• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Allah Is Same As Elohim

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Rolling_Stone said:
Uh, guys? "Elohim" is plural. The singular is Eloah.
Uh, Stone, Elohim is a plural noun used to refer to a singular much as we might say a bunch of grapes; bunch being singular in usage but referring to many grapes. This points to God being a plurality, ie. the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. One God, three parts.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
joeboonda said:
Be assured, no Muslim dares call Jesus Lord and Saviour nor looks to Him for salvation. Two different Gods and two different religions and two different ways of salvation.

Neither do the Jews. Does that mean that they worship a different god than the christians?

joeboonda

MaddLlama said:
Neither do the Jews. Does that mean that they worship a different god than the christians?

By rejecting Jesus, God the Son, the are unwittingly turning their back on God the Father. The N.T. explains this in detail, especially the book of Hebrews, Galatians, and Romans.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
joeboonda said:
By rejecting Jesus, God the Son, the are unwittingly turning their back on God the Father. The N.T. explains this in detail, especially the book of Hebrews, Galatians, and Romans.
But, that doesn't answer my question. You said that Muslims don't worship the same god as Christians only because they reject Jesus as "the only way". But, the Jews reject Jesus as well. So if Muslims don't worship the same god because they reject Jesus, then why do the Jews worship the same god and reject Jesus? You can't have it both ways.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
joeboonda said:
Allah is not the God of the Bible, no way. The Bible says that God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in HIM shall not perish but have everlasting life. Islam says, "Alah has no son." One is right, and one is dead wrong. Either God sent His Son to pay for the sin of the world by paying the penalty of sin, which is death, or God has no Son. In light of the thousands of precise, exact, fullfilled scripture of the Bible compared to one self-fulfilling one in the Koran, I will go with the God who sent His Son. (Mohammad 'predicted' that he would go to Mecca, easy enough to do, Jesus predicted that He would rise from the dead the third day, not so easy) And that is only one of the many differences.

This where you and others like you have become ignorant of Islam.

ofcourse it is the same. I belive it is Eloh=Allah and Elohim=Allahuma

Shalom=Salaam...

The hebrew and the muslim maybe of the same bloodline of Ishamel and Issac. For the most part Arabic is hebrew turned on its side. Meaning, you can take certain words in hebrew and turn the letters on its side and it is arabic.

Now to get to your misunderstanding of the qur'an. the qur'an speaks of Jesus more than it does Muhammad. The qur'an is a complete scripture where as the "bible" (Collection of writtings) was pieced together by a council in the second century. There are plenty of scriptures that were not included. We have also seen the discovery of more scripture such as the scrolls of qumran (Dead Sea Scrolls) that may also give accounts of the life and times of certain people of the scriptures.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
joeboonda said:
Jesus is the only begotten Son of God, conceived by the Holy Ghost. Here is our tri-une being. Islam does not believe this, nor do they teach salvation through faith in Christ, in His atoning death on the cross. Either one is right or one is wrong. I myself place my faith in the living Son of God, the Lord and Saviour and King of Kings, Jesus Christ. Be assured, no Muslim dares call Jesus Lord and Saviour nor looks to Him for salvation. Two different Gods and two different religions and two different ways of salvation.

So are you saying that jewish people are wrong as well?

For you information Jesus is NOT GOD. He didn't refer to himself as God nor is that what he taught his followers. He said plenty of times to his people that he wasn't. He was refered to "teacher"....Master and Lord were considered terms of respect and not as most have interperted them today.

Kings or people of royalty were refered to as Master or Lord as well. As i have stated before. The God of the Bible and the God of the qur'an are the same. it's really the God of the OT and the Qur'an. But again, the qur'an speaks of Jesus than it does Muhammed. You should at least spend some time studying the qur'an and speaking with muslims before you assume.

UnityNow101

I have never understood how Christians come to the conclusion that Muslims worship some foreign God when there is only ONE God. To say that they call on another God when they call upon Allah is not based upon any reasonable discernment. Christians love and praise the Jews when they deny Jesus Christ altogether. They deny Him as a Prophet. Yet Muslims respect and follow Jesus Christ and Christians say that they worship Satan. Makes no sense to me. From a Christian perspective, Muslims should be more based in truth than Jews, simply because they recognized the Light that was Jesus Christ whereas the Jews rejected Him outright.

joeboonda

MaddLlama said:
But, that doesn't answer my question. You said that Muslims don't worship the same god as Christians because they reject Jesus as "the only way". But, the Jews reject Jesus as well. So if Muslims don't worship the same god because they reject Jesus, then why do the Jews worship the same god and reject Jesus?

All I will say is that the Bible, both OT, and NT, says that because of the hardness of their hearts God has blinded their eyes to the truth of the Gospel. But there are Messianic Jews who have placed their trust in Christ for salvation. And of course the first Christians were Jewish.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
joeboonda said:
All I will say is that the Bible, both OT, and NT, says that because of the hardness of their hearts God has blinded their eyes to the truth of the Gospel. But there are Messianic Jews who have placed their trust in Christ for salvation. And of course the first Christians were Jewish.

That still doesn't answer my question. Matter of fact it is completely unrelated to my question. You're just avoiding it.

You said that Muslims are not Christians only because they reject Christ as "the only way", even though Muslims do consider him to be a prophet. Jews reject Christ altogether, so if the only qualifier for worshipping the Christian god is accepting Jesus as god, then Jews don't worship the same god either. You can't have both. If Jews don't have to worship Jesus to be worshipping the same god as you, then you need to come up with another reason that Muslims aren't either.
Not my fault you put yourself into a logical trap and can't explain your way out of it.

joeboonda

DreGod07 said:
This where you and others like you have become ignorant of Islam.

ofcourse it is the same. I belive it is Eloh=Allah and Elohim=Allahuma

Shalom=Salaam...

The hebrew and the muslim maybe of the same bloodline of Ishamel and Issac. For the most part Arabic is hebrew turned on its side. Meaning, you can take certain words in hebrew and turn the letters on its side and it is arabic.

Now to get to your misunderstanding of the qur'an. the qur'an speaks of Jesus more than it does Muhammad. The qur'an is a complete scripture where as the "bible" (Collection of writtings) was pieced together by a council in the second century. There are plenty of scriptures that were not included. We have also seen the discovery of more scripture such as the scrolls of qumran (Dead Sea Scrolls) that may also give accounts of the life and times of certain people of the scriptures.

The Dead Sea Scrolls will illustrate my point just fine. The Bible, which you call 'pieced together', compared to the qu'ran which you call complete, says that Abraham took Isaac to sacrifice on the alter, yet the qur'an says it was Ishmael whom Abraham took to the alter. Well, before the Dead Sea Scrolls, the oldest manuscript we had was from the 11th century that contained this bit of scripture, so neither side could prove who was right. But with the Dead Sea Scrolls, which dated further back, before the start of Islam, guess who it was that Abraham laid on the alter? It was Isaac. Proving that the Bible was right all along, and the qur'an was in error.

joeboonda

MaddLlama said:
That still doesn't answer my question. Matter of fact it is completely unrelated to my question. You're just avoiding it.

You said that Muslims are not Christians only because they reject Christ as "the only way", even though Muslims do consider him to be a prophet. Jews reject Christ altogether, so if the only qualifier for worshipping the Christian god is accepting Jesus as god, then Jews don't worship the same god either. You can't have both. If Jews don't have to worship Jesus to be worshipping the same god as you, then you need to come up with another reason that Muslims aren't either.
Not my fault you put yourself into a logical trap and can't explain your way out of it.

Not at all, read the Bible it explains it quite well. In Galatians, Paul warned Jewish Christians not to be fooled by false teachers who told them along with their faith and liberty in Christ, they must go back and follow Jewish laws, holy days, etc. (like circumcision). He said they had 'fallen from grace', not that they were not saved, but that after being freed from such a yoke of bondage by Christ, they have put back on themselves the very thing they were saved from. Just makes them more miserable. Anyway, a Jew, by denying Christ even though He worships God, has denied the way of salvation God plainly taught throughout the entire Old Testament. They may believe in the same God, but have turned their ears from the teaching of their prophets, in fact they mocked and stoned their prophets, and even killed their own Messiah, which of course, the Old Testament foretold. As I say, read the Bible it explains it far better than I can.

joeboonda

DreGod07 said:
So are you saying that jewish people are wrong as well?

For you information Jesus is NOT GOD. He didn't refer to himself as God nor is that what he taught his followers. He said plenty of times to his people that he wasn't. He was refered to "teacher"....Master and Lord were considered terms of respect and not as most have interperted them today.

Kings or people of royalty were refered to as Master or Lord as well. As i have stated before. The God of the Bible and the God of the qur'an are the same. it's really the God of the OT and the Qur'an. But again, the qur'an speaks of Jesus than it does Muhammed. You should at least spend some time studying the qur'an and speaking with muslims before you assume.

The Bible teaches that there is no other name given by which we may be saved but through Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is God, His name Emmanuel means God with us, He is God incarnate. He died and rose again, the qur'an does not teach this, if I am not mistaken, Islam teaches that God has no Son, that Jesus was just a teacher, not the Son of God, or Saviour of the world, that Christ did not die for all our sins, but that an imposter took His place on the cross. Therefore, Christ did not die for our sins as the Old and New Testament say He must, and was not the first to rise from the dead, as Jesus predicted several times that He would. I will stick with Jesus and the Bible, you may feel free to worship how you please, but I will trust in Christ for my salvation and nothing else.

UnityNow101

I have still NEVER found in the Bible where Jesus says that He is God Almighty. He says that He and the Father are One, meaning that His will was so intricately related to the Will of God that they can be said to be one and the same. At the same time Jesus says that the Father is greater than He and that He(Jesus) can do nothing on His own accord but only through the power of the Father. Muslims understand that God could not be confined to one human being. The Spirit of God rested upon Jesus Christ and He could only reveal what was revealed to Him by God Almighty.

Apostle_Yohanan

Shalom to all,

i have read a couple of the statements on this subject and i would like to say that,if i was one that was unlearned in the ways of Yahveh it(the notion that G-D and allah is the same being, just different languages)would make sense that the statement was true. But it's not true.Someone please explain to me how could two different books, two different religions, having little similarities and many contridictions against each other ,hate each other,one preachers conversion by any means nessesery(including murder) ,while the other preaches to preach conversion with a heart of love only,Be from the same supreme being...logically it makes no sense,The scripture states the Yahveh is not the author of confusion,the koran says Yahushuah Messiah was not the one to come ,but a prophet.While the scriptures teach that he was, and is the prince of peace and lord of lords.allah and every other FALSE god is a counterfeit...there is no safety in allah or any other FALSE god.
If you think i am being extreme please explain to me why most of the worlds castastrophes always hitthe parts of the world where the people are prodominatly of belief other than that of the belief in Yahveh. The parts of Africa that went throw and is still going through racial cleansing are prodominently made up of Mulims or people who practice some form of black magic, The tsunomi that hit Indonisia(Indonisia is 99.9% Muslim),New Orleans, when katrina hit it was devestating,new orleans is the murder capital of the United States and it is known that 70% of new orleanians practice some form of voodoo.Pakistan,known to be made up of mostly mulim and hindu worshippers experienced a terrible earthquake were more than over 30,000 people were killed.Need i say more, All of the above examples of castastrophic events
should make us think.All i have to say is that i hope this brings us to conciousness..helps us to evaluate our beliefs and search any teaches of any book to make sure we don't make tha wrong chioces, while hvaing to pay for these choices in the end...i believe that the path i and many like me are following is true..just because Yahveh warns me to study his word with a aggressive state of mind and which him prove himself to me..no other god does that but the G-D of Yisrael.
From the Scriptures: 2Tim 2:15 Do your utmost to present yourself approved to Elohim, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly handling the Word of Truth.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
joeboonda said:
Jesus said that HE was the way, the truth and the life, and no man comes to the Father but by Him. Now if a Muslim never heard the gospel, then they would be judged according to the light given them. But Islam is a false religion, Allah actually was a moon god. Mohammad brought the tribes together who all worshipped different gods, Romans says, that they turned from the one true God and worshipped other gods, so he gave them over to it. The Bible says there is no other name (but Jesus) given us for salvation. Jesus said believe in, trust in what HE did (died for our sins) for salvation. That is all.

Ok... YOU really need to study the word and where it comes from. It appears you have read some elses interpertation of the word ALLAH without knowing anything about it.

The hebrew word ELOAH and ALLAH are the SAME. Take the hebrew letters and turn them on their side and it reads ALLAH.

Are you now saying the hebrews worship a moon god?

The Arabic name Allah consists of the definite article "Al" [the] attached to the noun "Ilahun" [god -- allowing for the classical nunation]. When "Al" is attached, the I (aliph) of "Ilahun" become quiescent, the L of "Al" assimilates in pronunciation with the L of "Ilahun," and the word loses its nunation. Also Modern Arabic drops the final vowel [the case ending] in pronunciation. The resultant pronunciation is "Allah." However, the spelling in the Qur'an is Allah(u/i/a), where is the quiescent but written aliph, and the last vowel is the case ending [u for nominative, i for genitive, a for accusative]. The Arabic word "Ilahun" is the equivalent of Aramaic "Elah" [no case endings in Aramaic] and of Hebrew "Eloah" [no case endings]. It is then obvious that the word "Ilah" comes from a common Semitic root, EL or ILU/IL for the word (g)od, as do the words "Eloah" in Hebrew and "Elah" in Aramaic.

god-table.gif

And the next table shows the common Semitic words used in reference to The One True (G)od.
GOD-chart.gif

Again, ALLAH is the same word in Hebrew for GOD. This is a FACT not speculation which you have done.

joeboonda

MaddLlama said:
Do the Jews worship the same god as the Christians? It's a simple yes or no question....

Not really. God will deal with Israel again, but we are in the mysterious age of grace, or the church age. Jesus said they would not accept Him and mourned for them, He wanted to gather them to Himself like a mother gathering her hens, but they would not. He said because of their unbelief and hardness of hearts, they would be scattered across the world, which they were in 70 A.D. exactly how Jesus predicted. But in the latter days, the dry bones would come to life, get sinew, skin, and God would breathe life into them again. This is happening as Israel has become a nation and Jews are flocking to Israel from every direction, and they are being filled with the breath of God as more and more trust in Christ. But, the great number will be saved during the tribulation when 144,000 Jews specially marked, will preach the Gospel.

In one sense they do worship God, but in another sense they are blinded, Jesus is God, also, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit making up the Triune God. So they are rejecting at least one person of the Trinity or Godhead, whatever. But God loves them and the Bible clearly spells out how He is dealing with them, even into the latter days, which are fast approaching. Only way for me to explain it to you, is for example, say we both love pizza, I love the saucy crust, pepperoni's and cheese, but you only love the saucy crust and cheese. We both still like pizza, we just don't both like pepperoni.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Either they do, or they don't. Whether or not they do it correctly is not what I'm asking.
There are only two options: Three different religions, three different and seperate gods; or three different religions, and one god. Which one is it?

Is there any other reasons that Muslims aren't worshipping the same god as you, other than the fact that they don't believe jesus was god? Because, if that's the only reason you have, it's a pretty historically weak position.

joeboonda

UnityNow101 said:
I have still NEVER found in the Bible where Jesus says that He is God Almighty. He says that He and the Father are One, meaning that His will was so intricately related to the Will of God that they can be said to be one and the same. At the same time Jesus says that the Father is greater than He and that He(Jesus) can do nothing on His own accord but only through the power of the Father. Muslims understand that God could not be confined to one human being. The Spirit of God rested upon Jesus Christ and He could only reveal what was revealed to Him by God Almighty.

The Deity of Christ is another thread, Christ is called Immanuel, meaning God with us, He is called God incarnate, God made flesh. He forgave sin which only God can do, and He accepted worship which only God can do. He said, "Before Moses was, I AM", indicating He is God. He is the third person of the trinity, or godhead, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, three persons, making up one God.