• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abortion is murder

Draka

Wonder Woman
God didn't kill His child. People did. He allowed it because of the good that would come of it. Because of Jesus' death, and separation from God, I don't ever have to spend eternity in hell away from God, Jesus, and all of my loved ones. There are good things that can come out of bad situations.

Jesus' death was the plan all along. Your "god" sent his son to die. Real compassionate dad that is. :sarcastic

I'm sorry if you lost a child, but you did not "make" them. Your child is in Heaven with God now, and if you would just accept Jesus as your savior you WILL see your child someday. Just think about that. Picture yourself walking through Heaven's gates, and having the child that was once inside you running to meet you.

I did make those children. You wanna see my medical records?

The Lady and the Lord, and all the other gods and goddesses, do not play games like that. Not like "believe this and I'll let you into my special clubhouse". They love all creatures large and small. They arrange for our rebirth and reincarnation to live many lifetimes. So, if there was already a spirit lined up for the babies I lost then who knows? Perhaps I'll run into them again in another lifetime...perhaps even this one.

God doesn't demand love, He gives us free will. I pray that God will reveal himself to you and that you will feel His Holy Spirit all around you.

Fine, and then I'll pray for you to find the Great Goddess and She leads you down the path of love and compassion and acceptance. That She, and Her Consort, guide you in finding your way to true wisdom. ;)

Weddy

Forgiven
Fine, and then I'll pray for you to find the Great Goddess and She leads you down the path of love and compassion and acceptance. That She, and Her Consort, guide you in finding your way to true wisdom. ;)

I already have love and compassion through my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I see that you are 33 weeks and 2 days pregnant. Congratulations! I pray for you to have a healthy baby and a quick and easy delivery. I have to go now, but I'm sure I'll see you around the boards again. :)

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Again, God gives us free will to sin or not to sin. I do not doubt God's power, but if he stopped everything we do, it would not be free will. However, if we choose to sin, we will be punished.
So “God” grants us free will. Would you have the government take away what “God” has granted?

Draka

Wonder Woman
So your god is as culpable as man?

But when her god does it it's all hunky-dory. :rolleyes:

I see her argument basically saying that all babies, all humans, are his property and he'll kill them whenever he wants. While that coincides with a lot in the bible I still have to find it ironic. It's somehow ok for god to kill "his" babies, but it's not ok for the parents who created the life to get rid of it. If it's a property thing, if all babies are her god's, then why the heck isn't he the one paying child support and paying the doctor bills and buying the diapers and up all night with the kid when it has the flu? Seems her god pawns his responsibility off on everyone else and anyone who doesn't want it will be damned...quite literally.:sarcastic

I simply can't view life that way. I'd go insane...or else have to be insane to even consider that view in the first place.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
then why the heck isn't he the one paying child support and paying the doctor bills and buying the diapers and up all night with the kid when it has the flu?

We dont need to buy those things Draka...all we have to do is live with the birds in a tree an all those things will come to us..

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
It's somehow ok for god to kill "his" babies, but it's not ok for the parents who created the life to get rid of it.

But see you're missing the point..my husband and I did NOT create our babies..God did.

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I will say...the God I know ...wouldnt want us to abuse our children..and wants us to love them and provide for them..Not sit around and wait for Him to drop it from the sky..I think God counts on us to use are brains as well as our hearts...

Love

Dallas

Tau

fantôme profane;1188038 said:
So “God” grants us free will. Would you have the government take away what “God” has granted?

There is free will and there is social order and the Christian God definately proscribes social order, the bible does not proscribe anarchy, Jesus says ''Give to Caesar what is Caesar's'' as well as many other related verses.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
There is free will and there is social order and the Christian God definately proscribes social order, the bible does not proscribe anarchy, Jesus says ''Give to Caesar what is Caesar's'' as well as many other related verses.

I paid my taxes..

Love

Dallas

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Right, "Give to Ceasar what is Caesar's" meaning obey the law. And the law says that abortion is legal. ie- NOT murder.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
We are to obey civil law unless it would cause us to disobey Divine law.
Can you give us an example of a civil law that would cause you disobey divine law if you were to obey it? There is certainly no civil law that I am aware of that would cause someone to get an abortion.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
We are to obey civil law unless it would cause us to disobey Divine law.

So dont use birth control..Go forth and multiply..Like God said to do..Legally you can use birth control..But God said to multiply..So have 8 or 10 or 12 children..

If God is the one giving us our children..Why do we manipulate when he can or cant give them to us?..(assuming you are married or have been..or plan on it in the future)

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
fantôme profane;1188489 said:
Can you give us an example of a civil law that would cause you disobey divine law if you were to obey it? There is certainly no civil law that I am aware of that would cause someone to get an abortion.

I see what your saying..Its legal to have one..but not "illegal" not to..So you arent "disobeying' the law if you do not take advantage of that civil liberty...

Love

Dallas

Weddy

Forgiven
fantôme profane;1188489 said:

Abortion is legal, but divine law says it isn't. In some states same sex marriage is legal, but divine law says it isn't.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Abortion is legal, but divine law says it isn't. In some states same sex marriage is legal, but divine law says it isn't.

Then divine law says birth control is illegal..

Or do WE get to decide how many times we "multiply" instead of the divine law to just do it(multiply) period?

Divine law never said "Thou go forth and multiply twice... thou haveth Johhny and Jane ..then thou get a visectomy so thou and thoueth wife and thy children haveth advantages"...

Love

Dallas

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
But “God” takes no action to prevent this. Yesterday you said that it was because “God” values free will. If this is “God” policy shouldn’t the government do the same? Should the government take away the free will that “God” has granted?