• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

240 days left until the world comes to an end

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
The-Rapture.jpg

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Barnes and Noble has it for the Nook for $10 and change.

Kind of wish I had a Nook, now. However, I could buy about 10 books for the price of a Nook, so I could never make the leap. Plus, having tons of books on my shelves and bureau makes me look smarter.

Rakhel

I just downloaded the book by Camping(it was free as are his other books). When I am done reading it, I will see what it says about the end. 80 pages. I think I can get it done by Saturday. If I don't get bored with it.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
It's even hit the comics pages!

Attachments

• Doonesbury_NormalSummer.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 63
A

angellous_evangellous

That's what she thought.

"Welcome to Jamacia man have a nice day!"

Rakhel

Okay. I have problem with this book already. It quotes where to G-d each year is as a thousand. I have no problem with this. It them goes on to say that some scholars see the discrepancy in the years of the kings may have been a scribal error. Not too much of a problem with that. It then starts talking about the years listed in the bible. This is where I have a problem.
So if to G-d each year is as a thousand, why is the counting exact otherwise? What I mean is, Camping is writing from the beginning of creation to Joseph it is written as if there were thousands of years. Then he writes that the Hebrews were in Egypt for 430 years to the day. I am not even sure if Jews state to the day.
If you are going to say that "each year is as a thousand" (or is it a day? not sure right now.), why are you going to start counting years as years beginning then?