• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

240 days left until the world comes to an end

Rakhel

I have found another problem

The next important juncture in God’s salvation program was the day
Jesus officially began His work as the Messiah. It was the day He was
announced to the world as the Lamb of God who had come to take away the sins
of the world. According to our modern calendar, it was September 26, A.D. 29.
According to the Biblical calendar, it is the first day of the seventh month, which
is the date of the feast of jubilee (incorrectly called the feast of trumpets by
theologians). We surely can see the beautiful similarities of the announcement
of the official beginning of the ministry of Jesus, our jubilee, with a feast of
jubilee.
We Are Almost There-Camping pp26-27
That day is Rosh Hasanah. It is the day of the New Year, when we blow the trumpets. I don't think we were off about that.
Jesus, as the sacrificial Lamb of God, literally suffered the penalty as
demanded by the law of God, before He created the world (see To God Be the
Glory). It had to be equivalent to the punishment that would have been given
to those He came to save, as He made the payment for their sins. This
demonstration of this enormous punishment began on Thursday evening in the
Garden of Gethsemane and continued until just before sundown on Friday. This
awesome event occurred precisely at the same time that the Bible commanded
that the feast of the Passover was to be observed. That Friday, according to the
Biblical calendar, was the fourteenth day of the first month. According to our
modern calendar, it was April 1, A.D. 33.
pp27
That year Pesach actually began Friday night.

Rakhel

Camping seems to be just some random guy who has interpreted the bible to make it say what he wants it to say to make what he says make sense.

And I'm only on page 32

A

angellous_evangellous

Camping seems to be just some random guy who has interpreted the bible to make it say what he wants it to say to make what he says make sense.

And I'm only on page 32

But he's not a random guy. He built a small radio empire and has a good amount of listeners -- whether they agree or not.

It seems to me that he's a reasonably successful evangelist who happens to be a nutcase.

Rakhel

Sukkot(feast of tabernacles), Camping says is oct...Okay I see his problem. He is using the Gregorian calendar to confirm his dates. According to the Hebraic calendar, Sukkot, this year, is Oct 13, where he has it beginning on the 23 of that month.

Rakhel

But he's not a random guy. He built a small radio empire and has a good amount of listeners -- whether they agree or not.

It seems to me that he's a reasonably successful evangelist who happens to be a nutcase.
No more different from Miller or Koresh or any of the other nutballs out there.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Okay. I have problem with this book already. It quotes where to G-d each year is as a thousand. I have no problem with this. It them goes on to say that some scholars see the discrepancy in the years of the kings may have been a scribal error. Not too much of a problem with that. It then starts talking about the years listed in the bible. This is where I have a problem.
So if to G-d each year is as a thousand, why is the counting exact otherwise? What I mean is, Camping is writing from the beginning of creation to Joseph it is written as if there were thousands of years. Then he writes that the Hebrews were in Egypt for 430 years to the day. I am not even sure if Jews state to the day.
If you are going to say that "each year is as a thousand" (or is it a day? not sure right now.), why are you going to start counting years as years beginning then?

I wonder if Camping considered leap years?

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
So some of you christians I probably wont see you guys tomorrow since y'all gonna be raptured up to Jesus. Well at least I will get a chance to drive my dream car while here on Earth.