• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Allah Is Same As Elohim

Apostle_Yohanan

MaddLlama said:
Do the Jews worship the same god as the Christians? It's a simple yes or no question....

Shalom maddLlama...Blessed be the name of Yahveh.
contrary to popular belief,the answer to your question is NO!!!!

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Apostle_Yohanan said:
Shalom maddLlama...Blessed be the name of Yahveh.
contrary to popular belief,the answer to your question is NO!!!!

So, Christianity didn't come out of Judaism? I understand that Christians have a different understanding than Jewish people do, but I was unaware that when Christians talk about the god of the OT, they are talking about a god they themselves invented.

joeboonda

MaddLlama said:
Either they do, or they don't. Whether or not they do it correctly is not what I'm asking.
There are only two options: Three different religions, three different and seperate gods; or three different religions, and one god. Which one is it?

Is there any other reasons that Muslims aren't worshipping the same god as you, other than the fact that they don't believe jesus was god? Because, if that's the only reason you have, it's a pretty historically weak position.

Like I said, God sent His Son to pay for our sins, this the God of the Jews, Jehovah. But I do not believe Allah and Jehovah are the same. I believe Allah is an ancient moon god and have posted links to articles to that effect earlier in this thread. There are many reasons I believe the god of Islam is a false god and that Islam is a false religion, but I have neither the time nor inclination to go into that right now. (maybe another time). I believe most Jews are blinded to the truth that Jesus is the Messiah, the Suffering Servant who had to come the first time to suffer for our sins, but will come again in Glory. (after the Rapture, that is).

Apostle_Yohanan

MaddLlama said:
So, Christianity didn't come out of Judaism? I understand that Christians have a different understanding than Jewish people do, but I was unaware that when Christians talk about the god of the OT, they are talking about a god they themselves invented.

Shalom....
Christianity did come from (or orignated from)Judaism, but as years past paganism
infiltrated the belief thus making no longer a part of judaism..the scriptures state if you are not in one mind and one accord,you can't be a unified body ....any animals with more than two heads is a freak.only one head can rule.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
joeboonda said:
I will NEVER EVER diminish the KIng of Kings and Lord of Lords, the Only Begotten Son of God, the Saviour of the World, the Lamb of God who taketh away the sin of the world, by equating Him with other prophets, and especially not Mohammad, no way, no how.

Here are some links that show Allah IS the moon god, and did NOT come from ancient Judaism:

http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles/skm30804.htm
http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/moongod.htm
http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/islam.htm

Again you are using scholars whos view is to seek to contradict Allah or the religion Islam. I have seen no comparison of ALLAH to the hebrew ELOAH..I have seen no comparison of the lettering in its ORIGINAL language by you or any of the scholars you cite... I have already told you that the Hebrew word ELOAH and ALLAH are THE SAME. I'm getting mad now because people like you don't listen and are narrow minded and believe others who share your view with out the proper research. for every quote you through out against this word there just as many i can through back to disprove you. you can best belive i'm going to show you with true translation of the word.

http://www.muslim.org/islam/allah.htm

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
DreGod07 said:
Again you are using scholars whos view is to seek to contradict Allah or the religion Islam.
And what exactly is wrong with contradicting Islam again?

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
joeboonda said:
The Dead Sea Scrolls will illustrate my point just fine. The Bible, which you call 'pieced together', compared to the qu'ran which you call complete, says that Abraham took Isaac to sacrifice on the alter, yet the qur'an says it was Ishmael whom Abraham took to the alter. Well, before the Dead Sea Scrolls, the oldest manuscript we had was from the 11th century that contained this bit of scripture, so neither side could prove who was right. But with the Dead Sea Scrolls, which dated further back, before the start of Islam, guess who it was that Abraham laid on the alter? It was Isaac. Proving that the Bible was right all along, and the qur'an was in error.

hhuuuummm....

Can you give me some more errors. Because the bible is not innocent of this. the bible is rot with inconsistancies....especially in the NT.

But one thing we should be in agreement on is what i had originally pointed out and that is the name ALLAH is the same as the hebrew ELOAH. And the muslims are praying to the same God their cousins (Hebrews) pray to.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
YmirGF said:

Using an anti-Islamic website to prove facts about the beliefs of Islam is hardly good scholarship, and not the right way to do things. Contradicting is different from purposefully misrepresenting.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
joeboonda said:
The Bible teaches that there is no other name given by which we may be saved but through Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is God, His name Emmanuel means God with us, He is God incarnate. He died and rose again, the qur'an does not teach this, if I am not mistaken, Islam teaches that God has no Son, that Jesus was just a teacher, not the Son of God, or Saviour of the world, that Christ did not die for all our sins, but that an imposter took His place on the cross. Therefore, Christ did not die for our sins as the Old and New Testament say He must, and was not the first to rise from the dead, as Jesus predicted several times that He would. I will stick with Jesus and the Bible, you may feel free to worship how you please, but I will trust in Christ for my salvation and nothing else.

Jesus is not God incarnate......You and people like you are misinterperting the scriptures....

Jesus said....God, God...why do you forsake me?????

He (Jesus)... asked God...He was not asking himself.

joeboonda

Muslims & Christians.

Not the same God!

by Michael Tummillo

(I wrote some of this last year when a Christian lady, married to a Muslim from Morrocco, asked if we weren't worshipping the same God as the Muslims. It's been improved upon considerably in light of recent events.)

There are several translations of the Qur'an available in English, but the most approved of one is Abdullah Yusef 'Ali's translation

I've met many Muslims. Most seem to demand two things of their converts:
  1. You must learn the Qur'an in Arabic.
  2. You must memorize the entire Qur'an.
After that, as if recognizing that I'm a "digger," they would tell me that Arabic is hard to learn, as if trying to dissuade me. They don't believe the Qur'an needs to be dissected the way I would study a particular topic in the Bible. It's perfect as is, they believe, and shows lack of faith to try to find "evidence" on which to build their faith.
Let's remember that Ishmael & Isaac were brothers. It is a Muslim fallacy that Abraham (considered by Muslims to be the first Muslim) performed his near-sacrifice on Ishmael. In the Bible, of course, it was Isaac. NOTE: this near-sacrifice was after Ishmael had been cast out of the family.
The Bible clearly states that the world is to be blessed thru Isaac's line (Jews), not Ishmael's line (Arabs).
Also, the Muslims say that the passage in the Torah that says Israel will receive another prophet like Moses to lead them is Muhammad. The Jews have always interpreted this to mean Joshua, son of Nun. Christians have broadened it to mean Yeshua (Joshua, Jesus), the Messiah.
Allah is not another name for the God we serve. Though he's not Satan, he is a demon. "The Dictionary of Bible and Religion" by William Gentz by Abingdon Press, has details on this as well as an organization called Good News For The Crescent World (http://www.gnfcw.com).
The storm god of Arabia was actually before Muhammad's time. Allah was just one of many gods of the day. The Arabic name "Allah" distinguishes him from "ilah," which could refer to any of their previous dieties. Muhammad changed his new religion from pantheism to the "one god" concept. Ironically, that idea may have come from the Judeo-Christian influence of the region, with which Muhammad was not impressed. He used this new religion to attempt to unite the Arabian peninsula because things had, apparently, become quite decadent. In his day, there were more blood-feuds than anything else. This in-fighting was bad for biz, too!
Note of interest: "El" is singular in Hebrew for "god" as in "El Shaddai" (God Almighty). "Elohim" is plural. When referring to YHWH, Elohim takes a singular verb. When referring to gods, Elohim takes a plural verb. The first line of the OT is "B'r**** bara Elohim ha-sha-mayim v'ha-aretz," i.e., "In the beginning Elohim created the heavens and the earth." "Elohim" is plural while "bara" is singluar. Elohim is one of the most common forms of referring to the One God of Israel rather than "El." "El" is most often used in combination rather than alone. Got that?
The proof is in the pudding: We become like the god we worship. Muhammad's people were already warlike - like the god they worshipped (your basic "storm gods" are usually warrior gods). Though he might have talked about a merciful Allah, Muhammad was merciless to his enemies.
Muhammad did not preach kindness towards anybody, let alone live it. In the end, he was assassinated by some woman he had angered. She poisoned him! Reaping and sowing is the way of life.
Muhammad taught that Jesus (Isa) didn't die on the cross nor go to the grave. He taught that a look-alike died in Jesus' place and that Jesus was taken up to Heaven (lots of Muslims wonder why God took Jesus and NOT Muhammad - good point when witnessing to them).
There is no way to deal with sin in Islam. There is no atonement. It's a balancing act: your good deeds are put on a scale with the bad on the other side. Which ever is heaviest determines where you spend eternity. However, if you die for Islam, then you go to Heaven and get 4 wives (Strangely, only applies to males - no one really knows what happens to the females. Islamic oppression of women is quite another subject).
Jesus says "bless your enemies," not "kill them!" Jesus is not a warrior-God, but a truly merciful God who is more than able to absorb all sin for all time for those who will only believe. Our choice.
Interestingly, we're suddenly hearing all kinds of talk about "God" and "Prayer" but rarely the "J" word. No way! The King of Kings that gives some a firm foundation still causes others to stumble.

More personality differences between God and Allah?
  • When God (Elohim) directed a tribal massacre over the Canaanites, though the Israelites failed to eliminate them, He didn't order more slaughter. No! He just told them not to have anything more to do with them! Basically, excise the Canaanites thru attrition.
  • Also, God (Elohim) frequently forgives and renews His people.
  • Allah, on the other hand, cannot boast of this kind of relationship with anyone.
Now, compare the actions between YHWH, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit (together known as Elohim; the Trinity) vs. Allah and we see that Elohim has nothing in common with Allah other than in making him jealous for what the Lord has with His children and His Bride, the Church!
Could this be just another reason these psychotic Muslim cults are used by Allah to attack the West? Humanoids are usually motivated by demons of fear and jealousy where hatred is involved. Demonic entities, tend to operate in team. Cluster groups. They're militaristic, legalistic, strategic, and hierarchical.*
There are now over one BILLION Muslims throughout the earth and growing fast. Only 15% of these are Arabs.
The popular myth perpetrated on the West (and I hear it ALL the time, most notably by a Cardinal on the recent TV news explaining that we Christians, the Jews and the Muslims serve the same God... oy vay!) is that YHWH (Jesus) and Allah are the same.
Some of this is our own fault for improper teaching of new converts. The Public Broadcasting System (PBS) has a web site on Islam which states: "Giving a different name to the one God worshiped by the followers of Muhammed erroneously implies that their God is different from the one God worshipped by Jews or Christians."
Folks, they are not the same!
They act in very different ways. Allah has become synonymous in Arabic with El(ohim) in Hebrew over time. However, theyreallyare different beings with completely different natures. Arabic no longer has other terms for the title "god." These days, Allah is used among Christians and Jews to mean Elohim (not the personal name of God but His divine title, like calling George W. "Mr. President").
This explains where the Cardinal was coming from. I imagine it would not be considered Politically Correct (a la Jesus), or I would be considered "intolerant' (Jesus didn't tolerate sin) or a "Muslo-phobic," if I were to tell a Muslim that they worship a false god or a demon and not the one true God. No, I do NOT recommend that tactless tactic.
The Muslims genuinely believe that they worship Elohim, when, in fact, they do not. Technically, they are monotheists as we Christians are. Wrong god, unfortunately. Little "g" This monotheistic worship is understandably confusing to Christians. Plus the fact that Muslims trace their physical lineage to Abraham keeps us perplexed as well.
Interesting to note that more English translations of the Qur'an do translate out as plural when Allah refers to himself as "we."
Personally, I find the book hard to read. Not because it's hard to understand, but it seems an angry sort of book. I've studied it to find its Christian corrolations as well as to "know my enemy, " the devil, and how he controls these poor misguided folks. There are some nice wisdom pieces every so often... but anyone aware of Satan's schemes knows there will ALWAYS be some element of truth in his deceptions or we wouldn't buy into it. I'd much rather read from the Jewish wisdom literature of Jesus' day and beyond.
Better yet, I'll bury my nose in the encouragement of Scripture... the Truth of God!

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Apostle_Yohanan said:
Shalom to all,

i have read a couple of the statements on this subject and i would like to say that,if i was one that was unlearned in the ways of Yahveh it(the notion that G-D and allah is the same being, just different languages)would make sense that the statement was true. But it's not true.Someone please explain to me how could two different books, two different religions, having little similarities and many contridictions against each other ,hate each other,one preachers conversion by any means nessesery(including murder) ,while the other preaches to preach conversion with a heart of love only,Be from the same supreme being...logically it makes no sense,The scripture states the Yahveh is not the author of confusion,the koran says Yahushuah Messiah was not the one to come ,but a prophet.While the scriptures teach that he was, and is the prince of peace and lord of lords.allah and every other FALSE god is a counterfeit...there is no safety in allah or any other FALSE god.
If you think i am being extreme please explain to me why most of the worlds castastrophes always hitthe parts of the world where the people are prodominatly of belief other than that of the belief in Yahveh. The parts of Africa that went throw and is still going through racial cleansing are prodominently made up of Mulims or people who practice some form of black magic, The tsunomi that hit Indonisia(Indonisia is 99.9% Muslim),New Orleans, when katrina hit it was devestating,new orleans is the murder capital of the United States and it is known that 70% of new orleanians practice some form of voodoo.Pakistan,known to be made up of mostly mulim and hindu worshippers experienced a terrible earthquake were more than over 30,000 people were killed.Need i say more, All of the above examples of castastrophic events
should make us think.All i have to say is that i hope this brings us to conciousness..helps us to evaluate our beliefs and search any teaches of any book to make sure we don't make tha wrong chioces, while hvaing to pay for these choices in the end...i believe that the path i and many like me are following is true..just because Yahveh warns me to study his word with a aggressive state of mind and which him prove himself to me..no other god does that but the G-D of Yisrael.

I have answered most of this by showing that the name ELOAH in hebrew is the same as ALLAH in arabic. this is a FACT.

I haven't discovered in the quran where it condones murder as a way to convert. Heck sinnners in the OT were stoned or ever crucified.

joeboonda

DreGod07 said:
Jesus is not God incarnate......You and people like you are misinterperting the scriptures....

Jesus said....God, God...why do you forsake me?????

He (Jesus)... asked God...He was not asking himself.

John 1

The Word Became Flesh

1In the beginning was the Word (Jesus), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.

3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood[a] it.
6There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John. 7He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe. 8He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. 9The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.[b]
10He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13children born not of natural descent,[c] nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.
14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only,[d] who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. 15John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, "This was he of whom I said, 'He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.' " 16From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another. 17For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only,[e][f]who is at the Father's side, has made him known.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
joeboonda said:
The Deity of Christ is another thread, Christ is called Immanuel, meaning God with us, He is called God incarnate, God made flesh. He forgave sin which only God can do, and He accepted worship which only God can do. He said, "Before Moses was, I AM", indicating He is God. He is the third person of the trinity, or godhead, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, three persons, making up one God.

Where in the scriptures does it refer to Jesus as Emmanuel or Emannuael as Jesus?

Or this a common "Interpertation"?????

UnTheist

joeboonda said:
Muslims & Christians.

Not the same God!

by Michael Tummillo

(I wrote some of this last year when a Christian lady, married to a Muslim from Morrocco, asked if we weren't worshipping the same God as the Muslims. It's been improved upon considerably in light of recent events.)

There are several translations of the Qur'an available in English, but the most approved of one is Abdullah Yusef 'Ali's translation

I've met many Muslims. Most seem to demand two things of their converts:
  1. You must learn the Qur'an in Arabic.
  2. You must memorize the entire Qur'an.
After that, as if recognizing that I'm a "digger," they would tell me that Arabic is hard to learn, as if trying to dissuade me. They don't believe the Qur'an needs to be dissected the way I would study a particular topic in the Bible. It's perfect as is, they believe, and shows lack of faith to try to find "evidence" on which to build their faith.
Let's remember that Ishmael & Isaac were brothers. It is a Muslim fallacy that Abraham (considered by Muslims to be the first Muslim) performed his near-sacrifice on Ishmael. In the Bible, of course, it was Isaac. NOTE: this near-sacrifice was after Ishmael had been cast out of the family.
The Bible clearly states that the world is to be blessed thru Isaac's line (Jews), not Ishmael's line (Arabs).
Also, the Muslims say that the passage in the Torah that says Israel will receive another prophet like Moses to lead them is Muhammad. The Jews have always interpreted this to mean Joshua, son of Nun. Christians have broadened it to mean Yeshua (Joshua, Jesus), the Messiah.
Allah is not another name for the God we serve. Though he's not Satan, he is a demon. "The Dictionary of Bible and Religion" by William Gentz by Abingdon Press, has details on this as well as an organization called Good News For The Crescent World (http://www.gnfcw.com).
The storm god of Arabia was actually before Muhammad's time. Allah was just one of many gods of the day. The Arabic name "Allah" distinguishes him from "ilah," which could refer to any of their previous dieties. Muhammad changed his new religion from pantheism to the "one god" concept. Ironically, that idea may have come from the Judeo-Christian influence of the region, with which Muhammad was not impressed. He used this new religion to attempt to unite the Arabian peninsula because things had, apparently, become quite decadent. In his day, there were more blood-feuds than anything else. This in-fighting was bad for biz, too!
Note of interest: "El" is singular in Hebrew for "god" as in "El Shaddai" (God Almighty). "Elohim" is plural. When referring to YHWH, Elohim takes a singular verb. When referring to gods, Elohim takes a plural verb. The first line of the OT is "B'r**** bara Elohim ha-sha-mayim v'ha-aretz," i.e., "In the beginning Elohim created the heavens and the earth." "Elohim" is plural while "bara" is singluar. Elohim is one of the most common forms of referring to the One God of Israel rather than "El." "El" is most often used in combination rather than alone. Got that?
The proof is in the pudding: We become like the god we worship. Muhammad's people were already warlike - like the god they worshipped (your basic "storm gods" are usually warrior gods). Though he might have talked about a merciful Allah, Muhammad was merciless to his enemies.
Muhammad did not preach kindness towards anybody, let alone live it. In the end, he was assassinated by some woman he had angered. She poisoned him! Reaping and sowing is the way of life.
Muhammad taught that Jesus (Isa) didn't die on the cross nor go to the grave. He taught that a look-alike died in Jesus' place and that Jesus was taken up to Heaven (lots of Muslims wonder why God took Jesus and NOT Muhammad - good point when witnessing to them).
There is no way to deal with sin in Islam. There is no atonement. It's a balancing act: your good deeds are put on a scale with the bad on the other side. Which ever is heaviest determines where you spend eternity. However, if you die for Islam, then you go to Heaven and get 4 wives (Strangely, only applies to males - no one really knows what happens to the females. Islamic oppression of women is quite another subject).
Jesus says "bless your enemies," not "kill them!" Jesus is not a warrior-God, but a truly merciful God who is more than able to absorb all sin for all time for those who will only believe. Our choice.
Interestingly, we're suddenly hearing all kinds of talk about "God" and "Prayer" but rarely the "J" word. No way! The King of Kings that gives some a firm foundation still causes others to stumble.

More personality differences between God and Allah?
  • When God (Elohim) directed a tribal massacre over the Canaanites, though the Israelites failed to eliminate them, He didn't order more slaughter. No! He just told them not to have anything more to do with them! Basically, excise the Canaanites thru attrition.
  • Also, God (Elohim) frequently forgives and renews His people.
  • Allah, on the other hand, cannot boast of this kind of relationship with anyone.
Now, compare the actions between YHWH, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit (together known as Elohim; the Trinity) vs. Allah and we see that Elohim has nothing in common with Allah other than in making him jealous for what the Lord has with His children and His Bride, the Church!
Could this be just another reason these psychotic Muslim cults are used by Allah to attack the West? Humanoids are usually motivated by demons of fear and jealousy where hatred is involved. Demonic entities, tend to operate in team. Cluster groups. They're militaristic, legalistic, strategic, and hierarchical.*
There are now over one BILLION Muslims throughout the earth and growing fast. Only 15% of these are Arabs.
The popular myth perpetrated on the West (and I hear it ALL the time, most notably by a Cardinal on the recent TV news explaining that we Christians, the Jews and the Muslims serve the same God... oy vay!) is that YHWH (Jesus) and Allah are the same.
Some of this is our own fault for improper teaching of new converts. The Public Broadcasting System (PBS) has a web site on Islam which states: "Giving a different name to the one God worshiped by the followers of Muhammed erroneously implies that their God is different from the one God worshipped by Jews or Christians."
Folks, they are not the same!
They act in very different ways. Allah has become synonymous in Arabic with El(ohim) in Hebrew over time. However, theyreallyare different beings with completely different natures. Arabic no longer has other terms for the title "god." These days, Allah is used among Christians and Jews to mean Elohim (not the personal name of God but His divine title, like calling George W. "Mr. President").
This explains where the Cardinal was coming from. I imagine it would not be considered Politically Correct (a la Jesus), or I would be considered "intolerant' (Jesus didn't tolerate sin) or a "Muslo-phobic," if I were to tell a Muslim that they worship a false god or a demon and not the one true God. No, I do NOT recommend that tactless tactic.
The Muslims genuinely believe that they worship Elohim, when, in fact, they do not. Technically, they are monotheists as we Christians are. Wrong god, unfortunately. Little "g" This monotheistic worship is understandably confusing to Christians. Plus the fact that Muslims trace their physical lineage to Abraham keeps us perplexed as well.
Interesting to note that more English translations of the Qur'an do translate out as plural when Allah refers to himself as "we."
Personally, I find the book hard to read. Not because it's hard to understand, but it seems an angry sort of book. I've studied it to find its Christian corrolations as well as to "know my enemy, " the devil, and how he controls these poor misguided folks. There are some nice wisdom pieces every so often... but anyone aware of Satan's schemes knows there will ALWAYS be some element of truth in his deceptions or we wouldn't buy into it. I'd much rather read from the Jewish wisdom literature of Jesus' day and beyond.
Better yet, I'll bury my nose in the encouragement of Scripture... the Truth of God!
Umm, ok. Are you trying to bash Muslims, or what?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
MaddLlama said:
Using an anti-Islamic website to prove facts about the beliefs of Islam is hardly good scholarship, and not the right way to do things. Contradicting is different from purposefully misrepresenting.
Well that is certainly a revelation MaddLlama. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. One could easily launch an argument that Islam also "purposefully misrepresents" Christianity and Judiasm to further its own agenda.

joeboonda

DreGod07 said:
Where in the scriptures does it refer to Jesus as Emmanuel or Emannuael as Jesus?

Or this a common "Interpertation"?????

1. Isaiah 7:14
    Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.
    Matthew 1:23
    "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" —which means, "God with us."

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
joeboonda said:
Like I said, God sent His Son to pay for our sins, this the God of the Jews, Jehovah. But I do not believe Allah and Jehovah are the same. I believe Allah is an ancient moon god and have posted links to articles to that effect earlier in this thread. There are many reasons I believe the god of Islam is a false god and that Islam is a false religion, but I have neither the time nor inclination to go into that right now. (maybe another time). I believe most Jews are blinded to the truth that Jesus is the Messiah, the Suffering Servant who had to come the first time to suffer for our sins, but will come again in Glory. (after the Rapture, that is).

And like I said. This is pretty narrow minded view.

You didn't mention that ALLAH was Not Jehovah. If you did I would have said that you are correct. Jehovah is not a word.

But as I keep on saying... Eloah of the OT is the same as Allah of the Quran. Can you disprove that?????????????

Even though you posted some links I also posted a link to accurately show the translation, comparison and pronunciation of the word.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
YmirGF said:

nothing.

maybe the word should have been (disproving)

I have a problem when people who fail to understand the simple etimology of that word. I was simply trying to show him that what ever he believes about the word (Allah) it is the same word in the hebrew language (Eloah). The scholars in those links did a very good job trying to disprove that Allah is GOD without understanding the etimology of the word. I cited a muslim website that did.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
YmirGF said:
Well that is certainly a revelation MaddLlama. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. One could easily launch an argument that Islam also "purposefully misrepresents" Christianity and Judiasm to further its own agenda.
I'm sure you could. And, I never said that it was OK for one to misrepresent and insult, and not the other. Two wrongs don't make a right.