• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

240 days left until the world comes to an end

Darius1121

Necromancer
Zombie apocalypse? sweet...everyone who gets raptured will lose out on the fun then.I'll just wave at them as they leave,raise some zombies,and relax.

Of course,you realize that 2012 is the end of the age,not of the world.The reason the Mayan calendar stops at 2012 is that the Mayans knew this.There is no reason to make a calendar that goes into a future age that you have no ability to predict or even understand,given that it could affect the world in a infinite number of ways,at least from their own viewpoint.The closer we come to this point,the smaller number of possibilities there are.Hence the problem with future predictions.In this,i prefer Nostradamus' view,in which the world will not end for more than 2000 years later.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Zombie apocalypse? sweet...everyone who gets raptured will lose out on the fun then.I'll just wave at them as they leave,raise some zombies,and relax.

Of course,you realize that 2012 is the end of the age,not of the world.The reason the Mayan calendar stops at 2012 is that the Mayans knew this....
Except this thread is not about the ridiculous 2012 hysteria.

Day of Judgment May 21, 2011: Harold Camping

Just_me_Mike

So I talked with my wife at lunch about post May 21 if nothing should happen. I want to go back to school, at an actual university. I've only been to numerous community colleges and business schools.
Not sure what major yet, but I figure I have enough going on in my head that more proper education might be a good thing.

As for switching religions I would most likely join TW as a deist.

InChrist

Free4ever
Not sure friend... I just feel quite confused right now. Not the best of feelings.
Well I am off to take my wife out to lunch today. I'll check back in later...

You are listening to and believing the teachings of a man, a false prophet rather than the true and living God and His Word, this brings confusion to one's mind and spirit.

For God is not the author of confusion but of peace... 1 Cor. 14:33

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. 1 John 3:18

Last edited:

Just_me_Mike

You are listening to and believing the teachings of a man, a false prophet rather than the true and living God and His Word, this brings confusion to one's mind and spirit.

For God is not the author of confusion but of peace... 1 Cor. 14:33
Ah wonderful, so maybe I should ask you for direction and stop listening to Harold Camping.
Would you mind teaching me how to follow the bible and God? Oh pwitty please with sugar on top of it.
Give me a break, you're too funny.

If nothing turns out this Saturday, I will continue to live my life and leave God where ever he is. I don't hate God at that point, I simply just don't know him.

Wait... wait... I can hear it now. You can tell me how to know him ;)

Give it a rest... please :yes:

Skwim

Veteran Member
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. 1 John 3:18
Exodus20:20
Moses said to the people, "Do not be afraid. God has come to test you, so that the fear of God will be with you to keep you from sinning."

Leviticus 19:14
"'Do not curse the deaf or put a stumbling block in front of the blind, but fear your God. I am the Lord.

Deuteronomy 5:29
Oh, that their hearts would be inclined to fear me and keep all my commands always, so that it might go well with them and their children forever!

Deuteronomy 6:1,2
These are the commands, decrees and laws the Lord your God directed me to teach you to observe in the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess, so that you, your children and their children after them may fear the Lord your God as long as you live by keeping all his decrees and commands that I give you, and so that you may enjoy long life.

Deuteronomy 6:13
fear the Lord your God, serve him only and take your oaths in his name.

Deuteronomy 6:24
The Lord commanded us to obey all these decrees and to fear the Lord our God, so that we might always prosper and be kept alive, as is the case today.

Joshua 4:23,24
For the Lord your God dried up the Jordan before you until you had crossed over. The Lord your God did to the Jordan just what he had done to the Red Sea when he dried it up before us until we had crossed over. He did this so that all the peoples of the earth might know that the hand of the Lord is powerful and so that you might always fear the Lord your God."

Joshua 24:14
"Now fear the Lord and serve him with all faithfulness. Throw away the gods your forefathers worshiped beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord.

Etc.

Etc.

Etc.

james2ko

So I talked with my wife at lunch about post May 21 if nothing should happen. I want to go back to school, at an actual university. I've only been to numerous community colleges and business schools.
Not sure what major yet, but I figure I have enough going on in my head that more proper education might be a good thing.

As for switching religions I would most likely join TW as a deist.

It seems as though the seeds of doubt have taken root. A step in the right direction.

Just_me_Mike

Exodus20:20
Moses said to the people, "Do not be afraid. God has come to test you, so that the fear of God will be with you to keep you from sinning."

Leviticus 19:14
"'Do not curse the deaf or put a stumbling block in front of the blind, but fear your God. I am the Lord.

Deuteronomy 5:29
Oh, that their hearts would be inclined to fear me and keep all my commands always, so that it might go well with them and their children forever!

Deuteronomy 6:1,2
These are the commands, decrees and laws the Lord your God directed me to teach you to observe in the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess, so that you, your children and their children after them may fear the Lord your God as long as you live by keeping all his decrees and commands that I give you, and so that you may enjoy long life.

Deuteronomy 6:13
fear the Lord your God, serve him only and take your oaths in his name.

Deuteronomy 6:24
The Lord commanded us to obey all these decrees and to fear the Lord our God, so that we might always prosper and be kept alive, as is the case today.

Joshua 4:23,24
For the Lord your God dried up the Jordan before you until you had crossed over. The Lord your God did to the Jordan just what he had done to the Red Sea when he dried it up before us until we had crossed over. He did this so that all the peoples of the earth might know that the hand of the Lord is powerful and so that you might always fear the Lord your God."

Joshua 24:14
"Now fear the Lord and serve him with all faithfulness. Throw away the gods your forefathers worshiped beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord.

Etc.

Etc.

Etc.
It seems some can't understand the word fear, can mean a few different things. :shrug: oh well...

Just_me_Mike

It seems as though the seeds of doubt have taken root. A step in the right direction.
Ummm Where have you been? I have been doubtful since I joined the RF.
Namely, that I don't think God loves me. I don't doubt the world will end, and all of that. I just doubt that I am a child of God. :shrug:

InChrist

Free4ever
Ah wonderful, so maybe I should ask you for direction and stop listening to Harold Camping.
Would you mind teaching me how to follow the bible and God? Oh pwitty please with sugar on top of it.
Give me a break, you're too funny.

If nothing turns out this Saturday, I will continue to live my life and leave God where ever he is. I don't hate God at that point, I simply just don't know him.

Wait... wait... I can hear it now. You can tell me how to know him ;)

Give it a rest... please :yes:

No, I don't want you to ask me for direction, but I am hoping you will directly ask Jesus Christ for guidance.

For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus... 1 Tim. 2:5

james2ko

Ummm Where have you been? I have been doubtful since I joined the RF. Namely, that I don't think God loves me. I don't doubt the world will end, and all of that. I just doubt that I am a child of God. :shrug:

If you don't doubt the world will end on May 21st, why even entertain the option of going to school or switching religions?:shrug:

gigglesgirl4u

dou really believe that there is 240 days until the world ends. did god drop a note in someone's lap stating that. he is the only 1 who decided and we will not get any warnings and etc. howard camping has predicted the end of the world 2 times , jehovah's wittnesses, we are all here.. and as howard camping states may 21st is the end. why is he asking for donations on his family radio site if he won't have money when the world ends makes no sense. i would think he would spend what he had and prepare himself without asking for donations.. it has been in the bible that god is the one who decides when judgement day comes, not camping, not mayans, etc.

Just_me_Mike

If you don't doubt the world will end on May 21st, why even entertain the option of going to school or switching religions?:shrug:
Because I am human, and as a human being, I am not God. Since I am not God, I can only offer my understanding of said material. I can be wrong, but I doubt that I am. Still many wonder what will I do if I am wrong.
Get it?

Just_me_Mike

No, I don't want you to ask me for direction, but I am hoping you will directly ask Jesus Christ for guidance.
So in "hoping I will", how can you not say you desire some control over how I take my life? You are still indirectly offering direction to me, based on "your" understanding of scripture.

The cousin of Arrogance is "false humility"

Just_me_Mike

dou really believe that there is 240 days until the world ends. did god drop a note in someone's lap stating that. he is the only 1 who decided and we will not get any warnings and etc. howard camping has predicted the end of the world 2 times , jehovah's wittnesses, we are all here.. and as howard camping states may 21st is the end. why is he asking for donations on his family radio site if he won't have money when the world ends makes no sense. i would think he would spend what he had and prepare himself without asking for donations.. it has been in the bible that god is the one who decides when judgement day comes, not camping, not mayans, etc.
Well, fortunately, this notion will be done in 4 days, and I can move on, die, or go to heaven.
If nothing happens, I will move on and drop religion altogether. If it is real and I don't go to heaven I will die. If it is real and I am saved I will go to heaven.

Camping predicted 1994 even though he knew about 2011. He thought God would judge the world early, because of a verse in the bible that says "for the sake of the elect, God would end it early" (paraphrased). He has since learned that it would be 2011, and he misunderstood that verse.
The problem here, is people paint a picture of Camping that suggests he went back to the drawing board and simply tweaked or completely redid his math. That is not the truth. But, I am done arguing for him, it doesn't matter. There is so much disinformation about him, I simply am not worried about defending him. As such, I understand your post and where you are coming from...

james2ko

Because I am human, and as a human being, I am not God. Since I am not God, I can only offer my understanding of said material. I can be wrong, but I doubt that I am. Still many wonder what will I do if I am wrong.
Get it?

It's a much different response from the same question posed to you last month.. See here

Like I said, the seeds of doubt have taken root. Nothing wrong with that though. Hopefully it kept you from making foolish decisions.

Just_me_Mike

It's a much different response from the same question posed to you last month.. See here

Like I said, the seeds of doubt have taken root. Nothing wrong with that though. Hopefully it kept you from making foolish decisions.
Hmm, OK I understand you're point, but I need to clarify.
I do think it is going to happen. I think more that it is going to happen than it is not going to happen. I really do. However, many have asked what if it doesn't happen. Which I resisted for a while, but then decided to answer. I decided this because I am human. And as such, I just explained what that means to me.
So to be clear, I still feel 100% certain it is going to happen. K? So you can still keep me on your crazy list for now. ;)