• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A New Dark Age For Europe

shmogie

Quite freely, is that what you call it?

In the UK you have to be careful what you say, when you say it and where you say it.

If you are overheard having a conversation that someone deems to be offensive you can be arrested for a hate crime.

As this wise woman says, the UK is becoming a communist state.

A communist state in transition to a muslim theocratic state.

I find it quite interesting that in America, with a tradition of free speech based on the Constitution, Christian symbols have been bashed for years, an image of Christ in urine is one of the more egregious ones.

Nevertheless, most Christians, like me, accepted this as free speech. We recognize that if offensive to some speech is stopped, then the precedent is set to stop any speech.

Now the I am offended attitude of islam has reared up, and efforts are beginning to kowtow to their sensibilities.

I hope to God America stops this nonsense.

They can take their lumps just like any other American does when it comes to being offended because of something they cherish.

When they want to kill someone who factually states that mohammed was a pedophile, it won´t be easy.

shmogie

I can't imagine people in London living like this.

'Sharia Patrols' Harassing Citizens in London, Belgium, Sweden

Not sure if it's improved since 2015. Maybe someone who lives in London, Belguim, or Sweden can tell us?
To the liberal muslim apologists, of which we have some here, what is posted either is not believed, or is excused for some reason. Reality does not fit their concocted narrative.

They are entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Quite freely, is that what you call it?

In the UK you have to be careful what you say, when you say it and where you say it.

If you are overheard having a conversation that someone deems to be offensive you can be arrested for a hate crime.

As this wise woman says, the UK is becoming a communist state.

Simple solution, dont hate.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
To the liberal muslim apologists, of which we have some here, what is posted either is not believed, or is excused for some reason. Reality does not fit their concocted narrative.

I would have sent in the military to put an immediate end to it.

shmogie

Well, when you live with other humans you tend to have to mind your manners. And when you live in a civil society you don't get to do anything you want to anyone you want for any reason you want. No matter how much you hate them. Language is not a "get away with anything I like" card. Words can cause damage to the rights and the well being of us and others. So speech has to be held to the standards of a civil society, just like any other human activity does.
That is pure drivel.

Free speech, means exactly that, those who don´t like it don´t have to listen.

Your concept is just an excuse to muzzle someone whose words are not liked by the majority, or the government.

The American revolution was based in part because of this idea. The British government wanted to shut up the American Founders because they didn´t like their speech.

Free speech denied some, is free speech for none.

sooda

Veteran Member
A communist state in transition to a muslim theocratic state.

I find it quite interesting that in America, with a tradition of free speech based on the Constitution, Christian symbols have been bashed for years, an image of Christ in urine is one of the more egregious ones.

Nevertheless, most Christians, like me, accepted this as free speech. We recognize that if offensive to some speech is stopped, then the precedent is set to stop any speech.

Now the I am offended attitude of islam has reared up, and efforts are beginning to kowtow to their sensibilities.

I hope to God America stops this nonsense.

They can take their lumps just like any other American does when it comes to being offended because of something they cherish.

When they want to kill someone who factually states that mohammed was a pedophile, it won´t be easy.

Still at it I see.. Muhammed wasn't a pedophile.

ChristineM

Premium Member

Not believed by you, i really dont give a damn what you believe about my life

And i am entitled to all facts, whether it upsets your sensibilities or not

shmogie

Simple solution, dont hate.
Hate has nothing to do with it.

Facts are history, not hate.

Nevertheless, hate is a human emotion for those who have, and itś expression is normal as well.

If you had control over whether neo naziś could hold a rally, what would be your emotional state in making a decision, be honest now.

shmogie

Still at it I see.. Muhammed wasn't a pedophile.
What do you call marrying a 6 year old girl, Aisha, and having sex with her at 9 years of age ?

Do you need a citation for this ? Or, do you already know it ??

shmogie

Not believed by you, i really dont give a damn what you believe about my life

And i am entitled to all facts, whether it upsets your sensibilities or not
It doesn´t upset me, I agree with you.

I don know anything about your life, and don care to know.

Are you identifying yourself as a liberal muslim apologist ?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Seeing how in the Qu'ran, promotes lying and deceiving, So how is anyone to know if Muslims are speaking the truth?
When you say the Qur'an is lying, is that from your view as a christian? or as a person who have the knowledge of what the qur'an actually meaning?
Because if i read the bible one time, i get one understanding, if i read the bible ten time very deeply verse by verse, the knowledge/wisdom will be different, more clear,
That is exactly the same with the qur'an, or the buddhist suttas or the torah.

What i mean is, if you study the religious texts ans want to find what you consider to be false or wrong, you will find it, because there are parts in all the religious texts (that i have read) that contain contradiction. in one verse one thing is said, in an other verse it say differnt. I think this means, think for you self and deside what is the most moral way to do a thing.

We do need the teachings in texts, But we should not follow them blindly, but use it as a guideline for our own life.

Many years ago i was one of the persons who made critique of others religion, until i realised that, that was not a true path to take, because when i looked at my self, i was just like everybody else, i made mistakes but learned from it, and now i dont see wrong in religions, but i see the wrong doing people do. Yes it is always the person who do wrong, not the spiritual/reigious texts.

As spiritual people we need to use our mind to understand how to behave toward others, if we do not behave good we will experience suffering

ChristineM

Premium Member
Hate has nothing to do with it.

Facts are history, not hate.

Nevertheless, hate is a human emotion for those who have, and itś expression is normal as well.

If you had control over whether neo naziś could hold a rally, what would be your emotional state in making a decision, be honest now.

Hate and xenophobia have everything to do with it

What a stupid and irrelevant question. What have neo nazies tom do with it?