• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abortion is murder

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Tau said:
My bible says Thou Shalt Not Kill.

1 Samuel 15:2-3 (King James Version)
Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt. Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ***.

God's complete disregard for human life demonstrates that even if abortion is immoral, God would not give a damn.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt. Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ***.

God's complete disregard for human life demonstrates that even if abortion is immoral, God would not give a damn.

OUCH!

Love

Dallas

Draka

Wonder Woman

Wow...just waiting for Ron to show up with his lovely saying after this!

damn06.jpg

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
My bible says Thou Shalt Not Kill.

Mine is the Roman Catholic version (I think), the 'proper' version
Your bible is an English translation of various texts that were originally written in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek.

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism
Here is Islam's view on abortion.

According to Islam God breaths into the spirit of an unborn baby four and half months into pregnancy. That is, a baby has a soul but not a spirit before that time. Therefore, abortion before 4.5 months may be done without any reason whatsoever (with one exception). Following 4.5 months of pregnancy abortion is considered murder of a human being and should only be done for a very good reason ... such as the mother's possible death.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Here is Islam's view on abortion.

According to Islam God breaths into the spirit of an unborn baby four and half months into pregnancy. That is, a baby has a soul but not a spirit before that time. Therefore, abortion before 4.5 months may be done without any reason whatsoever (with one exception). Following 4.5 months of pregnancy abortion is considered murder of a human being and should only be done for a very good reason ... such as the mother's possible death.
Just out of curiosity, what's the exception? :)

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism
hehe ...

Islam is okay with not having children for any reason (mother's health, child needs attention, etc.) EXCEPT that you do not have children for economic/financial concerns. The primary reason given in the Quran (I think though I am not sure) for this is that it is an insult to God that he lets a child be born and does not provide resources for his/her existence. If you want to debate this please send me a private message and I will start a new thread.

Tau

Your bible is an English translation of various texts that were originally written in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek.

Really, I think your psychic powers are weakening....

I think you will find it is in Latin, yes I can read Latin.
The commandments are paraphrased in english as well.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Really, I think your psychic powers are weakening....

I think you will find it is in Latin, yes I can read Latin.
The commandments are paraphrased in english as well.
I think you missed the point entirely.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Just two versions of aout 30..

Love

Dallas

Exodus 20:13
(ASV)
Thou shalt not kill.

(BBE)
Do not put anyone to death without cause.

(CEV)
Do not murder.

(Darby)
Thou shalt not kill.

(DRB)
Thou shalt not kill.

(ESV)
"You shall not murder.

(GLB)
Du sollst nicht töten.

(GW)
"Never murder.

(KJV-1611)
Thou shalt not kill.

(KJVR)
Thou shalt not kill.

(LITV)
You shall not murder.

(MKJV)
You shall not kill.

(Webster)
Thou shalt not kill.

(YLT)
`Thou dost not murder.

Tau

I think you missed the point entirely.

:rolleyes:

Not really, I am quite aware of the multitude of editions/translations/interpretations of that entity collectively called the Bible.

I just thought it was obvious, but anyway, mine says Thou Shalt Not Kill.

I don't belive in the empirical word of the Bible lilithu, I am not a Christian, how many times do I have to say it!
I think YOU have missed the point entirely.....I was using that wording of that commandment as the basis of my philosophy regarding abortion, who gives a flying wossname if it is empirical or not, that is utterly irrelevant as is going on about different translations!
I just percieve that it should be (Thou Shalt Not Kill should be law)....I am not here to debate the validity of the Bible lol.

As I said earlier a number of times in different ways.

I am not a Christian and I do not hold that the Bible is the literal word of God.

OK?

Sk8Joyful

Without trying to insult anybody, but it's my opinion.
Yes, I agree, it is murder. But at certain stage it's like killing a fly. Or a fish or think of any other animal you would have less trouble killing. As I don't believe in the soul, life is a learningprocess. At a certain point, cells are automated in learning. It's after that moment they start "conciously" learning.

So I agree that it is murder, but until they are in the "concious" learning part, I agree that it can be wiser to remove...
I haven't visited this Forum for about a month; and everytime I come, I like it less.

Herewith my response re "removing a soul-less fly", while addressing either Divine, or Human-life:
To argue that LIFE does not begin at conception, must lead one to assume Christ was
at one point a "potentially human" Christ. That which was conceived by the Holy Ghost was
not an "it," a "potential human," or a "blob of tissue." It was our Lord & Saviour, Jesus Christ.
&
2. Luke 1:15-17
John the Baptist - Filled with the Holy Spirit from the womb.
&
3. Luke 1:36
Elizabeth was 6 months along, when Jesus was conceived in Mary's womb.
&
4. Luke 1:39-44.
John's reaction: to the pre-born Christ entering the room.
&
5. Pre-born: Luke 1:41, 44
&
6. Jeremiah 1:5
GOD: "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you".
&
7. Psalm 51:5
David discusses the spiritual state he was in before he was born
(his personhood began at conception).
&
8. Genesis 25:22-28
Jacob and Esau were distinct individuals, before birth.
&
9. Psalm 22:10.
"From my mother's womb you have been my God."
&
10. Psalm 58:3:
"from the womb they are wayward and speak lies."

in Summary:
Jesus came to save, restore, and renew life.

Satan comes to steal, kill, and destroy. as has been said "DENIAL ain't just a river"

GOD also said: "CHOOSE ye this day whom ye will serve..."

Annie

Sk8Joyful

Aborting infants by elective termination is simply murder.

The stage at which at a human being is created is during conception.
Yes,
just like Aborting other people, by "elective termination is simply murder."

We live in a GOD-forsaken, sick world - where people's "murder-for-Hire" is cool.