• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Almost Every Christian Going To Hell According To Bible

Midnight Pete

Almost Every Christian is going to Hell ... according to a mutilated Bible that has every referrence to Jesus Christ torn out of it.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
In Western countries(Christian Majority)----Adultery is common

Now according to the Bible almost every Christian is going to Hell

New-Testament

Matthew 19:9 "I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."

Mark 10:11 "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her."

Mark 10:12 "And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery."

Luke 16:18 "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery."

Old-Testament

Deuteronomy 22:22 "If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die."

Leviticus 20:10 "If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death."

Proverbs 6:32 "But a man who commits adultery lacks judgment; whoever does so destroys himself."

Also point to be noted according Jesus(pbuh) the laws of Old-Testament are still valid and are applicable upon Christians

Matthew 5:17-19 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Now My point ,Since adultery is clearly prohibited in the Bible, and since most Western Christians today are divorced and are either living with their boyfriends/girlfriends or married to other people, wouldn't that cause for them to be thrown in Hell? After all, most Western Christians according to the Bible are committing adultery ,and according to Ot "both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.":confused:
You are under the misconception that sin is the reason people go to hell.

waitasec

Veteran Member
The Bible reports Jesus saying: "He who believes in me will not be condemned. But he who does not believe in me is condemned already."

Therefore, all Christians, through faith, have access to the saving power of the blood of Jesus Christ.

That's according to the Bible.

thats not true...

oh yeah, your truth is relative, isn't it....

A Thousand Suns

Rationalist
The verses cherry picked in the OP are often used incorrectly. Jesus was speaking generally, not specifically, in those passages. He was specifically teaching that we are to live by the SPIRIT of the Law, not bound by the LETTER of the Law.
There is always a new answer from different Christians , and what do you mean that 'Jesus was speaking generally, not specifically'----that means that if Jesus(pbuh) tells us anything generally we should ignore him :facepalm:

In fact it has been explicitly & specifically spoken by Jesus(pbuh) that anyone who divorces his wife and marries another women commits adultery , there are no conditions mentioned in those verses

smokydot

Thats not true...
Then check out Jesus' words in Jn 3:18 for yourself.
"Whoever believes in him is not condemned
[that would be Christians, all of whom have access to the saving power of the blood of Jesus Christ].
Whoever does not believe stands condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son."

Or check out Jn 3:36: "Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life
[that would be Christians, all of whom have access to the saving power of the blood of Jesus Christ].
Whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him."
oh yeah, your truth is relative, isn't it....
Yes, it is absolutely, completely and faithfully related to what Jesus said.

Last edited:

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
There is always a new answer from different Christians , and what do you mean that 'Jesus was speaking generally, not specifically'----that means that if Jesus(pbuh) tells us anything generally we should ignore him :facepalm:

In fact it has been explicitly & specifically spoken by Jesus(pbuh) that anyone who divorces his wife and marries another women commits adultery , there are no conditions mentioned in those verses

OK - and in the very same passage, Jesus says to the very same people "If your right hand offends you, cut it off. If your right eye offends you, pluck it out." Funny, but I don't see many one eyed, one handed Christians walking around. If that very same passage was meant to be taken so literally, wouldn't people be chopping off their hands and plucking out their eyes? You're telling me that all these literalists aren't sinning with their hands and their eyes?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One

Jesus words imply that marrying more then one woman is adultery, so you'd have to admit then that any man taking many wives may also be putting himself in line for hell

thankfully, God doesnt work the way man thinks. If he did then every polygamist should be stoned.

Last edited:

A Thousand Suns

Rationalist
OK - and in the very same passage, Jesus says to the very same people "If your right hand offends you, cut it off. If your right eye offends you, pluck it out." Funny, but I don't see many one eyed, one handed Christians walking around. If that very same passage was meant to be taken so literally, wouldn't people be chopping off their hands and plucking out their eyes? You're telling me that all these literalists aren't sinning with their hands and their eyes?
Well in full context Jesus(pbuh) said ,Its better to cut your hand off rather than committing sin which will lead you to hell and make your whole body suffer

its clearly metaphorical ,where Jesus(pbuh) trying to tell his followers the importance of committing sin which could lead a person to Hell

On the other hand the verse I quoted are in full context and are not to be taken literally ie Luke 16:16-18

16 “The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing their way into it. 17 It is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for the least stroke of a pen to drop out of the Law.

18 “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery

A Thousand Suns

Rationalist
Jesus words imply that marrying more then one woman is adultery, so you'd have to admit then that any man taking many wives may also be putting himself in line for hell.
The issue is remarrying after divorce not marrying more women

also the issue is other forms of adultery common in Christian society ie sleeping with your Gf ,Bf before getting married
thankfully, God doesn't work the way man thinks. If he did then every polygamist should be stoned.
Makes me wonder if God didn't allow polygamy he could have just mentioned it in Bible in clear words :confused:

A Thousand Suns

Rationalist
Then check out Jesus' words in Jn 3:18 for yourself.
"Whoever believes in him is not condemned
I also believe in him---In fact no Muslim is a Muslim until he believes in Jesus(pbuh)

Or check out Jn 3:36: "Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life
Whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him.".
Like I said ,I also believe in him

They say: "Become Jews or Christians if ye would be guided (To salvation)." Say thou: "Nay! (I would rather) the Religion of Abraham the True, and he joined not gods with Allah." [2:136]
Say ye: "We believe in Allah, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) prophets from their Lord: We make no difference between one and another of them: And we bow to Allah (in Islam)."

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
The issue is remarrying after divorce not marrying more women

also the issue is other forms of adultery common in Christian society ie sleeping with your Gf ,Bf before getting married

but if you read all of jesus words, remarrying after divorce is permissible if the divorce was the result of unfaithfulness in the marriage. Unfaithfulness is having sex with someone other then your wife.

You'd have to ask, Can someone have more then one wife and still be faithful to each of them???

Makes me wonder if God didn't allow polygamy he could have just mentioned it in Bible in clear words :confused:

polygamy was practiced long before God gave his laws to the Isrealites. It had been around since before the days of Noah...the first man to take two wives was 'Lemuel'
The laws that God gave the Isrealites 'regulated' the practice rather then outlawed it and those regulations were strict because God did not want to see women abused by men...which polygamy tended to do.

In the requirements of the kings, God did forbid them to have more then one wife.
Deuteronomy 17:17 "He should also not multiply wives for himself, that his heart may not turn aside; nor should he increase silver and gold for himself very much"

A Thousand Suns

Rationalist
but if you read all of jesus words, remarrying after divorce is permissible if the divorce was the result of unfaithfulness in the marriage. Unfaithfulness is having sex with someone other then your wife.
But the verses I'm reading clearly say that in any case a person cant remarry-----and also its not necessary that people only get divorced when a person had sex with someone other then his wife/husband
You'd have to ask, Can someone have more then one wife and still be faithful to each of them???
Well some people can ,I have seen it, But for a guy like me ,one would be more than enough ,that why in Islam its individuals choice

Also condition's are placed in Islam on limited polygamy
1)He should have the permission of his first wife before marrying the second
2)He should do justice between them ,if he cant ,he should only marry only one

etc

without those condition's being fulfilled you cant marry another women
Deuteronomy 17:17 "He should also not multiply wives for himself, that his heart may not turn aside; nor should he increase silver and gold for himself very much"
It doesn't say that you cant marry more than one---In fact if you read the old-testament polygamy is clearly allowed

Exodus 21:10, a man can marry an infinite amount of women without any limits to how many he can marry.

2 Samuel 5:13; 1 Chronicles 3:1-9, 14:3, King David had six wives and numerous concubines.

1 Kings 11:3, King Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines.

2 Chronicles 11:21, King Solomon's son Rehoboam had 18 wives and 60 concubines

etc

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
But the verses I'm reading clearly say that in any case a person cant remarry-----and also its not necessary that people only get divorced when a person had sex with someone other then his wife/husband

well you keep missing the part that says
"except on the ground of fornication"

So he's saying, if a man divorces and remarries, 'except on the ground of fornication'...it is adultery.

Its the same as me saying to you... if your wife commits fornication, then you can divorce her and marry another. That is a permissible ground for divorce in Gods eyes....and the same would be true if the man committed fornication, then the wife could remarry and it would not be considered adultery.

It doesn't say that you cant marry more than one---In fact if you read the old-testament polygamy is clearly allowed

Exodus 21:10, a man can marry an infinite amount of women without any limits to how many he can marry.

Ex 21:10 "If he should take another wife for himself, her sustenance, her clothing and her marriage due are not to be diminished."
This is a regulation preventing men from marrying too many wives. These sorts of regulations made it difficult for a poorer man to marry more then once because he would have to provide the same dowry to her as he would to his first wife.

2 Samuel 5:13; 1 Chronicles 3:1-9, 14:3, King David had six wives and numerous concubines.

1 Kings 11:3, King Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines.

2 Chronicles 11:21, King Solomon's son Rehoboam had 18 wives and 60 concubines

etc

Yes they did. Men are only human and tend to think to much on their physical needs...even men who serve God. But that doesnt make their actions right. God gave a command that many of them ignored.
"the king must not multiply wives for himself..."

David already had several wives before he became a king, so he doesnt really count as polygamy was tolerated among the Isrealites. But Solomon went against Gods law after he was made a king (as many of them did) and became an extreme polygamist...this did not sit well with God and eventually led to Solomons sons loosing the throne of David.
The reason was that his many wives led him away from serving God to serving false gods of the nations.

1 Kings 1-12 Jehovah now said to Sol′o‧mon: “For the reason that this has taken place with you and you have not kept my covenant and my statutes that I laid in command upon you, I shall without fail rip the kingdom away from off you, and I shall certainly give it to your servant. 12 However, in your days I shall not do it, for the sake of David your father. Out of the hand of your son I shall rip it away.

So Solomon, the extreme polygamist, was not approved by God at all. he was disobedient and unfaithful in his worship of God...the first requirement being 'the king shall not multiply wives for himself' because God wanted the kings to set the right example for the rest of the nation...Solomon was not a good example and the kingdom became divided as a result.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Well in full context Jesus(pbuh) said ,Its better to cut your hand off rather than committing sin which will lead you to hell and make your whole body suffer

its clearly metaphorical ,where Jesus(pbuh) trying to tell his followers the importance of committing sin which could lead a person to Hell

On the other hand the verse I quoted are in full context and are not to be taken literally ie Luke 16:16-18

16 “The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing their way into it. 17 It is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for the least stroke of a pen to drop out of the Law.

18 “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery

Why do you think one verse is figurative and the other is literal? What evidence can you show that proves this? Or is it more inconvenient to cut off one's hand or pluck out one's eye than it is to be judgmental of all who are divorced and remarried?

In BOTH passages, Jesus is clearly speaking about ATTITUDE - and the SPIRIT of the Law, rather than the LETTER of the Law. We are not bound to the LETTER of the Law, but we are bound to the SPIRIT of the Law.

We tell children, "Don't go out into the street." Good general advice - and we CAN take it literally, but we're not bound to always take that advice literally. It's the SPIRIT of the command that is what's important. What we mean is "Don't go out into the street because you generally don't have any business in the street and generally speaking, it's safer for you to stay out of the street." However - if a man with a knife chased that child, and the only safe way to get away from him was to cross the street, it wouldn't be wrong for the child to go into the street.

Same with marriage. GENERALLY speaking, and under the SPIRIT of the Law, men and women should stay married, and take their vows very seriously. But Jesus Himself even says in other passages that divorce and remarriage are allowed in the case of adultery, and Paul makes it clear that if an unbelieving spouse leaves a Christian, that Christian is not bound to that marriage.

So we know that there are exceptions - the point is that they are few and far between, and that divorce is not something to be taken lightly. In fact, Jesus' words to the Pharisees about divorce was a REPRIMAND about them being legalistic and looking for loopholes to get OUT of marriages, when instead we should be focusing on keeping marriages TOGETHER - in other words, the SPIRIT of the law rather than the letter.

free spirit

I also believe in him---In fact no Muslim is a Muslim until he believes in Jesus(pbuh)
Like I said ,I also believe in him
the Devil also believe: therefore believing is nothing if it is not joined with repentance.

They say: "Become Jews or Christians if ye would be guided (To salvation)." Say thou: "Nay! (I would rather) the Religion of Abraham the True, and he joined not gods with Allah." [2:136]

The Word of God become flesh, so the Word is not another God he is God.

Say ye: "We believe in Allah, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) prophets from their Lord: We make no difference between one and another of them: And we bow to Allah (in Islam)."[/
we do the same

If a man marry many wifes they become objects of plesure to him, he cannot love nor respect any of them. Is your God just, or does see the women as a lesser vessell than the men. If he permit men to have many wifes without committing adultery, why not permit women to have many husbands. Or does upon marriege the women become the property of her husband.

Last edited:

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Actually you are the under misconception

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/2246512-post78.html

feel free to prove me wrong
I'm not sure why the reference back to the op.

Simple proof verse, " He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." John 3:18 KJV

Nothing in there about sin, only belief. Sin will kill you, "For thewages of sin is death..." Rom. 6:23