placed within the earth firmly set mountains, lest it should shift with them, and We made therein [mountain] passes [as] roads that they might be guided.
78:7 Mountains as stakes

Formerly, it was thought that mountains were merely protrusions rising above the surface of the Earth. However, scientists realised that this was not actually the case, and that those parts known as the mountain root extended down as far as 10-15 times their own height. With these features, mountains play a similar role to a nail or peg firmly holding down a tent. For example, Mount Everest, the summit of which stands approximately 9 km above the surface of the Earth, has a root deeper than 125 km.24 Mountains have roots deep under the surface of the ground
The crust and the uppermost part of the mantle, with a thickness of about 100 kms., are divided into segments called plates. There are six major plates, and several small ones. According to the theory calledplate tectonics, these plates move about on Earth, carrying continents and ocean floor with them. Continental motion has been measured at from 1-5 cm per year. As the plates continue to move about, this will produce a slow change in Earth's geography. Each year, for instance, the Atlantic Ocean becomes slightly wider.29
There is an important point that needs to be stated here: Allah referred to the motion of mountains as drifting in a verse of the Qur'an. Today, modern scientists also use the term "continental drift" for this motion.30

10- Structure of the earth

86:12 And [by] the earth which cracks open

Scientists first descended to the depths of the seas and oceans in order to study mineral resources in 1945-1946. One of the most important facts to emerge from that research was the fissured structure of the Earth. The rock layer on the external surface of the Earth was split by large numbers of cracks (faults), tens of thousands of kilometres long, running from north to south and east to west.
Each and every connection between your cited verse and your so called proof of the verse, is entirely imaginary. There is no connection other than in your own mind. Just because you wish there was, does not make it so.

Sabour

You only have 20 perceived signs.

Nothing more then faith alone, nothing at all that you can attribute to any deity.

That is why they are called signs. I don't expect anyone to be totally convinced. But this shows that Quraan is worth considering as to be the true word of God.

Sabour

Each and every connection between your cited verse and your so called proof of the verse, is entirely imaginary. There is no connection other than in your own mind. Just because you wish there was, does not make it so.

"By heaven furnished with paths;"

No relation to string theory ?

6:101 He is the Originator of the heavens and the earth. Doesn't this suggest that our universe has a starting point ?

Isn't this how exactly plate tectonics describe the mountains? the only difference is that they didn't use the word stakes

averageJOE

zombie

6:101 He is the Originator of the heavens and the earth. Doesn't this suggest that our universe has a starting point ?

Isn't this how exactly plate tectonics describe the mountains? the only difference is that they didn't use the word stakes

"There is no good and evil, only power, and those too weak to seek it."
Does this not prove Harry Potter is real?

Sabour

"There is no good and evil, only power, and those too weak to seek it."
Does this not prove Harry Potter is real?

If
1- we didn't know that "there is no good and evil, only power, and those too weak to seek it"
2- Harry Potter was the creator of good and evil and power,
3-Was the first to talk about the subject
4-we did our tests and confirmed what Harry potter said long time ago

Than I would go for a Maybe he is real

averageJOE

zombie
If
1- we didn't know that "there is no good and evil, only power, and those too weak to seek it"
2- Harry Potter was the creator of good and evil and power,
3-Was the first to talk about the subject
4-we did our tests and confirmed what Harry potter said long time ago

Than I would go for a Maybe he is real

So show the test's that confirm your god is real. And leave the Quran out.

FunctionalAtheist

Hammer of Reason

By heaven furnished with paths....??

could mean a line of clouds
could mean a rainbow
could mean the invention of airplains
could mean men traveling to the moon
could mean a bird flying away
could mean just about anything anyone could imagine

This argument is beneath me.

Sabour

By heaven furnished with paths....??

could mean a line of clouds
could mean a rainbow