• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abortion is never justifiable, even in rape cases

Sonofason

Of course I knew you weren't ready for this, but I thought you might last a bit longer.

Sometimes my emotions get the best of me. How long do I have to watch you splashing around in the baby pool? When will you learn to swim?

I will try to have more patience.

Sonofason

You'd be demonstrably wrong. In fact, the concept of murder changes constantly across the world. At any moment, some legislators somewhere are rewriting their homicide laws.

It's why I asked you which laws God was speaking about when he told us not to murder. The probably-oral laws of the wandering Jews?

I'm guessing they allowed the negligent killing of their slaves. No penalty. Do you agree that we should be allowed to negligentally kill someone without penalty?

Is that your personal belief? Or a truth which transcends the opinion of sonofason?

It is a truth that transcends even the opinions of sonofason.

AmbiguousGuy

It is a truth that transcends even the opinions of sonofason.

I knew you were a prophet of God -- capable of informing us of God's Actual Opinion -- from very shortly after we met.

But I ask you the same question as I ask all prophets: What evidence do you have that you speak for God more truly than other prophets speak for God?

I have a ridiculously high IQ, an obvious facility with the language, logic out the kazoo, spirituality unmatched by any other member here or elsewhere in the universe... and an actual Prophet's Badge from an accredited prophet-accrediting agency.

What do you have to convince me that you know God's truth more truly than I know God's truth?

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
The point is this:

Why should we let a fictional being dictate what sovereign human beings want to do with their bodies?

AmbiguousGuy

That is a very subjective question. I believe that abortion, especially when used as a contraceptive is just as evil as infanticide.

I doubt you really believe that. It would mean that you'd be out kidnapping women as they tried to enter abortion clinics and imprisoning them until they give birth.

If I came upon a woman trying to drown her infants in a bathtub, I would surely use whatever force against her which might be necessary.

If abortion and infanticide are the same, you'd be willing to use deadly force to prevent abortion, wouldn't you?

Sonofason

I knew you were a prophet of God -- capable of informing us of God's Actual Opinion -- from very shortly after we met.

But I ask you the same question as I ask all prophets: What evidence do you have that you speak for God more truly than other prophets speak for God?

I have a ridiculously high IQ, an obvious facility with the language, logic out the kazoo, spirituality unmatched by any other member here or elsewhere in the universe... and an actual Prophet's Badge from an accredited prophet-accrediting agency.

What do you have to convince me that you know God's truth more truly than I know God's truth?

It is not my objective to convince anyone of anything. My only objective is to be honest and truthful. I expect absolutely nothing from you.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
Moses and Joan of Arc got to lead all the parades!

How I long for the good old days.

Me too. Ahhh... The "good ol' days"...:rolleyes:
inquisition-wheel.jpg

crusades.jpg

AmbiguousGuy

It is not my objective to convince anyone of anything. My only objective is to be honest and truthful. I expect absolutely nothing from you.

So I can just announce the Actual Truth, and you'll feel no need to convince anyone that I'm wrong?

OK: Abortion is not murder. It's not even killing. The embryo is nothing but a clump of cells in a woman's belly. Ensoulment -- if it happens at all -- happens about two weeks after quickening. But even late-term abortion is OK if the mother's life is in danger.

Sonofason

So I can just announce the Actual Truth, and you'll feel no need to convince anyone that I'm wrong?

OK: Abortion is not murder. It's not even killing. The embryo is nothing but a clump of cells in a woman's belly. Ensoulment -- if it happens at all -- happens about two weeks after quickening. But even late-term abortion is OK if the mother's life is in danger.

Of course not; you can announce what ever you like to announce. If I find or believe it to be untrue, I will say so.

I believe that you are nothing more than a clump of cells existing outside your mothers womb. I believe that it may be quite reasonable to abort all clumps of cells from existence.

AmbiguousGuy

I believe that you are nothing more than a clump of cells existing outside your mothers womb. I believe that it may be quite reasonable to abort all clumps of cells from existence.

So you're OK if US soldiers come to your house and kill you and the other clumps of cells who live with you?

I'm sorry. I just don't believe you.

Sonofason

So you're OK if US soldiers come to your house and kill you and the other clumps of cells who live with you?

I'm sorry. I just don't believe you.

Well, if US soldiers were to succeed in coming to my house and killing me and and every other clump of cells living with me, I'd be okay with it.